Poll: Playable Harpies?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

RE: New Alliance should be harpies.

The problem is that harpies don't seem to be very eloquent creatures, or at least unintelligible to the human ear...

Allow me to illustrate my point. Go here, click "Play", "Attack", and "Death".
    Several Harpy NPCs in WoW can communicate with the player, like the the Witchwing Harpies when they are aggroed and the quest in Mount Hyjal where you have to interrogate Marion Wormwing.

Also, the Raging Worgen Hearthstone card doesn't have any quotes that are "intelligible to the human ear".
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2014-02-13 at 12:55 PM.

Yeah that's nice, are you trying to make a point of some kind?

This is a great example of why Blizzard should never listen to the (stupid) ideas of its customers.

Harpies have no males, they just either mate with male birds or rape the men of Azeroth to produce their offspring (canonical references debated). I don't think that's a good candidate for a playable race. Also consider they're extremely hostile and territorial, and barely have a real society or culture.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Won't happen.
    First: Can you give me one reason why a harpy can't fly and cast spells at the same time? After all; they do that all the time.
    Second: Harpies don't have a civilization. At all. Sure; they can speak, but they're not even in the Stone Age.
    Third: Why Alliance? After all, Alliance is pretty much the Bastion of Civilization on Azeroth.

Plus there are Hearthstone Orcs that yell like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the Harpies go crazy because Aviana died, and wasn't Aviana resurrected in Cataclysm?

Let's put pandas in the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Won't happen.
    First: Can you give me one reason why a harpy can't fly and cast spells at the same time? After all; they do that all the time.
    Second: Harpies don't have a civilization. At all. Sure; they can speak, but they're not even in the Stone Age.
    Third: Why Alliance? After all, Alliance is pretty much the Bastion of Civilization on Azeroth.
    First: I see NPCs that attack from Horseback all the time too.
    Second: Goblins and Worgen just hang out in other races' capitals because they have no real homes anymore.
    Third: I guess they don't have to be Alliance, but they are related to Night Elves.

We dont Need more ugly races in the alliance we already got humans for that matter.

Right on, this just once again shows that Blizzard is constantly LYING to their customers and are just full of LAME EXCUSES and are LAZY and GREEDY and ony care about MONEY. Since they merged with Activision, that is. Before that, they cared about artistic integrity, and about making the world a little bit of a better place for each and every one of us sweet little smurfs with our Asperger.

I'd say NO and NO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just.. going to make the point that.. harpies.. sorta mate by force.. and then kill of their mate, right? Pretty sure wouldn't go into the alliance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Just.. going to make the point that.. harpies.. sorta mate by force.. and then kill of their mate, right? Pretty sure wouldn't go into the alliance.
    Cannibalism is okay though.

Okay, I know you guys disagree with the idea of them being playable, I was just saying there are better reasons than "The problem is that harpies don't seem to be very eloquent creatures, or at least unintelligible to the human ear..."

They should add a naga harpy crossbreed, flying sexually assaulting mermaids.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    First: I see NPCs that attack from Horseback all the time too.
    Second: Goblins and Worgen just hang out in other races' capitals because they have no real homes anymore.
    Third: I guess they don't have to be Alliance, but they are related to Night Elves.
    First: That's nice, but harpies can't not fly. That means they MUST attack while flying. And that makes any limitations considering flight and combat rather silly.
    Second: I didn't say they don't have homes. I said they don't have civilization. There's a rather huge difference; there are many peoples on earth that don't have homes, but do have civilizations. The Harpies don't even have stone tools.
    Third: So are high elves, jungle trolls, frost trolls, mountain trolls, blood elves, naga and satyr.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Right on, this just once again shows that Blizzard is constantly LYING to their customers and are just full of LAME EXCUSES and are LAZY and GREEDY and ony care about MONEY. Since they merged with Activision, that is. Before that, they cared about artistic integrity, and about making the world a little bit of a better place for each and every one of us sweet little smurfs with our Asperger.
    What the hell are you on about..?

I can see that they could be a new race, that they should is another question entirely.
    All your post shows is that it's not impossible, not that it is a good idea.

i think Dark Iron dwarfs are a more likely candidate

Deleted
    Harpies rape men to mate, mostly orcs and humans, I don't think aany king would consider letting that into the alliance tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    i think Dark Iron dwarfs are a more likely candidate
    Definitely especially with their Queen sitting in iron forge

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I don't think that's a good candidate for a playable race. Also consider they're extremely hostile and territorial, and barely have a real society or culture.
    We talkin' 'bout orcs or harpies?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015