Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post

I made a rogue a few weeks back and been playing him ever since, so you're already wrong by default.
    How so? You rolling a Rogue and playing with him at level 20 or so, does not make Rogues lose their status as the least played class in the game.

Dunno. My mains are on an RP server, but as the PvPers talked up a storm about us being "care bears" and such, particularly claiming that us RPers were bads I decided to make an Alliance character on a Horde dominated PvP server and see if they were actually all that.

Short answer, not remotely. If they were less than 5 levels above me they never managed to beat me unless they outnumbered me. I distinctly recall an Alliance lowbie (about 20th) complaining about a higher Horde Shaman who was killing him repeatedly and trying to get help against him, so I headed over there on my 23rd Shaman. While trying to reach the Alliance the Horde 27 Shaman and I encounter each other, both of us are Enhancement. In short order I dispatch the Horde Shaman who never adjusted his tactics to adjust for the fact that I wasn't trying to escape, I was trying to kill him and so, while he Frost Shocked and Earthbind Totemed, I stood my ground and killed him. Then I confirmed the Shaman's ID as being the pest. He did not try for a rematch. There was a female Blood Elf Rogue who was at cap who ganked me a fair bit, but that isn't a demonstration of skill and not what I was there to test. I reached level 51 before I concluded the elitist talk by PvPers was just bullshit and hot air by people who think ganking lowbies = skill. Certainly in anything resembling a fair fight they were never as skilled as I was.

Because you cant gank anyone else, all the max level characters are standing in the city in queue for some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    If you want to be taken seriously on a forum here's 2 tips:
    1. Don't change another persons post to support your own arguments.
    2. Don't make baseless assumptions without any evidence.
    Well, not sure why you are so upset. All I did was gank your post. I mean, this is a discussion about WARcraft, isn't it?

On Topic: I've been on a PvE realm for ages, and only just recently retired to an RP realm. I've made my statement about PvP and those who choose to do it to a vicious end. I've really nothing more to say on the matter. Ganking is little more than cowardice. You want "World PvP", go to Halfhill market and start some static. I'm sure people who can actually fight back will be happy to oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Personally, I don't gank lowbies most of the time unless it's either in retaliation for something or to prevent said lowbie from ganking someone else. If you're on your level 40 alt and gank my level 25 alt, I'm going to get on my level 90 and stomp your ass. If I'm flying around on my level 90 and happen to see you ganking a level 25 Alliance player from your level 40 Horde player, I am going to drop down and stomp your ass. If one of my guildies says something in guild chat about being ganked and asks for help, I will be on my way out there.

In other words, I don't gank lowbies unless I have a reason. I almost never do it just for shits and giggles and will usually leave random lowbies alone.
    I do this too. If the two characters who are bth sub-90 are within honor points gain level of each other I do not interfere, however. More than once I've had another horde player bitch me out in /w because I didn't help them in a Pandaria zone when an alliance was attacking them. Sorry, son, you on your 89 just got your ass handed to you by an 86, that's your own damn fault.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Oh, yes, I have to endorse the comment by Superman that PvPers are, by a significant margin, more childish, regardless of their actual age, than the players on my RP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Personally, I don't gank lowbies most of the time unless it's either in retaliation for something or to prevent said lowbie from ganking someone else. If you're on your level 40 alt and gank my level 25 alt, I'm going to get on my level 90 and stomp your ass. If I'm flying around on my level 90 and happen to see you ganking a level 25 Alliance player from your level 40 Horde player, I am going to drop down and stomp your ass. If one of my guildies says something in guild chat about being ganked and asks for help, I will be on my way out there.

In other words, I don't gank lowbies unless I have a reason. I almost never do it just for shits and giggles and will usually leave random lowbies alone.
    I do this too as well.

Because they do in-game what they cannot do in real life, inflict misery upon others, picking unfair fights with no consequences.
    People use the excuse of a "war" to justify what is simply cowardly behaviour.
    There is no "versus" aspect, so really describing it as any sort of PvP is an an outright lie.
    If you want PvP, then try to at least pick a fair fight if you want to have any credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Kill the children before they grow into men capable of killing you I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I don't think you play modern-day WoW, do you?

I play a Rogue and I have been playing a Rogue since December 2005. The thing is, nobody else does. Rogues are the least played class in the game. I levelled a toon about a month ago. 90 levels in a PvP server and I didn't see a single Rogue.

Nobody ganks with a Rogue these days b/c next to nobody -except old schoolers- play a Rogue.

So, you are daydreaming.
    Rogues are one of the least played classes THEREFORE No one ganks on a rogue. (That is your argument)

You are daydreaming sir.

Deleted
    Gotta love when you kill a low lvl and they relog their main to kill you and you also kill their main, profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Because power is intoxicating.

Dunno, last time I ganked was early MoP and I ran around using that explosive barrel trinket at lowbies for shits n giggles.
    Never understood those who can gank for hours on end, but hey, it's permitted.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    No, you love it because they cant fight back. Why don't you gank/camp some one of your level
    Who said I don't? Ganking lowbies does not exclude me from ganking my level range. It's all red. It's all dead.
    You are like those kids with a magnifying glass killing ants.
    I always did find that entertaining.
    Maybe because you don't have the skillz to kill someone of your level ;p hihi
    And again why I do it. You know nothing about me except the fact that I gank lowbies, so you automatically resort to insults. Ganking is sometimes akin to trolling, and you're enabling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    Sorry, in my mind i was thinking "Camping" not just "killing" a lowbie.
    If i kill a lowbie is just like...one time just for the sake of the "pvp server" mentality.
    But gives me absolutely no pride and i stop immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You are like those kids with a magnifying glass killing ants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    I always did find that entertaining.
    I knew it, you like to prey the weak, damm you xD
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-02-13 at 08:23 PM.

To keep whatever small sense of immersion that is left in this game intact.

I am Horde, You see an Alliance and you kill them. That's the game, that's the story. That's about the only immersion left in WoW and people will cling to it forever, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    To keep whatever small sense of immersion that is left in this game intact.

I am Horde, You see an Alliance and you kill them. That's the game, that's the story. That's about the only immersion left in WoW and people will cling to it forever, hopefully.
    I'm an American and when I see an Iranian I kill them.....

Oh wait, no I don't. That isn't how it works.

90's one shotting unsuspecting lowbies? Part of the game.

90's killing unsuspecting other 90's via the COA? Terrorism, totally unfair, bliz plz fix.

What a hilarious, backwards community this is.

I played on a PvP realm from Vanilla til the start of Cata, at which point with them having more and more of the funneled daily area's like Tol Barad I just the heck with it ( mainly because our server had slid to 80% Horde and as Alliance it was nearly impossible to get anything done).

Really gankers have always broken down into a couple of categories, the ones that kill someone and move on, the ones that camp a spot for days on end because they suck and its the only players they can kill, those that go to a known location to get people involved in PvP and those that have something just slightly wrong with them and enjoy making someone else miserable.

The first and third type type most people don't take issue with, its part of the game and frankly can lead to some fun for both sides. The second and fourth type are generally the ones doing most of the camping you see out in the world, and frankly even most of the those are just people that suck and are frustrated.

I've swooped down and killed a lowbie myself over the years, like I said its part of the game, you shrug it off and keep going. I will admit that I miss the crappy gankers that sit around Redridge or Duskwood all day because they can't kill anything else. I used to spend my mornings on my Rogue roaming around killing these people time after time, sometimes I would bring a lowbie friend out to set them up, they always took the bait they just couldn't stop themselves. Not sure why though but it doesn't matter how many times you kill them they can't stop, its like a sad heroine addict. Usually though I would get bored of it long before they did, even as max level character I can only kill them so many times before I start feeling bad for them.

Just from my past experience, 80% are the people that stink and can't kill anything else, 10% are just trying to drum up PvP and the other 10% are basically just trolls.

Deleted
    It makes me feel mighty and powerful

Let me counter question.

what is the charm of flying circles around shrine until a raid forms?