Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by paperbowser View Post
    I have Mods and macros to maximize my efficiency with ganking people.
    Oh so your one of those guys...

  2. #82
    Bloodsail Admiral Sturmbringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Patras, Achaea, Greece
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    I don't really kill lowbies unless some douche kills my low level alt . Then I log my main and kill 10 lowbies for revenge .
    There is no reason to do that. You are causing grief to random ppl for no reason.

    Here's how to do it:

    -Pick a Hunter b/c they have tracking.
    -Get him full current pvp gear, as 90% of the time, lvl 90 gankers are just baddies with scrub gear and no gems, no enchants.
    -Log him out in the same general area your lowbie will quest.
    -Log him in when they gank you and use tracking to find the ganker.
    -Gank the ganker.

    10% of the gankers are Arena Junkies with best of the best PvP gear. For those, use your Hunter as above, but just do a broadcast in general asking for help. You will -usually- get 2 more level 90's in no time, more than enough to rape the ganker even if he has best of the best PvP gear.

    This is how the pros do it, hope this helps.

    1% of the gankers are bored Arena "2's" Teams, in which case the Main Ganker will also have a pocket healer also in full current Arena gear. With these, you just wait for them to get an arena queue and don't bother, as you will need a raid group to take down a competent DPS'er w/ pocket healer and it's just not worth the effort.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2014-02-13 at 06:57 PM.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    There is no reason to do that. You are causing grief to random ppl for no reason.

    Here's how to do it:

    -Pick a Hunter b/c they have tracking.
    -Get him full current pvp gear, as 90% of the time, lvl 90 gankers are just baddies with scrub gear and no gems, no enchants.
    -Log him out in the same general area your lowbie will quest.
    -Log him in when they gank you and use tracking to find the ganker.
    -Gank the ganker.

    10% of the gankers are Arena Junkies with best of the best PvP gear. For those, use your Hunter as above, but just do a broadcast in general asking for help. You will -usually- get 2 more level 90's in no time, more than enough to rape the ganker even if he has best of the best PvP gear.

    This is how the pros do it, hope this helps.

    1% of the gankers are bored Arena "2's" Teams, in which case the Main Ganker will also have a pocket healer also in full current Arena gear. With these, you just wait for them to get an arena queue and don't bother, as you will need a raid group to take down a competent DPS'er w/ pocket healer and it's just not worth the effort.

    This is when I flying mount and laugh at the 90 hunter. Or swap over to my horde and taunt people in general chat. Then when he logs over to his alt, i log over to my rogue and proceed to gank/camp.

    Either way, he's not going to be leveling- and I have a feeling I enjoy what is happening much more than he does.

  4. #84
    No charm to me for ganking lowbies as they are real humans behind their computers, except maybie for those BE male paladins or Death Knights for RP purposes. However I like to scare them sometimes :

    If I know I won't insta-kill them, and I see they are not battling against numerous mobs, I strike them once from afar, and continue what I was doing as nothing happened. But generally I don't even do that.

    As for 90, even if I am on a pvp server, I don't necessary engage them, them surrounded by multiple mobs or not.

  5. #85
    The charm is showing off what a complete moron you are, and that you have no signs of intelligence in your brain at all.


    Thats about it I guess.

    * Seems to be a fair amount of these people in the thread, ever so amusing ^^
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  6. #86
    i just think it's hilarious when you kill them in the air. The person must be thinking, "what the hell was that?" as I'm slowfalling away

  7. #87
    Bloodsail Admiral Sturmbringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Patras, Achaea, Greece
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by paperbowser View Post
    This is when I flying mount and laugh at the 90 hunter. Or swap over to my horde and taunt people in general chat. Then when he logs over to his alt, i log over to my rogue and proceed to gank/camp.

    Either way, he's not going to be leveling- and I have a feeling I enjoy what is happening much more than he does.
    I don't think you play modern-day WoW, do you?

    I play a Rogue and I have been playing a Rogue since December 2005. The thing is, nobody else does. Rogues are the least played class in the game. I levelled a toon about a month ago. 90 levels in a PvP server and I didn't see a single Rogue.

    Nobody ganks with a Rogue these days b/c next to nobody -except old schoolers- play a Rogue.

    So, you are daydreaming.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Fixed that for you. I left the PvP world years ago and would not go back to that cesspool even if Blizz offered me every mount in the game (including the discontinued). PvP is for two kinds of people: Those who hate the humdrum life of PvE, and sociopaths who enjoy hurting others and laughing about it. Not sure which one you are, but judging from your response, I could take a wild stab
    Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a multi-faction game called World of WARcraft.
    I don't even gank. Kinda hard when you're a priest healer (yeah, it's possible, but I get shut down within seconds of lvl 90's arriving).

    If you want to be taken seriously on a forum here's 2 tips:
    1. Don't change another persons post to support your own arguments.
    2. Don't make baseless assumptions without any evidence.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I don't think you play modern-day WoW, do you?

    I play a Rogue and I have been playing a Rogue since December 2005. The thing is, nobody else does. Rogues are the least played class in the game. I levelled a toon about a month ago. 90 levels in a PvP server and I didn't see a single Rogue.

    Nobody ganks with a Rogue these days b/c next to nobody -except old schoolers- play a Rogue.

    So, you are daydreaming.
    I made a rogue a few weeks back and been playing him ever since, so you're already wrong by default.

  9. #89
    Bloodsail Admiral Sturmbringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Patras, Achaea, Greece
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post


    I made a rogue a few weeks back and been playing him ever since, so you're already wrong by default.
    How so? You rolling a Rogue and playing with him at level 20 or so, does not make Rogues lose their status as the least played class in the game.

  10. #90
    Dunno. My mains are on an RP server, but as the PvPers talked up a storm about us being "care bears" and such, particularly claiming that us RPers were bads I decided to make an Alliance character on a Horde dominated PvP server and see if they were actually all that.

    Short answer, not remotely. If they were less than 5 levels above me they never managed to beat me unless they outnumbered me. I distinctly recall an Alliance lowbie (about 20th) complaining about a higher Horde Shaman who was killing him repeatedly and trying to get help against him, so I headed over there on my 23rd Shaman. While trying to reach the Alliance the Horde 27 Shaman and I encounter each other, both of us are Enhancement. In short order I dispatch the Horde Shaman who never adjusted his tactics to adjust for the fact that I wasn't trying to escape, I was trying to kill him and so, while he Frost Shocked and Earthbind Totemed, I stood my ground and killed him. Then I confirmed the Shaman's ID as being the pest. He did not try for a rematch. There was a female Blood Elf Rogue who was at cap who ganked me a fair bit, but that isn't a demonstration of skill and not what I was there to test. I reached level 51 before I concluded the elitist talk by PvPers was just bullshit and hot air by people who think ganking lowbies = skill. Certainly in anything resembling a fair fight they were never as skilled as I was.

  11. #91
    Because you cant gank anyone else, all the max level characters are standing in the city in queue for some shit.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    If you want to be taken seriously on a forum here's 2 tips:
    1. Don't change another persons post to support your own arguments.
    2. Don't make baseless assumptions without any evidence.
    Well, not sure why you are so upset. All I did was gank your post. I mean, this is a discussion about WARcraft, isn't it?

    On Topic: I've been on a PvE realm for ages, and only just recently retired to an RP realm. I've made my statement about PvP and those who choose to do it to a vicious end. I've really nothing more to say on the matter. Ganking is little more than cowardice. You want "World PvP", go to Halfhill market and start some static. I'm sure people who can actually fight back will be happy to oblige.
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Personally, I don't gank lowbies most of the time unless it's either in retaliation for something or to prevent said lowbie from ganking someone else. If you're on your level 40 alt and gank my level 25 alt, I'm going to get on my level 90 and stomp your ass. If I'm flying around on my level 90 and happen to see you ganking a level 25 Alliance player from your level 40 Horde player, I am going to drop down and stomp your ass. If one of my guildies says something in guild chat about being ganked and asks for help, I will be on my way out there.

    In other words, I don't gank lowbies unless I have a reason. I almost never do it just for shits and giggles and will usually leave random lowbies alone.
    I do this too. If the two characters who are bth sub-90 are within honor points gain level of each other I do not interfere, however. More than once I've had another horde player bitch me out in /w because I didn't help them in a Pandaria zone when an alliance was attacking them. Sorry, son, you on your 89 just got your ass handed to you by an 86, that's your own damn fault.
    Yrel is the hero the Alliance needs, but not the one it deserves.

  14. #94
    Oh, yes, I have to endorse the comment by Superman that PvPers are, by a significant margin, more childish, regardless of their actual age, than the players on my RP server.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Personally, I don't gank lowbies most of the time unless it's either in retaliation for something or to prevent said lowbie from ganking someone else. If you're on your level 40 alt and gank my level 25 alt, I'm going to get on my level 90 and stomp your ass. If I'm flying around on my level 90 and happen to see you ganking a level 25 Alliance player from your level 40 Horde player, I am going to drop down and stomp your ass. If one of my guildies says something in guild chat about being ganked and asks for help, I will be on my way out there.

    In other words, I don't gank lowbies unless I have a reason. I almost never do it just for shits and giggles and will usually leave random lowbies alone.
    I do this too as well.

  16. #96
    Because they do in-game what they cannot do in real life, inflict misery upon others, picking unfair fights with no consequences.
    People use the excuse of a "war" to justify what is simply cowardly behaviour.
    There is no "versus" aspect, so really describing it as any sort of PvP is an an outright lie.
    If you want PvP, then try to at least pick a fair fight if you want to have any credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  17. #97
    Kill the children before they grow into men capable of killing you I suppose.
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

    Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I don't think you play modern-day WoW, do you?

    I play a Rogue and I have been playing a Rogue since December 2005. The thing is, nobody else does. Rogues are the least played class in the game. I levelled a toon about a month ago. 90 levels in a PvP server and I didn't see a single Rogue.

    Nobody ganks with a Rogue these days b/c next to nobody -except old schoolers- play a Rogue.

    So, you are daydreaming.
    Rogues are one of the least played classes THEREFORE No one ganks on a rogue. (That is your argument)

    You are daydreaming sir.

  19. #99
    Gotta love when you kill a low lvl and they relog their main to kill you and you also kill their main, profit.

  20. #100
    Because power is intoxicating.

    Dunno, last time I ganked was early MoP and I ran around using that explosive barrel trinket at lowbies for shits n giggles.
    Never understood those who can gank for hours on end, but hey, it's permitted.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •