Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't mind being ganked, hell even camped, what pisses me off, is when I log off to my main they leave right away. It's like they know I'm bringing the pain. Pansy's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I don't mind being ganked, hell even camped, what pisses me off, is when I log off to my main they leave right away. It's like they know I'm bringing the pain. Pansy's.
    Just once I would love to log into my main and find out Blizz didn't just jam me into a completely separate CRZ where I can't even find the little jerk.

Deleted
    Because I can, however if they're like /hug or /scared, I'd leave them
    Also when I'm leveling I'd always leave my main logged out in the are I'm leveling in if it's suspicious (I.e. Hellfire) so I can get my revenge if they kill my alt.

It's fun, this is how it should be, however! camping is something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trolling or bitching, I am genuinely intrigued why people make threads like these. If you're on a pvp server, expect to be killed whilst leveling up, why? Because it's part of the game. It's fun for other people to overkill little lowbies. We don't care about your feels. If anything, you're on a pvp server, they want to make leveling up harder for you so you can't hit 90 and face them in bg's. Just get over it it happens! So much QQ.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafua View Post
    I'm not trolling or bitching, I am genuinely intrigued why people make threads like these. If you're on a pvp server, expect to be killed whilst leveling up, why? Because it's part of the game. It's fun for other people to overkill little lowbies. We don't care about your feels. If anything, you're on a pvp server, they want to make leveling up harder for you so you can't hit 90 and face them in bg's. Just get over it it happens! So much QQ.
    I agree that PvP happens on a PvP server. I think the OP is trying to establish if people genuinely think that ganking lowbies is high quality world PvP.

Deleted
    To crush their hopes and dreams. I don't camp though. A long time ago in TBC I was harassing Goldshire and killing the other 70s who came after me, after a short while I had somewhere around 20 level 1-20s swarming me. At first I was apprehensive about being mean and killing them all in one go, it was a new realm with lots of new players and they likely had very little idea what they were doing. But I killed them anyway, good times.

Personally, I don't gank lowbies most of the time unless it's either in retaliation for something or to prevent said lowbie from ganking someone else. If you're on your level 40 alt and gank my level 25 alt, I'm going to get on my level 90 and stomp your ass. If I'm flying around on my level 90 and happen to see you ganking a level 25 Alliance player from your level 40 Horde player, I am going to drop down and stomp your ass. If one of my guildies says something in guild chat about being ganked and asks for help, I will be on my way out there.

In other words, I don't gank lowbies unless I have a reason. I almost never do it just for shits and giggles and will usually leave random lowbies alone.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I've ever done this is when:

Out in the world, I see a low level toon, obviously flagged for PVP INTENTIONALLY (i.e. not just out of a BG or something, the flag is on past 5 mins) on a non-PVP realm. I'll smack them just for the heck of it. Multiple times if necessary (and yes I'll wait out the pvp flag) if I'm bored.

Did this once (seriously, this situation has only happened maybe 3 times max) to a Druid in Redridge Mts. Killed him about 5x, then he got on his maxed 90 DK and chased me around (I was on my 90 DK, in frost spec, so had max flying speed) so I just disappeared... I killed the druid again a time or two just for giggles then left. Seriously, why do you quest with PVP flag ON on a non-PVP realm?

OK that's my 2 cents... and a bit more.
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2014-02-13 at 06:04 PM.

Because it's funny to make someone so mad at a video game that they get onto a forum and bitch about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Because it's funny to make someone so mad at a video game that they get onto a forum and bitch about it.
    This too hahaha, too much butthurt

I have a dedicated Hellfire Peninsula ganking character.

Its a 90 Pandaren Alliance Rogue on Tichondrius.

Tich is the most populated US server, mostly horde dominated, and comprised mostly of PVP players.

I have Bouncy and Slowfall which make it so I take little to no damage from fall damage, meaning I can fly up to those level 60+ with flying mounts, dismount and shuriken toss them, then fall to the ground and not die.

I have Mods and macros to maximize my efficiency with ganking people.

Usually I fly around until my mod spots a lowbie and tells me, then I proceed to camp them as long as possible.

Just this week I killed a monk 25 times over the course of a couple hours. Its wonderful really!

Deleted
    Its not like i wasn't ganked million times during leveling. Gotta pay the debt back and spread the "love"

This went through a serious inflation when they removed hunters control beast ability. It was too fucking fun to stalk around forests and use my pet to maul some lowlvl to death..

I had lengthy discussions about this with our GL who didn't understand why, not that she never tried to stop me killing lowbies. IMO its part of the PvP and war, only good enemy is dead enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by paperbowser View Post
    I have Mods and macros to maximize my efficiency with ganking people.
    Oh so your one of those guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    I don't really kill lowbies unless some douche kills my low level alt . Then I log my main and kill 10 lowbies for revenge .
    There is no reason to do that. You are causing grief to random ppl for no reason.

Here's how to do it:

-Pick a Hunter b/c they have tracking.
    -Get him full current pvp gear, as 90% of the time, lvl 90 gankers are just baddies with scrub gear and no gems, no enchants.
    -Log him out in the same general area your lowbie will quest.
    -Log him in when they gank you and use tracking to find the ganker.
    -Gank the ganker.

10% of the gankers are Arena Junkies with best of the best PvP gear. For those, use your Hunter as above, but just do a broadcast in general asking for help. You will -usually- get 2 more level 90's in no time, more than enough to rape the ganker even if he has best of the best PvP gear.

This is how the pros do it, hope this helps.

1% of the gankers are bored Arena "2's" Teams, in which case the Main Ganker will also have a pocket healer also in full current Arena gear. With these, you just wait for them to get an arena queue and don't bother, as you will need a raid group to take down a competent DPS'er w/ pocket healer and it's just not worth the effort.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2014-02-13 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    There is no reason to do that. You are causing grief to random ppl for no reason.

Here's how to do it:

-Pick a Hunter b/c they have tracking.
    -Get him full current pvp gear, as 90% of the time, lvl 90 gankers are just baddies with scrub gear and no gems, no enchants.
    -Log him out in the same general area your lowbie will quest.
    -Log him in when they gank you and use tracking to find the ganker.
    -Gank the ganker.

10% of the gankers are Arena Junkies with best of the best PvP gear. For those, use your Hunter as above, but just do a broadcast in general asking for help. You will -usually- get 2 more level 90's in no time, more than enough to rape the ganker even if he has best of the best PvP gear.

This is how the pros do it, hope this helps.

1% of the gankers are bored Arena "2's" Teams, in which case the Main Ganker will also have a pocket healer also in full current Arena gear. With these, you just wait for them to get an arena queue and don't bother, as you will need a raid group to take down a competent DPS'er w/ pocket healer and it's just not worth the effort.

This is when I flying mount and laugh at the 90 hunter. Or swap over to my horde and taunt people in general chat. Then when he logs over to his alt, i log over to my rogue and proceed to gank/camp.

Either way, he's not going to be leveling- and I have a feeling I enjoy what is happening much more than he does.

No charm to me for ganking lowbies as they are real humans behind their computers, except maybie for those BE male paladins or Death Knights for RP purposes. However I like to scare them sometimes :

If I know I won't insta-kill them, and I see they are not battling against numerous mobs, I strike them once from afar, and continue what I was doing as nothing happened. But generally I don't even do that.

As for 90, even if I am on a pvp server, I don't necessary engage them, them surrounded by multiple mobs or not.

Deleted
    The charm is showing off what a complete moron you are, and that you have no signs of intelligence in your brain at all.

Thats about it I guess.

* Seems to be a fair amount of these people in the thread, ever so amusing ^^

i just think it's hilarious when you kill them in the air. The person must be thinking, "what the hell was that?" as I'm slowfalling away

Quote Originally Posted by paperbowser View Post
    This is when I flying mount and laugh at the 90 hunter. Or swap over to my horde and taunt people in general chat. Then when he logs over to his alt, i log over to my rogue and proceed to gank/camp.

Either way, he's not going to be leveling- and I have a feeling I enjoy what is happening much more than he does.
    I don't think you play modern-day WoW, do you?

I play a Rogue and I have been playing a Rogue since December 2005. The thing is, nobody else does. Rogues are the least played class in the game. I levelled a toon about a month ago. 90 levels in a PvP server and I didn't see a single Rogue.

Nobody ganks with a Rogue these days b/c next to nobody -except old schoolers- play a Rogue.

So, you are daydreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Fixed that for you. I left the PvP world years ago and would not go back to that cesspool even if Blizz offered me every mount in the game (including the discontinued). PvP is for two kinds of people: Those who hate the humdrum life of PvE, and sociopaths who enjoy hurting others and laughing about it. Not sure which one you are, but judging from your response, I could take a wild stab
    Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a multi-faction game called World of WARcraft.
    I don't even gank. Kinda hard when you're a priest healer (yeah, it's possible, but I get shut down within seconds of lvl 90's arriving).

If you want to be taken seriously on a forum here's 2 tips:
    1. Don't change another persons post to support your own arguments.
    2. Don't make baseless assumptions without any evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I don't think you play modern-day WoW, do you?

I play a Rogue and I have been playing a Rogue since December 2005. The thing is, nobody else does. Rogues are the least played class in the game. I levelled a toon about a month ago. 90 levels in a PvP server and I didn't see a single Rogue.

Nobody ganks with a Rogue these days b/c next to nobody -except old schoolers- play a Rogue.

So, you are daydreaming.
    I made a rogue a few weeks back and been playing him ever since, so you're already wrong by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.