Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gank because I care.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Most of the people who gank just want the people they gank to log on a lvl 1 alt and insult them, then they take a screenshot of it and eventually report it.
    I know it, because I do it.
    I never gank lowbies though, I used to camp peoples on daily quests spots (Vale of the eternal blossom, then Isle of Thunder) for this reason.
    I'm now using the censer on the Timeless Isle for this reason but I don't camp peoples, I kill them once each 10 minutes as i'm interested in the title. Might start camping from times to times once I have it. I'm still camping the ones who rages on /1 or whisper though.

But most of the time, they totally have their chance to fight back, I believe they even have the upper hand with this retardedly overpowered PvE gear.

I'm a bit random with how I interact with lowbies. I will usually /wave or something when I run into one while on my main. If they attempt to run away I usually chase them down and kill them. Though, if they wave back or something like that I will usually stick around and help them with a few quests if I'm bored or just /nod and leave if I'm doing something. I try to refrain from killing lowbies just cause an alt of mine was recently ganked, because that just perpetuates the cycle. I have on occasion used a main to gank a lowbie who was harassing my alt though, just to ease the leveling process.

Every and any time I can kill a gnome, it is a good time to kill a gnome.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why people find fun in it, but I don't usually mind until they really start taking the mick.

Like today, levelling on a new server, get to 58 thinking OUTLAND TIME! But ooooooooh no, level 90 Alliance folks have plans to stop that.

There was literally about 10 of them just blocking the portal completely, one-shot AoE'ing anything that went near... Now this got extremely frustrating and genuinely annoyed me to the point that reminded me of this thread.

You see me walking in the open, go ahead, gank me... I honestly don't mind.

But when you purposefully do it just to grief players and camp a certain area to stop you progressing, now riles me to no-end!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Guys with tiny dicks need something where they feel powerful and mighty. They would never admit their low self esteem problem. But that is the reason why there are such jerks.
    This could not be more true.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Mostly because it's funny to act sadistically towards others at times. Better to get it out in the game over real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do it because its funny to see players squirm before my might.

This thread is the reason.

People want to cause others to react, just like the countless amount of hate messages I've gotten from working on my fire-watching title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, some people would like to wage a war in a certain region. Yet, I do believe that this kind of behaviour is very rare. - But in most cases, a high level is bullying low levels around a certain region. and, yes, it could be adressed as "bullying" because they corpse-camp their victims; They're there to camp only low levels, not a fair pvp. Also, I've came across many low-level campers with pve gear only. - We could say that they are extremely bored and has nothing to do. But when you see some of these people in Battle.Net Forums, harassing everyone that has an opinion on a debate about possible solutions against low-level camping, you understand that there's a person other side of the internet that is eager to bully people.

Of course, keep in mind that not all the people are the same and a few rotten eggs should not become the general identification. Who knows what happens when you politely ask for not to be camped? Maybe you would come across a sincere person who is really bored. - Not all the people are using these characters as their alter egos.

Yet, I don't see the point of killing a low level character. I've done it once and I was trying to type "/hug"; I've pressed "7" instead of typing "/".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking the same 4-5 lowbies in Hellfire is the only reason to log on.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Riding an Asteroid about to collide with Earth
    I make a sport out of it. I'll only kill lowbies if they are outside cities while a bunch of high levels are hanging out around them dueling and what not. The trick is getting away or not being seen at all.

Generally two things. They just want to make your lives miserable. An easy one shot kill to ruin someone else's time is a big ego boost for them. Other times they just are there to bait your "main" or other 90s. I suppose the third option could just be, "if it's red, it's dead". Also damn this thread necro'd from '13. (Though I think I've seen it all the time since 04)
    Stay salty my friends.

Fact: The very same people that gank lowbies are the very same people that run away when faced with a level 90 opponent.

Field Marshal Romantic Novelist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    internet forums: where hyperbole and opinion become fact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    First of all..

These kinds of people are the worst kinds of gamers. It's sad that this attitude is something people take pride in flaunting, when in reality you've already lost if this is how you think.

Second, Killing an enemy is fine, but when you keep killing them every time they rez when they're just trying to do their dailies or whatever then it's too far. Especially when they're under-geared or it's 2+ on 1(which seems to be the only time people attack).
    You see they have under-developed brains, which causes them to have this behavior. At least thats my theory.

I feel as though with the introduction to CRZ it doesn't give world PvP any breathing room.

For instance I remember battles in Hillsbrad and when a side gets pushed enough it's over, people will wait out and move on because you felt you won the day. With CRZ it just piles players on top of players which then you have this constant battle going on nonstop.

I have leveled many characters before and after the CRZ and I can say it does get incredibly old having a quest hub constantly under attack barring off progression of a character. Even back on my original server which was a balanced Horde and Alliance server I never ran into the continues wave after wave of players.

I LOVED PvP servers back before the CRZ was put into the game, it made leveling feel fun and exciting. Not knowing if the Alliance or Horde player would make a move on you, and I had my fair share of ganks by high level toons, but most of the time I shrugged it off and just kept on going. Now though I feel it's a mixed bag for me, that if I could call things now world PvP, or shooting fish in a barrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a realm that has a vast disparity between Horde and Alliance, with myself playing the much lower Alliance, as much as I like to think I am discouraging people from continuing on, they have hit level 85+ and thus will likely not reroll elsewhere, but I am doing my part to show that the Alliance PvP as well, playing on the Timeless Isle and initiating wars frequently.

Overall, unless I am in CRZ and they aren't on on my server, if it's red and I can kill it, it's dead.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Other times they just are there to bait your "main" or other 90s.
    This does not work due to CRZ.

I never respond to them if they kill me. Just get back up and try again. If they camp me I log onto another character and do stuff on that char, though I do enjoy them image of them camping my char's corpse, uselessly wasting their time.

Now, if I am on a level 50 alt and a level 90 is dancing around trying to get me to accidentally flag when I am on a PvE server I just do the chicken dance at them as any level 90 trying to trick a level 50 into being flagged is a coward.

Deleted
    Back in Vanilla I had the constant fear of feeling exposed and being vulnerable when out leveling. I had to be on my toes because at any second a lvl 60 could roll by and plow my face in. I learned to adapt -- stay off main roads, go back roads, use NPCs to advantage, if ganked spawn behind hills/etc.

Ganking was fun though, at least when you were trying to stir up the hornets nest. My friend and I use to gank everyone in WPL in the middle of the night and next thing we knew we'd have 10 people chasing us around. lol Sometimes we'd sit in front of the Undercity.