Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    Thought I had read that charge stun is being removed, and alot of people were complaining because it's like the iconic warrior ability. Actually just went back looking and found that it was just people getting bad information from data mining. Well good, because I disagree with removing that stun. And yes, I was talking about disrupting shout, I believe I also read it is going to share a cooldown with pummel now because they feel we have too many interrupts. Maybe i'm just in the wrong environments. I don't have full grievous yet, but I didn't think that would be such a gap in stats that I would suddenly become OP. And yes, some of the disappointment is coming from being the worst class to play on the timeless isle, because for some reason every single class can kill me without a struggle. Before the massive flood of "you just suck" (well actually that already came), if these outrageous claims some people make about warriors are true, then I should still be fine even if I did suck, since it's such a low skill floor apparently. But that's not the case, I am very experienced with the warrior and know how to use our toolkit. A good example is the other day in 2s. I was running holy pally and warr, they had lock and monk. The lock was severely undergeared and he dropped in about 10 seconds, leaving me at fully hp with a victory rush. Yet the monk (yes, he did have full grevious and I don't) was able to self heal and dps until I died. Even if I had the worst healer in the world, shouldn't I have been fine on my own, and even with terrible heals I could easily down him? Yet everytime I got him to 100k he would instantly pop to 300k. That continued to happen, even during bloodstorm, until he outlasted me. Just blew my mind, and mostly what caused this thread
    I wont be the first to tell you gear is pretty much everything. The jump from tyrannical to grievous is one of the biggest ever. I know because my friends mage went from doing 45k ice lances when he dueled me to 80k when he geared up. Warriors are no exception.

    Monks are amazingly good at 1v1 and 2v2 like I said. There's someone who does only 1v2's as a monk and hes like 1800 in 2s I think. They have amazing self-sustainability and mobility. That doesn't translate so well in 3s though. One of the comps I play is mage/ele/hpally and our teams mage and ele kill monks pretty easily. All they really have is karma and against magic diffuse. After that they are squisher than rogues. Self-healing doesn't do much against 2 dps.

    Monks are actually a very good class, but they require a high level of skill to play effectively vs. say, a warrior or hunter. Thats why you don't see too many, that and they are a new class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Getting the phrase "PUSSY DESTROYER" tattoo'd on your face isn't a smart move for your career.

  2. #22
    Stood in the Fire Bombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    Not a troll. I only ever raided until recently, and I also just came back to the game after a year break. I still fully understand the mechanics of our class, and play it well. I guess I am just undergeared currently, and use to fighting full grievous in arenas, or full PvE in world PvP. I will admit I don't see much of a problem in arenas, i've even ran a dual warrior comp lately and it works well. But in Bgs or world pvp I tend to be overpowered by many classes. Regardless, my stance on monks still remains. I've yet to see a time where I haven't gone "wow wtf" at a monk
    warriors are OP.

    World PvP is unbalanced, PvE gear does not scale down.

  3. #23
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    I've played a warrior since the beginning of BC, so i'm quite familiar with the class. I've experienced times where we dominated, and times where we've been awful. Does anybody else feel like we are severely underpowered right now? I do both arenas and world PvP, and I have yet to find a time where I thought to myself "wow, my damage is great." Sure we have a lot of mobility, but it's almost always able to be rendered useless with the various kiting/cc moves of other classes. We also lack any self heals, besides second wind, which doesn't even start until we're low enough to be bursted down. I'm tired of hearing that warriors need to be nerfed, and disappointed to see that Blizzard is actually listening to that. Especially when monks are currently the most broken class i've ever seen.
    this is either troll bait or you got some serious L2play issues

  4. #24
    You're in the Warrior forums. Now that we're clear on that, the opinions seen are more than likely guys and gals with Warrior toons for their mains. I think it's safe to assume main-playing Warriors frequent this forum more than those folks who play other classes. Fair? Thought so. You can't come in here like Miley Cyrus' wrecking ball and expect smart, critical, and effective discussion. It honestly feels like we (those of us who PvP casually or more as warriors) are being trolled. Warriors have ups and downs as far as PvP goes, but 5.4 is definitely an up. All of MoP has been up, in my opinion. The changes to the talents, the addition of Stormbolt and the availability of Shockwave to DPS roles... I mean, you have to be kidding.

    If you want something to learn from for arenas, the forums isn't where it is. It may not work for everyone, but watching streams helped me a lot. I watched other, highly skilled, warriors do what they do best for a few hours, learned some of their macros, molded their playstyle to better fit mine, and my 3s team is well on its way to 2k. I'm just a casual PvP'er, but I can say with full certainty that Warriors are in a lovely, lovely place if played properly. 6.0 may change that, but for now, it's gravy train.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    I've played a warrior since the beginning of BC, so i'm quite familiar with the class. I've experienced times where we dominated, and times where we've been awful. Does anybody else feel like we are severely underpowered right now? I do both arenas and world PvP, and I have yet to find a time where I thought to myself "wow, my damage is great." Sure we have a lot of mobility, but it's almost always able to be rendered useless with the various kiting/cc moves of other classes. We also lack any self heals, besides second wind, which doesn't even start until we're low enough to be bursted down. I'm tired of hearing that warriors need to be nerfed, and disappointed to see that Blizzard is actually listening to that. Especially when monks are currently the most broken class i've ever seen.
    Am mid skilled guy (2.2k), and i have warr alt... idk about you man but warrs are crazy right now, even mages are droping like a flys hehe. Try practice more and watch some stream from high rated player.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome DrArtorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Natal, Brazil
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifande View Post
    OP is a bad warrior and needs to L2Play.

    Try googling or visiting any of the number of popular fansites for Warrior guides to (re)learn the basics of Warrior PvP. Even better, go duel / practice PvP to hone your skills.
    In a less constructive, but maybe more realistic note, please consider that maybe you have reached your skillcap and can't really play the current incarnation of the warrior class effectively. If all else fails: try another class or quit PvP?
    Arms has never been easier... Good old times when we needed to swap stances to use abilities.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Arms has never been easier... Good old times when we needed to swap stances to use abilities.
    Imo was easily handled by macros

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    You are clearly missing alot of things about the warrior toolkit. For one, warriors run 2 specs in general: bloodbath/bladestorm is the burst aoe spec that is rarely run outside of double dps 2s or triple dps 3s or rushdown comps. Most warriors run stun spec which includes shockwave and storm bolt. Both of these stuns are unavoidable (no parry/dodge) and are not dispellable. Storm bolt is ranged and shockwave is an aoe. They also have charge stun. Warriors have a CRAPTON of stuns, nearly on par with rogues. By the way, most of the things you listed are not stuns. Add the warrior stuns to 2 interrupts (one being aoe) and spell reflect and casters have no chance to cast with a decent warrior even near them.

    Warriors have a 12 second gap closer which is by far the shortest in the game, safeguard is also a gap closer when used with banners and a 30 cd rootbreak. Heroic leap is a 30 seconds cd gap closer assuming you glyph it which you should. Its pretty much the opposite of what you are saying; warriors are very difficult to stop and have high survivability which is why they have a low floor right now. Add insane caster lockdown and thats the warrior package. I don't believe they are stronger than mage or hunters personally, but warriors are just really good at every facet of the pvp game right now.

    And monks are really not overpowered. They are really good at 1v1 and 2v2 but in 3v3 and rbgs they are pretty average, although thats mostly due to their high skill floor and cap.
    People often forget that Blizzard:

    1) Balances around 3v3 Arena and PvE, while they often screw one of both, with PvE admittedly being the bigger deal, since it's a far bigger selling Point for WoW since like EVER.

    2) Going with the 3v3 thing, you're never alone. If you're telling me your 3v3 Team can't handle a decent Warrior in High Ranked 3v3, please go ahead and smash your head against a T-Rex if not.

    3) Or - If you really haven't gotten the Point until now.. stop doing 1v1/ 2v2 and 5v5 - RBG'
    s and BG's? Or again - Get a decent Comp running?!

    Overall I am more for it, that Blizzard only listens to actual Tournament Players when it comes to Balance in PvP. I can only tell those 3 things to EVERYONE doing PvP and complaining about a Warrior or any other "supposed-to-be-OP" Class at the given time AND take into Account that inevitably YOU MAY NOT BE Blizzards main interest at the moment. If a class is Op it's either NEEDED due to "Dragonslayers" like poor me 3 evenings every week.. or You and your Mates either aren't decent enough OR.. I don't know. There's so much you can do about them. They won't even be able to do jackshit to you in High Ranked Arena. They have a lot of CC, YES! But after CD's are off and if you put enough pressure on them during the fight, they won't be able to do shit. They'll go D-Stance and overpower you for NOTHING. No Rage, no Slams.

    People need to fucking learn how to play. I admit, I don't play Arena that much. Doesn't mean I can't tell you how it's done and what you're lacking. I'm not some dumb shit. I know how to play my Warrior and also know my enemy. While I don't play Arena that much, I do sometimes hop into 3v3 Games with some Guild Mates and we recently got to a 2.3k Rating. But that clearly isn't because I, single handedly, are a Warrior and thus automaticly the God of the Arena and baseline gifted by the Gods of Overpoweredness. It's because we know how each one of us plays and we can foresee what the enemy comps could try against our Comp's CC Chains and Burst spikes and react to it. We don't PvP much, yes. But our experience with the Classes in WoW gives us all we need to actually play decently. The only Problem with balancing are the players complaining for the most part. I won't give feedback and rarely even answer to all this "Class X is OP" shit. But at some point it gets infuriating how much Bull Shit one can shout out into the World. Just don't be dumb, grab you mates and watch some of the High Class Tournaments. Understand their Play, understand their Bonds and what makes them Unique and renders them skilled. YOU CAN understand PvP as easy as PvE and you will come to the conclusion, that Warriors, by no means are as OP in the Higher Ratings as people believe them to be. THEY ARE tough to deal with. I'll give you that. But PvP is called Player vs Player for a reason. The Difficulty comes from the Level you and or your Team can achieve - And of course the same goes for your Enemy Team. In most cases I find those complaining just run at like 1.8k Rating with a shitty comp. Or just being randomly put together Teams of 3 Strangers /2ing for Team Mates...

    Edit: I got kinda carried away while trying to not make this sound more offensive than it NEEDS to be. Don't consider it an offensive Action focused on you, Banana, it's actually against every Hardcore-Whiner out there when it comes to this Class-X is Op thing.
    Last edited by NoNamedPride; 2014-02-18 at 02:37 AM.

  9. #29
    Warriors have been OP at the end of every expansion since arena started, not sure why it would change now.

  10. #30
    most useful topic on mmo-c, idd buff warriors so we can see a new triple warrior comp that can't lose to anything except triple warrior!

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Imo was easily handled by macros
    thats because we depend on macros to be even acceptable...
    paladins on the other hand...
    i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB - Corsair H100
    CM Storm Scout 2
    - GeForce GTS 450 (my next upgrade )

  12. #32
    As someone who is always at least 1 season behind on gear because i find random bgs incredibly boring and it's impossible to find an arena partner, i love the warrior class but get extremely frustrated because I can't kill anyone since they're so item dependent. Warriors have a great toolkit, but yeah... If you are behind on gear you're going to have a bad time.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    TL:WP
    Ehh, honestly I find it tough to believe some of the things you claim. First of all, you dont just "hop into 3v3 with some guildmates" and get 2300. 2300 Last season was gladiator, putting you in the top .5% of all players. If you and some random guildmates can do that on a whim then you need to go play in tournaments and win money because you may be one of the best wow players out there (hence my disbelief).

    Either way, you say warriors are easy to stop by a good team in 3v3. Of course, if the warrior has no teammates either. Take KFC; a hunter has insane amounts of ranged instant cc that he will be dropping on multiple people, and doing incredible damage at range and in general needs to be stopped or he will wreck your team. Warriors have fearbreaks, mobility, lockdown, rootbreaks, and many many more tools than most melee do to avoid being shut down. Warriors mostly run with hunters and mages, 2 classes that are WAY more of a problem to leave alone and are also difficult to lock down. A team cannot easily shut down a warrior unless they are outplaying the entire other team. Oh, and run glyph of bull rush; you won't have many issues with rage in D stance again.

    Honestly I don't even want to talk about warriors much, I more wanted to address your rant against "X class is OP" rants. Warriors are fairly OP, but by most people's standards because they are so easy to play. You can get pretty far with little more skill than a focus storm bolt macro and knowing your rotation as a warrior with decent teammates. None warrior teams are a lot more difficult to play and get far with. That being said, I don't believe they are the most OP at decent/high ratings like people claim, my order of OPness is: Hunter -> Mage/Rogue -> warrior. Hunters blow my mind, seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Getting the phrase "PUSSY DESTROYER" tattoo'd on your face isn't a smart move for your career.

  14. #34
    This thread has been over for awhile, thanks to Hand Banana actually discussing it rather than leaving a one-sentence insult. After finding time to play, and actually getting full grievous, I can say that things are alot brighter right now. I guess I just didn't realize how gear dependent warriors are. Regardless of everything else, I still am disappointed in the class as a whole. I don't think Blizzard has done a good job RP wise in representing a warrior. For one, I never see a benefit in having plate armor anymore. It's practically non-existent since most classes are ranged. I also don't understand why there are warlocks, mages, etc with more health than warriors. My ideal warrior would be decent damage (less than everybody else, but enough to be viable) but insanely high health/armor, including armor that is spell-resistant. I know that a "tank" is a separate talent spec for warriors, but I feel like the class in general should always be a tank in a sense. I actually don't want self-heals (including second wind). Warriors should just have enough health/armor to make up for no heals. Also more in favor of also hitting like a truck but having low mobility.

  15. #35
    [QUOTE\]

    -Hunter: Ice trap, Wyvern Sting, Scatter Shot
    -Warlock: Shadowfury, Seduction, Fear and Mortal Coil (if you want to count them as stuns)
    -Rogue: Cheap Shot, Blind, Gouge, Kidney Shot
    -Monk: Fist of Fury, Quaking Palm, Leg Sweep (aoe),
    -Druid: Cyclone, Maim, Mighty Bash, Pounce
    -Paladin: Hammer of Justice, Repentance
    -Deathknight: Asphyxiate, Remorseless Winter
    -Shaman: Capacitor Totem (aoe stun)
    -Priest: Psychic Scream (w/ glyph)
    -Mage: Impact, Deep Freeze
    [/QUOTE]

    And your complaining about Warrior CC and gap closers when Shamans have what? Mere ghost wolf which got nerfed and a AoE totem? That is killable and easily avoided.

  16. #36
    Have played a warrior in BC and this is one of the best seasons to play a warrior. Great damage and able to really keep the pressure on.

    The only drawback is that playing a warrior is pretty mindless compared to a rogue. After playing a warrior for years then rolling a rogue, WOW, I give good rogues alot of props.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •