"all the old items and equipment you once carried." - WoW Dev Team

Automated In-game Mail #403 - Character Boost: We've supplied you with a whole new set of high-level gear, but attached you'll find all the old items and equipment you once carried. - The WoW Dev Team
    Front page has this string change for PTR. Will this be the tool that will allow us to obtain items that we've destroyed in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Front page has this string change for PTR. Will this be the tool that will allow us to obtain items that we've destroyed in the past?
    No. It will be the tool that upgrades your level 53 to level 90, and mails you your level 53 gear after putting level 90 gear on you.

Yes I just read 'Character Boost', guess I skipped over that in my excitement. Sucks to be punished transmog wise for fastidiously completing quests.

I doubt it. Sounds like theyve decided that they are giving better gear than a few days ago. Either that or toons are deleted and replaced rather than actually boosted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    U mean a tool like https://eu.battle.net/support/en/restoration?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    I doubt it. Sounds like theyve decided that they are giving better gear than a few days ago. Either that or toons are deleted and replaced rather than actually boosted

The character is boosted, the gear given has always been iLvl 483 since inception, and they kit the character for 90 (meaning equip the 90 gear) and mail you all your previous gear. This is how the SoR boost works, minus the level is 80 and the gear is iLvl 332 IIRC.

As described by another poster, this is referring only to the character boost and the equipment that you had equipped prior to the boost.
    Personally I would have thought mailing you the new gear would be less fiddly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly what happens when you currently use the free Level 80 boost from a Scroll if Resurrection.

Your character is equipped in a full set of 232's and all previous equipment you were wearing prior to the boost is sent to you in the mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just bad wording, really. It's just the gear you were wearing prior to the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    Oh I didn't know that reached back to Vanilla..., we're not all little noobs.