Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else disappointed in Warrior PvP

I've played a warrior since the beginning of BC, so i'm quite familiar with the class. I've experienced times where we dominated, and times where we've been awful. Does anybody else feel like we are severely underpowered right now? I do both arenas and world PvP, and I have yet to find a time where I thought to myself "wow, my damage is great." Sure we have a lot of mobility, but it's almost always able to be rendered useless with the various kiting/cc moves of other classes. We also lack any self heals, besides second wind, which doesn't even start until we're low enough to be bursted down. I'm tired of hearing that warriors need to be nerfed, and disappointed to see that Blizzard is actually listening to that. Especially when monks are currently the most broken class i've ever seen.

Like, really? I pray that I am being trolled. Seriously. Like what? Jesus. Can't even begin to understand how you can think that.

*deep breath* .... Warriors are currently very strong, overpowered by most standards (see highest represented in rated pvp by alot) and are in no way underpowered. Check the pvp forum under any of the double digit threads on warriors out there right now if you want a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

OP is a bad warrior and needs to L2Play.

Try googling or visiting any of the number of popular fansites for Warrior guides to (re)learn the basics of Warrior PvP. Even better, go duel / practice PvP to hone your skills.
    In a less constructive, but maybe more realistic note, please consider that maybe you have reached your skillcap and can't really play the current incarnation of the warrior class effectively. If all else fails: try another class or quit PvP?

Can you link your armoury please so I can see your character.

Warriors are great atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    I've played a warrior since the beginning of BC, so i'm quite familiar with the class. I've experienced times where we dominated, and times where we've been awful. Does anybody else feel like we are severely underpowered right now? I do both arenas and world PvP, and I have yet to find a time where I thought to myself "wow, my damage is great." Sure we have a lot of mobility, but it's almost always able to be rendered useless with the various kiting/cc moves of other classes. We also lack any self heals, besides second wind, which doesn't even start until we're low enough to be bursted down. I'm tired of hearing that warriors need to be nerfed, and disappointed to see that Blizzard is actually listening to that. Especially when monks are currently the most broken class i've ever seen.
    Doubt you've played much pvp on the warrior except when mortal strike was completely broken. Warriors are the strongest class of all in pvp currently. Go arms and bind slam to everything, and you're doing better than you apparently are currently.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Getting critted by a warrior in def stance for over 50k, while bleeds crit for over 30k and barely any escape from their million stuns and gap closers. Yeah warriors suck.

Not a troll. I only ever raided until recently, and I also just came back to the game after a year break. I still fully understand the mechanics of our class, and play it well. I guess I am just undergeared currently, and use to fighting full grievous in arenas, or full PvE in world PvP. I will admit I don't see much of a problem in arenas, i've even ran a dual warrior comp lately and it works well. But in Bgs or world pvp I tend to be overpowered by many classes. Regardless, my stance on monks still remains. I've yet to see a time where I haven't gone "wow wtf" at a monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course monks are broken, they're a selling-point for both WoW and Diablo 3. They're going to be in the spotlight until WoD, when they'll likely be nerfed to oblivion, just like every other "flavor-of-the-expansion" classes.

Warriors are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be prepared for mass flaming coming ur way, warriors are 1 of the 2 most OP classes in pvp right now. You are doing something severely wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Getting critted by a warrior in def stance for over 50k, while bleeds crit for over 30k and barely any escape from their million stuns and gap closers. Yeah warriors suck.
    Millions of stuns? You mean one? We have a basic Fear that will stun the target but breaks on damage (including our bleeds) and that is completely it. We can choose Shockwave as a talent but then you get rid of a big portion of our damage.

Let's go ahead and compare that to other classes:

-Hunter: Ice trap, Wyvern Sting, Scatter Shot
    -Warlock: Shadowfury, Seduction, Fear and Mortal Coil (if you want to count them as stuns)
    -Rogue: Cheap Shot, Blind, Gouge, Kidney Shot
    -Monk: Fist of Fury, Quaking Palm, Leg Sweep (aoe),
    -Druid: Cyclone, Maim, Mighty Bash, Pounce
    -Paladin: Hammer of Justice, Repentance
    -Deathknight: Asphyxiate, Remorseless Winter
    -Shaman: Capacitor Totem (aoe stun)
    -Priest: Psychic Scream (w/ glyph)
    -Mage: Impact, Deep Freeze

And you're going to complain about OUR stuns? Have you ever fought a Hunter or Monk lol? And those are stuns only, not including the several other ccs/roots/snares those classes also have. And for every gap closer we have, most classes have a similar way to escape/kite us. Given the right comps and you can completely stop the warrior from going anywhere.

Millions of stuns? You mean one? We have a basic Fear that will stun the target but breaks on damage (including our bleeds) and that is completely it. We can choose Shockwave as a talent but then you get rid of a big portion of our damage.

And you're going to complain about OUR stuns? Have you ever fought a Hunter or Monk lol? And those are stuns only, not including the several other ccs/roots/snares those classes also have. And for every gap closer we have, most classes have a similar way to escape/kite us. Given the right comps and you can completely stop the warrior from going anywhere.
    You are clearly missing alot of things about the warrior toolkit. For one, warriors run 2 specs in general: bloodbath/bladestorm is the burst aoe spec that is rarely run outside of double dps 2s or triple dps 3s or rushdown comps. Most warriors run stun spec which includes shockwave and storm bolt. Both of these stuns are unavoidable (no parry/dodge) and are not dispellable. Storm bolt is ranged and shockwave is an aoe. They also have charge stun. Warriors have a CRAPTON of stuns, nearly on par with rogues. By the way, most of the things you listed are not stuns. Add the warrior stuns to 2 interrupts (one being aoe) and spell reflect and casters have no chance to cast with a decent warrior even near them.

Warriors have a 12 second gap closer which is by far the shortest in the game, safeguard is also a gap closer when used with banners and a 30 cd rootbreak. Heroic leap is a 30 seconds cd gap closer assuming you glyph it which you should. Its pretty much the opposite of what you are saying; warriors are very difficult to stop and have high survivability which is why they have a low floor right now. Add insane caster lockdown and thats the warrior package. I don't believe they are stronger than mage or hunters personally, but warriors are just really good at every facet of the pvp game right now.

And monks are really not overpowered. They are really good at 1v1 and 2v2 but in 3v3 and rbgs they are pretty average, although thats mostly due to their high skill floor and cap.
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

First, have you actually ever played a warrior yourself?
    Also, the rootbreak no longer works (read more).
    And if you think monks are not overpowered then you are blind (or not very smart).
    Have to say I'm disappointed with warrior pvp and it's not due to a lack of skill, but you'll most likely assume that anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    You are clearly missing alot of things about the warrior toolkit. For one, warriors run 2 specs in general: bloodbath/bladestorm is the burst aoe spec that is rarely run outside of double dps 2s or triple dps 3s or rushdown comps. Most warriors run stun spec which includes shockwave and storm bolt. Both of these stuns are unavoidable (no parry/dodge) and are not dispellable. Storm bolt is ranged and shockwave is an aoe. They also have charge stun. Warriors have a CRAPTON of stuns, nearly on par with rogues. By the way, most of the things you listed are not stuns. Add the warrior stuns to 2 interrupts (one being aoe) and spell reflect and casters have no chance to cast with a decent warrior even near them.

Warriors have a 12 second gap closer which is by far the shortest in the game, safeguard is also a gap closer when used with banners and a 30 cd rootbreak. Heroic leap is a 30 seconds cd gap closer assuming you glyph it which you should. Its pretty much the opposite of what you are saying; warriors are very difficult to stop and have high survivability which is why they have a low floor right now. Add insane caster lockdown and thats the warrior package. I don't believe they are stronger than mage or hunters personally, but warriors are just really good at every facet of the pvp game right now.

And monks are really not overpowered. They are really good at 1v1 and 2v2 but in 3v3 and rbgs they are pretty average, although thats mostly due to their high skill floor and cap.
    Ok, so running with storm bolt+shockwave puts us on par with other classes? How is that OP, or "a million" stuns. Exaggeration or not. Why should we have less stuns than other classes? Yes, I lost interest and ended up just putting all (or most) ccs of classes. Basically just threw in anything that prevents action, but if you want to compare all ccs i'm sure warriors are still only on par or lacking behind other classes. I wasn't including charge stun because it's being removed. Same for the 2 interrupts, since they're going to share a cooldown now. Yes, I agree we do have a lot of mobility, but isn't that the concept behind the warrior? And outside of this argument I personally believe that rp wise, the idea of a warrior being able to charge/move alot to stay on someone is correct. Also, it's either we have mass spell reflect or safeguard, so you do have to sacrifice either mobility or interrupt, it's not both of them as your post kinda led to believe. If you want to nerf our mobility then we better see a big increase in damage. Either i'm gonna be on you all the time with regular damage, or i'm gonna have low uptime but hit like a damn truck. Right now I feel like we have low damage compared to current hp/absorbs/heals. Unless you go bloodstorm then you can do good damage, but you lose all your stuns.

I know classes aren't balanced around 1v1, or even 2v2 (even tho it's the most played), but I still think monks are overpowered right now. They have just as much mobility, stuns, disarms, and even good self heals. I feel like they are moreso the "low skill floor" class than warriors, not saying that they don't have a high skill cap though. Honestly, give warriors a self heal that isn't only useable once we're near death and i'll be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trifande View Post
    OP is a bad warrior and needs to L2Play.
    Hate when that's the only comeback/explanation you all have. Was that post constructive at all? This is a discussion. It's like if I kept countering all your kills by blindingly saying it's because your class is broken and carried you, without even looking at anything else. Guess that's how these forums go. If you lose, you suck. If you win, you suck.

Every class has too much CC.

What Warriors have especially is too much damage. And charge is apparently never on CD ever.

I can't talk about high end arena but in casual PVP Warriors are in a very strong place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No offense, but you really shouldn't be surprised by the negative feedback you're getting here. Warriors are easily one of, if not the, strongest class in the game. Of course people aren't going to agree with you when you're suggesting they're somehow weak. Maybe they aren't the best in duels, but in group settings, which is what matters, they're ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    No offense, but you really shouldn't be surprised by the negative feedback you're getting here. Warriors are easily one of, if not the, strongest class in the game. Of course people aren't going to agree with you when you're suggesting they're somehow weak. Maybe they aren't the best in duels, but in group settings, which is what matters, they're ridiculous.
    Not surprised by it, knew it was coming. Just hoped some people would agree. Also was hoping for a little less flaming and more constructive posts. For example, my warrior only has an ilvl of 500 so that could be a good reason why I see it this way. Still, according to most of the posts outrageous claims, even if I DID suck I should be able to kill anyone and anything.

I honestly can't believe that I just read.

you're doing it wrong man, such a great class atm.

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinShmuck View Post
    First, have you actually ever played a warrior yourself?
    Also, the rootbreak no longer works (read more).
    And if you think monks are not overpowered then you are blind (or not very smart).
    Have to say I'm disappointed with warrior pvp and it's not due to a lack of skill, but you'll most likely assume that anyway lol.
    Rootbreak still works for safeguard, not intervene (read more). Warriors have the lowest skill floor; the only other class even close is hunter, you really can't argue with that. Seriously blatantly attacking someone on your 1st post here, not to be mean but you are either 12 or have some issues to work out.

Ok, so running with storm bolt+shockwave puts us on par with other classes? How is that OP, or "a million" stuns. Exaggeration or not. Why should we have less stuns than other classes? Yes, I lost interest and ended up just putting all (or most) ccs of classes. Basically just threw in anything that prevents action, but if you want to compare all ccs i'm sure warriors are still only on par or lacking behind other classes. I wasn't including charge stun because it's being removed. Same for the 2 interrupts, since they're going to share a cooldown now. Yes, I agree we do have a lot of mobility, but isn't that the concept behind the warrior? And outside of this argument I personally believe that rp wise, the idea of a warrior being able to charge/move alot to stay on someone is correct. Also, it's either we have mass spell reflect or safeguard, so you do have to sacrifice either mobility or interrupt, it's not both of them as your post kinda led to believe. If you want to nerf our mobility then we better see a big increase in damage. Either i'm gonna be on you all the time with regular damage, or i'm gonna have low uptime but hit like a damn truck. Right now I feel like we have low damage compared to current hp/absorbs/heals. Unless you go bloodstorm then you can do good damage, but you lose all your stuns.

I know classes aren't balanced around 1v1, or even 2v2 (even tho it's the most played), but I still think monks are overpowered right now. They have just as much mobility, stuns, disarms, and even good self heals. I feel like they are moreso the "low skill floor" class than warriors, not saying that they don't have a high skill cap though. Honestly, give warriors a self heal that isn't only useable once we're near death and i'll be fine.
    Charge stun isnt being removed. By 2 interrupts I implied disrupting shout not MSR. I understand the concept behind the warrior and I agree, I believe unrelenting assault WOTLK wars were the best model.

Warriors bring the whole package. Yes a rogue can stun/cc more, but a warrior has better damage, survivability, and uptime. Ferals and monks can have that mobility and damage but not even close to the survivability or control. Warriors have that high uptime and have high damage and high passive survivability. Warriors lack a self-heal above 35% thats true, but D stance, multiple D cds, caster lockdown, multiple ccs and a reflect, and defensive mobility (see leap to a pillar) and a healer, warriors are pretty hard to kill when played decently.

Monks have a high skill floor. Have you played one? I personally havent but my good friend has played both. He has told me many times how much more difficult monk is than war (hes a 2300 player). Their mobility requires more thought than charge/safeguard, they are leather with no passive DR so they can get blown up easily, and their rotation is apparently harder.

All my opinions are from an arena standpoint; if you are talking about 1v1 then yea, wars are actually one of the worst strangely enough.

The only thing I dislike about it is how boring it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Charge stun isnt being removed. By 2 interrupts I implied disrupting shout not MSR. I understand the concept behind the warrior and I agree, I believe unrelenting assault WOTLK wars were the best model.

Warriors bring the whole package. Yes a rogue can stun/cc more, but a warrior has better damage, survivability, and uptime. Ferals and monks can have that mobility and damage but not even close to the survivability or control. Warriors have that high uptime and have high damage and high passive survivability. Warriors lack a self-heal above 35% thats true, but D stance, multiple D cds, caster lockdown, multiple ccs and a reflect, and defensive mobility (see leap to a pillar) and a healer, warriors are pretty hard to kill when played decently.

Monks have a high skill floor. Have you played one? I personally havent but my good friend has played both. He has told me many times how much more difficult monk is than war (hes a 2300 player). Their mobility requires more thought than charge/safeguard, they are leather with no passive DR so they can get blown up easily, and their rotation is apparently harder.

All my opinions are from an arena standpoint; if you are talking about 1v1 then yea, wars are actually one of the worst strangely enough.
    Thought I had read that charge stun is being removed, and alot of people were complaining because it's like the iconic warrior ability. Actually just went back looking and found that it was just people getting bad information from data mining. Well good, because I disagree with removing that stun. And yes, I was talking about disrupting shout, I believe I also read it is going to share a cooldown with pummel now because they feel we have too many interrupts. Maybe i'm just in the wrong environments. I don't have full grievous yet, but I didn't think that would be such a gap in stats that I would suddenly become OP. And yes, some of the disappointment is coming from being the worst class to play on the timeless isle, because for some reason every single class can kill me without a struggle. Before the massive flood of "you just suck" (well actually that already came), if these outrageous claims some people make about warriors are true, then I should still be fine even if I did suck, since it's such a low skill floor apparently. But that's not the case, I am very experienced with the warrior and know how to use our toolkit. A good example is the other day in 2s. I was running holy pally and warr, they had lock and monk. The lock was severely undergeared and he dropped in about 10 seconds, leaving me at fully hp with a victory rush. Yet the monk (yes, he did have full grevious and I don't) was able to self heal and dps until I died. Even if I had the worst healer in the world, shouldn't I have been fine on my own, and even with terrible heals I could easily down him? Yet everytime I got him to 100k he would instantly pop to 300k. That continued to happen, even during bloodstorm, until he outlasted me. Just blew my mind, and mostly what caused this thread