Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Spriest - insanity pasive?

What if Spriest were given insanity as a passive.
    This would give Spriest a good bursty dmg, because most of the classes have good burst (except Spriest).
    It would also let them use FLCD for mobility and not worry about doing to little dmg or burst e.g. when killing a healer.
    (killing a good healer as a Spriest without insanity is basicly impossible)
    Is this a good idea?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    No, i dont think so, spriest will just spam mind flay all day, making them more mindless than warriors.

no, they would still have to build up 3 orbs, all it does is giving spriest abit of mobility and dmg :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    no, they would still have to build up 3 orbs, all it does is giving spriest abit of mobility and dmg :P
    personally i think spriest should get more utility than dmg, rets do crap dmg compared to other dps, but people still bring em along because of utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    personally i think spriest should get more utility than dmg, rets do crap dmg compared to other dps, but people still bring em along because of utility.
    No thanks. I'd trade the little utility we bring now in favor of more damage.

As for the topic, I personally can't stand Insanity so if it were up to me, it'd be gone =P

I actually hate the Insanity mechanic, and would rather see that extra damage rolled into Devouring Plague's DoT effect.

FDCL already procs so much it's difficult or even impossible to use all the procs, particularly in a multidotting scenario. With Insanity's turret channelling requirements, it would lead to even more wasted procs, which would just feel bad. I would rather see the other options buffed and brought up to par with Insanity so it wasn't always the best choice.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    FDCL already procs so much it's difficult or even impossible to use all the procs, particularly in a multidotting scenario. With Insanity's turret channelling requirements, it would lead to even more wasted procs, which would just feel bad. I would rather see the other options buffed and brought up to par with Insanity so it wasn't always the best choice.
    By Blizz logic they would probably just nerf Insanity and leave the others be because shadow in "balanced" around Insanity being the best dps increase in the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    By Blizz logic they would probably just nerf Insanity and leave the others be because shadow in "balanced" around Insanity being the best dps increase in the tier.
    That makes no sense. If FDCL and MB are buffed to Insanity's level, priests aren't going to do more dps than they did with Insanity.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

That makes no sense.
    That's why they're going to do it.

The devs aren't stupid.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSavior View Post
    I actually hate the Insanity mechanic, and would rather see that extra damage rolled into Devouring Plague's DoT effect.
    Insanity is pretty fair, burst damage but you can't move and or be interrupted. DP used to be as strong as you're saying and back then, Shadow Priest burst was ridiculous.

Insanity as baseline is a good idea because now we're choosing between severely gimped mobility for a small amount of burst and more overall damage. The question now is, what talent should replace Insanity such that the choice is more bearable when choosing between FDCL, Mind Bender, and X new talent.

I think the choice should be: FDCL = good for AoE, Insanity replacement = good for Single Target, both with a mobility component.

FDCL: Instant Mind Spike 5% proc off VT, 200% damage up front, 200% damage over X seconds (or even 400-450% damage over X seconds, no up front damage). Reducing the proc rate makes FDCL more valuable in multitarget situations and the over time component avoid ridiculous PvP burst. I envision a system where multitarget is something like: put up VT, spam Mind Sear (maybe Mind Sear ticks could extend the duration of VT), and use up FDCL procs.

New Insanity: Mind Flay usable on the move, but casting is slowed by 50% for the duration of movement, +25 or 50% Mind Flay damage.

No. Insanity is a very poor band-aid fix to shadow st damage in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsay View Post
    What if Insanity was: While DP is active, increase damage to the target by X% per orb (e.g. 10% per orb)?

The devs aren't stupid.
    The way Shadow has been this whole expansion would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsay View Post
    That's really all it's been. The original talent was even worse and they needed to give Shadow a single target DPS boost and thus we have what we have now.
    Last edited by Cerbz; 2014-02-12 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    The way Shadow has been this whole expansion would disagree.
    They disagree that our damage is too low considering our total utility kit. That doesn't mean they are stupid, it means they don't think in the way we do.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

They disagree that our damage is too low considering our total utility kit. That doesn't mean they are stupid, it means they don't think in the way we do.
    It's not all about the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather remove insanity, let MF be cat while moving, and buff Mind Blast. I would much rather play with FCDL than insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    It's not all about the damage.
    Then I don't know what you're talking about. Utility has been pretty nice, and overall design has been fantastic. My only gripe is with movement being so much of a problem, but the devs don't like the current state of caster mobility so they will likely be brought down to our level anyway. Plus, there's no real obvious way of making Shadow better at moving short of completely changing Mind Spike.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Sigh, I hate Insanity... hate that I have to use it to be even decent. Guess we'll have to wait till lvl 100 to switch to some kind of dotless MS-MB rotation via Divine Clarity...

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Sigh, I hate Insanity... hate that I have to use it to be even decent. Guess we'll have to wait till lvl 100 to switch to some kind of dotless MS-MB rotation via Divine Clarity...
    You'll have to wait. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>