Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I gank lowbies because I was ganked all the time when I was leveling, so in a way, it's just returning the favor to the opposite faction. I don't hunt them down though, I only kill them if I run across them.
    Last edited by muto; 2014-02-13 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even when I was on a pvp realm, I never saw the appeal of ganking a lowbie. I always played by the "pick on somebody your own size" rule.

The way I see it, a max-level character ganking lowbies instead of doing max-level pvp is equivalent to a boxer beating up kids at a local playground instead of training at a local gym.

Obviously their tears and I like to imagine the person infront of the computer raging and swearing, it makes me feel happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainistal View Post
    Obviously their tears and I like to imagine the person infront of the computer raging and swearing, it makes me feel happy
    ^ Primary example of why I left my PvP server 6 years ago and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    When I did it when I was on a pvp server still I did it mainly to spark world pvp.
    Ganking lowbies is a great way to piss them off and get them to log their main and bring friends.
    This, or get rage whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    ^ Primary example of why I left my PvP server 6 years ago and never looked back.
    That must suck, not being able to steal rare elites like Warscouts or Warbringers, those blue satchels are nice.

This pretty much sums up my take on the matter. Red is dead, but grey is just sad.
    My opinion is the exact opposite.
    If you are gankable, you're getting ganked.
    If you're too scared, go play on a PvE realm with all the other babby's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Well I just get the sadist feeling after I'm trying to level my toon and I get ganked 3-4 times, and then I whip TEH MAINZ, and I gank them till they log, because i can (High Ilvl Main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    My opinion is the exact opposite.
    If you are gankable, you're getting ganked.
    If you're tired of being ganked by children, go play on a PvE realm with all the adults.
    Fixed that for you. I left the PvP world years ago and would not go back to that cesspool even if Blizz offered me every mount in the game (including the discontinued). PvP is for two kinds of people: Those who hate the humdrum life of PvE, and sociopaths who enjoy hurting others and laughing about it. Not sure which one you are, but judging from your response, I could take a wild stab

Deleted
    None
    Just people with low self esteem trying to boost their ego. Probably kids without any kind of Honor....who am I kidding grown ups are worse than kids. Probably no life grownups angry with the world -_-)

I absolutely love world Pvp. Is my favorite kind of Pvp just due to the fact of being so dynamic and "realistic". Even I follow a code of honor...
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-02-13 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Just people with low self esteem trying to boost their ego. Probably kids without any kind of Honor....who am I kidding grown ups are worse than kids. Probably no life grownups angry with the world -_-)
    These kinds of responses are why I do it. It's amazing how upset people will get over their world of warcraft characters.

If you don't indulge us, we'll get bored and go away. However, far too many players decide trash talking and hate mail are the appropriate response. It's exactly what we're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    These kinds of responses are why I do it. It's amazing how upset people will get over their world of warcraft characters.

If you don't indulge us, we'll get bored and go away. However, far too many players decide trash talking and hate mail are the appropriate response. It's exactly what we're looking for.
    No, you love it because they cant fight back. Why don't you gank/camp some one of your level
    You are like those kids with a magnifying glass killing ants.
    Maybe because you don't have the skillz to kill someone of your level ;p hihi
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-02-13 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    People do it because they can, there is no set reason. Maybe their lowbie died a bunch of times and they're looking for the 90 who did it. Maybe they're just mean.

You're being so pretentious and it's kind of infuriating.
    Try asking us like we're actual people instead of "intriguing" test subjects - it's offensive.
    That's because the people who gank are barely people to begin with.

OT: Ganking pisses me off, and not just because there is literally no honor in it, although that's a fair part of it (and I mean in the moral sense, not the pvp currency sense). If Blizzard REALLY wanted there to be "war" in WoW, they should never have invented the Burning Legion or Old gods. As soon as you bring objectively evil forces into WoW, the alliance/horde factional pissing contest looks even more inane and retarded.

If the Legion attacks azeroth again we're even more fucked than last time. They're just going to go "look at these fuckwits who are too busy stabbing each other over fantastically petty and contrived reasons to mount a defense against us. LET'S ROLL, BITCHES!"
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    The excuse "its world pvp, go play on a pve server dragonslayers!!!112" works the same for the Timeless Isle

Oh I'm sorry I have 575 ilvl on my main and I can oneshot you, too bad it's world pvp right? HURR LOL

Think many people do it to piss off and to start world pvp battles, used to attack Goldshire in cata to start world pvp in Elwyn Forest, and there is those people who think they are so good because they killed another player, even tho this player was lvl 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    For me, it's just part of the war. No matter their level, if I see a player of the opposite faction, I'll kill them, because they're my enemy. It's got nothing to do with trolling, or being unskilled, or whatever other lame excuse they'll come up with. It's just a big part of the game for me, killing the opposite faction's players. There's also the fact that it's a great way to get big battles started, when they bring their friends or mains. Besides, I got killed a lot leveling, so it's only fair I get to have my revenge. All's fair in war.
    I don't think this is what the OP is asking. You're talking about randomly coming across someone low and killing them. I think what he's talking about is level 90s who sit in a specific questing spot and kill every lowbie who comes through, or repeatedly stand by a low level player and wait for them to respawn then kill them again.

It's not that you randomly kill someone then move along, I get that and you're right it's part of the war. But he's talking about people apparently doing this for "sport." This is their primary goal at some point. It's not happenstance, but rather they are clearly doing this for the sake of doing it. I ran across this very briefly in Hyjal, but never again when I leveled 1-90 recently. It's pretty strange to me, given the amount of content available for level 90s. But to each his own. If he finds it fun and it's within the confines of the ToS (it is) and in game mechanics, there's no reason why a high level shouldn't camp low levels.

Edit: I'd also like to note that when you're just passing the buck along after being ganked while leveling, that seems pretty childish to me. It's implying 2 things: 1. you got upset while being ganked as a lowbie 2. You are paying it forward and assuming the person you gank will do the same thing to your fellow faction members.

Both are pretty silly because #1, you can just go play another character or something and #2 because you can't be upset when you're now perpetuating this cycle.
    Last edited by Varabently; 2014-02-13 at 03:56 PM.

Because they suck at PvP and want to vent their frustration. And won't even admit it, claiming they want to spark World PvP. Keep telling yourselves that, champs, especially since every time I saw a ganker they ran for the hills the moment any threat at all showed up to stop them.

I class gankers as lower then AFK'ers in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    The excuse "its world pvp, go play on a pve server dragonslayers!!!112" works the same for the Timeless Isle

Oh I'm sorry I have 575 ilvl on my main and I can oneshot you, too bad it's world pvp right? HURR LOL
    Side note, I never understood why calling someone a Dragonslayer was an insult.

I will onyl ever "Gank/grief" another player if they have screwed with my on an alt repeatedly. Then I will sit on their ass until i think the have learned a lesson.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance is my enemy. If they are dead, they are not progressing. If they are dead, that means they aren't harming other Horde members. If they flip to a geared 90, that's fine, but either way, i'm preventing my enemy from getting stronger. That's really all there is to it.

I play Wow mostly for PvP, i love the interaction between players and the skill level instead of the scripted mobs, but i just HATE ganking / camping / killing lowbies, i think it's a matter of frustration from the ganker who can't do a shit against players of his level, that's my point.