Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's just another form of trolling. Some people find it to be hilarious and enjoy baiting out higher level chars that they proceed to decimate.

I am not one of those people mind you, I just know they exist from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    You guys realize that the opposite faction isn't really comprised of dwarfs and night elves, right? That they're people like you, playing the game and trying to enjoy it. You killing off a level 20 Alliance druid isn't actually hindering their war efforts in the game. Because it's a game. It's not really happening. I just want to make sure you guys actually know this and aren't getting confused, because I see an awful lot of the "they're the opposite faction, we need to kill them for Garrosh!" mentality around these parts and it's...well, it's getting a little weird.

That said, the only reason to gank lowbies is literally to be a dickhead and nothing more. One of two things is happening: Either you're keeping someone from leveling yet another alt through that tedious fucking grind to 90, or you're introducing a new player to WoW in the most aggressive way possible, like Mike Tyson teaching you how to get to second base. It takes a real cocksucker to attempt to turn new players away from a game that you love and want to be successful, and even more so if it's someone trying to level an alt because that's already punishment enough. If you want to prove you're a PVP hero, go queue up without a premade and win some BGS for your side by yourself. Otherwise, you're not PVPing. You're just being a dick. Congrats.
    Allot of people get really into the game, so killing them because they are the opposite faction is a real reason. I do this all the time. I don't care if you are level 9 or 90, if you're an Alliance and I see you....you're dead. That's part of what makes the game fun to me; knowing that two factions are at war and I can kill another person.

Don't try and tell people that this reason isn't valid. We all play the game for our own reasons and this reason is part of why we have pvp servers.

i do it but i do it once then leave. i dont know why i do it just one shot leave.

I do it for the tears, but i don't kill it right away, i keep playing with them with fear and making then pvp with my pet (lvl 85+) it's fun.

When i was lowbie, when i was new to the game and didn't even knew how to quest, and was mob grinding on ungoro crater, I was ganked so much i almost stoped playing, now I'm only but returning the favor to my ally conrades

I feel as though everyone should preface their Server choice before commenting. It would be interesting to see if the people who think gankers are literally hitler all play PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I feel as though everyone should preface their Server choice before commenting. It would be interesting to see if the people who think gankers are literally hitler all play PVE.
    PvP - US Kil'jaeden

Prey on the weak is literally my answer.

I don't mind being ganked, hell even camped, what pisses me off, is when I log off to my main they leave right away. It's like they know I'm bringing the pain. Pansy's.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I don't mind being ganked, hell even camped, what pisses me off, is when I log off to my main they leave right away. It's like they know I'm bringing the pain. Pansy's.
    Just once I would love to log into my main and find out Blizz didn't just jam me into a completely separate CRZ where I can't even find the little jerk.

The charm is seeing threads like this show up on the forums or sometimes having them login their alt to come IM you about how big of a scumbag you are and how they're going to murder my mother...

Because I can, however if they're like /hug or /scared, I'd leave them
    Also when I'm leveling I'd always leave my main logged out in the are I'm leveling in if it's suspicious (I.e. Hellfire) so I can get my revenge if they kill my alt.

It's fun, this is how it should be, however! camping is something else.

What can I say, I love Female Gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    People don't come back because the game is homogenized with no meaningful progression. Everyone is a winner, all your actions are irrelevant.

I'm not trolling or bitching, I am genuinely intrigued why people make threads like these. If you're on a pvp server, expect to be killed whilst leveling up, why? Because it's part of the game. It's fun for other people to overkill little lowbies. We don't care about your feels. If anything, you're on a pvp server, they want to make leveling up harder for you so you can't hit 90 and face them in bg's. Just get over it it happens! So much QQ.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafua View Post
    I'm not trolling or bitching, I am genuinely intrigued why people make threads like these. If you're on a pvp server, expect to be killed whilst leveling up, why? Because it's part of the game. It's fun for other people to overkill little lowbies. We don't care about your feels. If anything, you're on a pvp server, they want to make leveling up harder for you so you can't hit 90 and face them in bg's. Just get over it it happens! So much QQ.
    I agree that PvP happens on a PvP server. I think the OP is trying to establish if people genuinely think that ganking lowbies is high quality world PvP.

To crush their hopes and dreams. I don't camp though. A long time ago in TBC I was harassing Goldshire and killing the other 70s who came after me, after a short while I had somewhere around 20 level 1-20s swarming me. At first I was apprehensive about being mean and killing them all in one go, it was a new realm with lots of new players and they likely had very little idea what they were doing. But I killed them anyway, good times.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

Personally, I don't gank lowbies most of the time unless it's either in retaliation for something or to prevent said lowbie from ganking someone else. If you're on your level 40 alt and gank my level 25 alt, I'm going to get on my level 90 and stomp your ass. If I'm flying around on my level 90 and happen to see you ganking a level 25 Alliance player from your level 40 Horde player, I am going to drop down and stomp your ass. If one of my guildies says something in guild chat about being ganked and asks for help, I will be on my way out there.

In other words, I don't gank lowbies unless I have a reason. I almost never do it just for shits and giggles and will usually leave random lowbies alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

The only time I've ever done this is when:

Out in the world, I see a low level toon, obviously flagged for PVP INTENTIONALLY (i.e. not just out of a BG or something, the flag is on past 5 mins) on a non-PVP realm. I'll smack them just for the heck of it. Multiple times if necessary (and yes I'll wait out the pvp flag) if I'm bored.

Did this once (seriously, this situation has only happened maybe 3 times max) to a Druid in Redridge Mts. Killed him about 5x, then he got on his maxed 90 DK and chased me around (I was on my 90 DK, in frost spec, so had max flying speed) so I just disappeared... I killed the druid again a time or two just for giggles then left. Seriously, why do you quest with PVP flag ON on a non-PVP realm?

OK that's my 2 cents... and a bit more.
    Last edited by g01851; 2014-02-13 at 06:04 PM.

Because it's funny to make someone so mad at a video game that they get onto a forum and bitch about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Because it's funny to make someone so mad at a video game that they get onto a forum and bitch about it.
    This too hahaha, too much butthurt

I have a dedicated Hellfire Peninsula ganking character.

Its a 90 Pandaren Alliance Rogue on Tichondrius.

Tich is the most populated US server, mostly horde dominated, and comprised mostly of PVP players.

I have Bouncy and Slowfall which make it so I take little to no damage from fall damage, meaning I can fly up to those level 60+ with flying mounts, dismount and shuriken toss them, then fall to the ground and not die.

I have Mods and macros to maximize my efficiency with ganking people.

Usually I fly around until my mod spots a lowbie and tells me, then I proceed to camp them as long as possible.

Just this week I killed a monk 25 times over the course of a couple hours. Its wonderful really!

Its not like i wasn't ganked million times during leveling. Gotta pay the debt back and spread the "love"

This went through a serious inflation when they removed hunters control beast ability. It was too fucking fun to stalk around forests and use my pet to maul some lowlvl to death..

I had lengthy discussions about this with our GL who didn't understand why, not that she never tried to stop me killing lowbies. IMO its part of the PvP and war, only good enemy is dead enemy.
    It was a beautiful summer day, and Virtanen and Lahtinen were in a little rowboat in the middle of a lake, fishing. Two hours passed, both men sitting quietly, and then Lahtinen said "Nice weather today." Virtanen grunted and stared intently at his fishing rod. Two more hours passed. Lahtinen said, "Gee, the fish aren't biting today." Virtanen shot back: "That's because you talk too much."