Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    because "fuck you! you'd do it too"

    thats my mindset.
    if its red its dead

  2. #222
    Epic! chaosjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Old Tristam
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    For me, it's just part of the war. No matter their level, if I see a player of the opposite faction, I'll kill them, because they're my enemy. It's got nothing to do with trolling, or being unskilled, or whatever other lame excuse they'll come up with. It's just a big part of the game for me, killing the opposite faction's players. There's also the fact that it's a great way to get big battles started, when they bring their friends or mains. Besides, I got killed a lot leveling, so it's only fair I get to have my revenge. All's fair in war.
    question is.

    Are you the ganker that flee's when other 90's are nearby or do you take up the fight.

    I play on a pvp server to pvp from time to time. and i usually get ganked often. don't really mind much unless they corpse camp me for more than 10min. when i relog to my main they flee as soon i try to engage fight.

    Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Scrub Openraid Raid Leader| Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It is PvP, stop trying to cloud the issue.
    If you're standing around 1shotting lowbies as a 90 its not PvP, its become griefing which is something completely else.

    It would take a person with a brain to come to that conclusion though.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    How so? You rolling a Rogue and playing with him at level 20 or so, does not make Rogues lose their status as the least played class in the game.
    Lvl 90*
    I mentioned that people shouldn't make stupid assumptions without any reason in my post, you might want to read again.
    I was also referring to your line "Nobody ganks with a Rogue these days b/c next to nobody -except old schoolers- play a Rogue." I am not an oldschool player, therefore you are wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    If you're standing around 1shotting lowbies as a 90 its not PvP, its become griefing which is something completely else.

    It would take a person with a brain to come to that conclusion though.
    You are fighting against another player, therefore it's PvP. No, it doesn't matter that you can 1shot the other guy without him ever seeing you, it's still combat interaction between 2 players.
    Besides blizzard's stance on ingame issues is "if the game allows you to do it without modding/hacking/cheating it's allowed".

    It would take a person with a brain to come to that conclusion though.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainistal View Post
    Obviously their tears and I like to imagine the person infront of the computer raging and swearing, it makes me feel happy
    This...is basically my reason for killing anyone in any game.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    No, it doesn't matter that you can 1shot the other guy without him ever seeing you, it's still combat interaction between 2 players.
    At which point did the one getting oneshot out of the blue interact with the ganker?

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    The question is why do you not like being ganked? It's all part of the fun!

    If you get angry or pissed off being ganked you're doing it all wrong.
    The same reason I don't like wiping in raids?

    And at least in wiping, it rarely has the opportunity to happen often enough to be suck as a ghost while you're waiting for a timer to finish so you can start playing the game again

  8. #228
    Because I'm bored.

  9. #229
    High Overlord sharam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    tempe, az
    Posts
    147
    Most people who gank lowbies are usually bads who cant make it in a pvp enviroment i.e arenas and rbgs, so they need to gank someone who cant fight back so they can feel like they are good at pvp, except that ganking lowbies who cant fight back isnt pvp.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    If you have full 570s and you splatter a newly dinged 90, well so be it. At least said 90 could hurt you, even kill you if you go AFK. A level 20 can't hurt you no matter what he or she does, even if you are AFK and, further, you bloody well know that before the you attack them whereas the 90 could be in transmogged 570s so you are at least taking some risk by attacking them. Additionally the 90 will usually be somewhere where other 90s are so you risk retaliation, whereas the 20 will be somewhere only other helpless lowbies are likely to be.
    full 570 will roflstomp a fresh dinger as badly as it would be a lowbie. you basically have 0 zero chances unless the guy dc's or is actually afk. damn, a skilled person with good gear can take on 3+ lvl 90s at once depending on how much they suck.

    low level heirloom vs. questing gear is the same - takes literally 2-3 seconds to nuke the guy (done it on my hunter not long ago). how is that any more pvp then ganking lowbies?

    lowbie ganking is pvp, lowest form of pvp but still pvp.

  11. #231
    Field Marshal Romantic Novelist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    a bed of roses
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    If you're standing around 1shotting lowbies as a 90 its not PvP, its become griefing which is something completely else.
    I will /violin your corpse before you release and then screen shot your obscenities when you make a level one before reporting your harassing whisper to Blizzard and my day will be complete.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    At which point did the one getting oneshot out of the blue interact with the ganker?
    Interaction had to occur otherwise he wouldn't have died.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Lvl 90*
    I mentioned that people shouldn't make stupid assumptions without any reason in my post, you might want to read again.
    I was also referring to your line "Nobody ganks with a Rogue these days b/c next to nobody -except old schoolers- play a Rogue." I am not an oldschool player, therefore you are wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You are fighting against another player, therefore it's PvP. No, it doesn't matter that you can 1shot the other guy without him ever seeing you, it's still combat interaction between 2 players.
    Besides blizzard's stance on ingame issues is "if the game allows you to do it without modding/hacking/cheating it's allowed".

    It would take a person with a brain to come to that conclusion though.
    No its not PvP if its a 90 against a lvl 20, I accept that you're stupid but thats just wrong sorry.

    I see a lot of immature people in this thread "defending" being a obnoxious douchebag and 1shotting lowbies, sad part of the community.

  14. #234
    High Overlord sharam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    tempe, az
    Posts
    147
    I seriously hope someone cames and trys to gank me while i am on my main i will roflstomp your shit in bad. But ganking lowbies isnt pvp regardless of what anyone says.

  15. #235
    There is no charm. It's an exercise in how to be extremely inefficient and waste time.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    At which point did the one getting oneshot out of the blue interact with the ganker?
    Dying to him.
    I never said it was wanted/voluntary interaction, but there are 2 players acting and reaction to the situation, therefore interaction.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    No its not PvP if its a 90 against a lvl 20, I accept that you're stupid but thats just wrong sorry.
    Then why do you have to be PvP flagged for it to happen?

  17. #237
    If you are playing on a PvE realm and happen to have PvP enabled, then i'm sorry but i will be coming after you no matter what as it's YOUR fault for having it on. As for people that hate it on a PvP realm, you knew it would happen once you hit the PvP realm.
    Last edited by Ethaine321; 2014-02-15 at 10:23 PM.

  18. #238
    Its the equivalent of picking on little kids way younger than you (lvl= age in wow)
    Whats the charm of picking on children -_-

    I will create one Guild called The "Player Killer Campers" and all we'll do is camp players who kill low levels until they alt + F4 World of Warcraft.
    Vanquishing all the evil in the world...of warcraft

  19. #239
    I rarely kill lowbies. Sometimes I'll mess with them with a fear or mind control, but mostly I'll just /wave and be on my way. That's assuming I leave a major city for more then five minutes, which doesn't happen all that much.

    Knowing that I made someone just a tiny bit happier by not wasting their time is more rewarding than "feeding on their tears," but than again, I'm not a sociopath.
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2014-02-15 at 10:52 PM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aymee/advanced

    Game developers hate healers. We prevent their bosses from killing the players.

    "MMOC forums let me keep my job again. Whew." -Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street

  20. #240
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,598
    Well this thread multiplied overnight. Im going to repeat what I probably said at the start, whilst I dont think ganking lowbies offers any enjoyment, why are you people comparing gankers to some kind of sub human scum? Its a bloody video game where you kill each other and dragons and shit.

    Someone killed your lowbie? "WELL DAMN they must be 5'1 fatties that got bullied their whole life", what the actual f-. Calm it folks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •