Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny. It's a feeling of power, although it's cheap. It's like back in the day when I was questing in Silverpine, and that bastard, Son Of Arugal would bump into me and rip me a new one.

Deleted
    They play the opposing faction and its a PvP server (mostly), so why shouldn't we kill them ? :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetolos View Post
    They play the opposing faction and its a PvP server (mostly), so why shouldn't we kill them ? :3
    For people with your mindset they should implement "dishonorable kills" that removes honor/conquest-points instead of rewarding it.

I leave them alone till they start it, then its ON!

Quote Originally Posted by ComeAndSee View Post
    Back in Vanilla I had the constant fear of feeling exposed and being vulnerable when out leveling. I had to be on my toes because at any second a lvl 60 could roll by and plow my face in. I learned to adapt -- stay off main roads, go back roads, use NPCs to advantage, if ganked spawn behind hills/etc.

Ganking was fun though, at least when you were trying to stir up the hornets nest. My friend and I use to gank everyone in WPL in the middle of the night and next thing we knew we'd have 10 people chasing us around. lol Sometimes we'd sit in front of the Undercity.
    This, I personally thought the "war" part of warcraft was always a lot of fun. Ganking for the most part is avoidable if you know what you're doing, just don't creep in wide open areas where you're visible from the road and don't stir up trouble unless you're ready for it.

Ganking lowbies is popular at Outland and the entrance in particular because the goal is to get the other guy to hop on his main, and get some of his buddies, and then you get a good amount of world pvp without guards really being a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    This, I personally thought the "war" part of warcraft was always a lot of fun. Ganking for the most part is avoidable if you know what you're doing, just don't creep in wide open areas where you're visible from the road and don't stir up trouble unless you're ready for it.

Ganking lowbies is popular at Outland and the entrance in particular because the goal is to get the other guy to hop on his main, and get some of his buddies, and then you get a good amount of world pvp without guards really being a factor.
    The problem is though that with the CRZ I think I've ran into more 90s killing people then I have people of the same level. There's nothing more entertaining then getting into a random fight with someone on the opposing side, issue is it feels incredibly rare now, at least on my experience of leveling two recent characters both Horde and Alliance.

The other problem is the assumption that every player who is leveling has a main. For instance, my friend who started the game a month ago decided to make a character on my server, which is a PvP server. Now I warned her of what a PvP server is like, and even said how it is. Problem is, with the CRZ introduced it changed world PvP, and hearing how many times she got jumped baffled me, since even back on my old server which at the time was a high populated server on peak hours and even Horde and Alliance I don't remember being jumped constantly by high levels. Now fighting other people my level, happened a lot, but that was the fun of a PvP server. I feel as though the CRZ paved a way more for people to attack low Lv questing hubs, more then make it feel as though world PvP was back.

Then again I always firmly believed world PvP died out with the introduction of flying mounts and that PvP servers became more of a gank fest, then actual high level world PvP. Hell the only place it feels you actually get that now is the Timeless Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainistal View Post
    Obviously their tears and I like to imagine the person infront of the computer raging and swearing, it makes me feel happy
    So you're happiness results from making others unhappy? Showing 'a lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another' isn't a sign of good mental health and certainly isn't something to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Because it's funny to make someone so mad at a video game that they get onto a forum and bitch about it.
    You're responding as if the OP was complaining about how mean Hogger is. When someone gets mad at being ganked, they are mad at the person ganking them not "a video game." When we pvp we interacting with other people not simply pixels on a screen.

I gank lowbies just so people will make these threads or rage whisper me.

No one likes a fair fight. Just look at the BGs, people won't attack a single defender one on one, they need 5 other people to help kill a single person. They can't help the fact that they're cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    No one likes a fair fight. Just look at the BGs, people won't attack a single defender one on one, they need 5 other people to help kill a single person. They can't help the fact that they're cowards.
    This guy LOL. I can't tell if you're being serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    I don't think fear is their problem.
    They are just NOOBS that have no idea how to 1 VS 1 another player...they only stand a chance against low levels.
    This people should be corpse camped until they alt + F4 xD

But seriously. They are probably kids trying to boos self esteem. Call someone to help you in Trade Chat to protect your low level.
    Usually a lot of players are willing to help.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-02-18 at 03:12 AM.

Deleted
    Well life in the WoW is just like IRL life.Crue and shity
    You know that most animals kill their opponents kids? that is in your nature even humans are not exception and you expect to run around in Open PvP world in WoW and every lv 90 to leave you to do your stuff...Ppl not need a reason to do something who is incoded in your DNA
    So deal with it and be happy that you can ressurect yourself in WoW

personally i do it as a form of revenge for when some dude ganks my alt

Makes you wonder why 99.9% of people that gank have around 400k hp

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's red it's dead, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Disclaimer: Not a post meant to troll or to bitch. I am genuinely intrigued
    Disclaimer 2: I wasn't sure whether to put this in RP forum or here, but I figured this was a phenomenon not limited to RPers. If mods disagree, I don't mind getting moved there.

So. Like the title says: Role-playing. What's the charm? Having recently moved to a RP-server with my guild and having leveled a character through it, I must wonder what drives people to walk slowly everywhere and speak "ye olde English" to people who can't even understand them. Be it me myself idling, be it a guildmate or a friend waiting for a queue pop, there seems to always be one or two blood elves emoting wildly.

No challenge. No reward. Not even those "sweet sweet tears" that ERP people at the Goldshire Inn seem to enjoy (still haven't visited the Tram yet... maybe eventually) due to inter-faction taboo. Not to mention the ever-looming possibility of getting your face talked off by said RPers' bank alt (I did that once or twice. Got tired of being constantly RPed at, logged to my bank alt and emoted til the tauren came home)

Is it purely the joy of trolling? If so, What if, like in my case, the one being RPed at doesn't really care unless it's a repeated effort (being emoted at by the same guy in the same spot 6 times in a row gets really old, cue login as immersion-shattering transmog alt)? Is it to maintain the illusion that this is an actual role-playing game? if so, why not RP in Silvermoon with the interested RPers? plenty of them roaming around.

What makes a role-player tick? I honestly want to know.
    tl;dr version: The charm is they enjoy it.

Deleted
    I think it's more to cause an inconvenience to the other player, I recently swapped to a PvP realm and when leveling I got ganked a lot by higher level horde players. So whenever I see a lower level horde I'll usually just /wave or /hug until that lucky one I decide to shield slam, just to make them feel the pain I felt when leveling up.

Do them up, see them trying to run for it, what's not funny about that?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gank a lower level just once. I don't camp them, because that bugs the crap out of me when it happens to myself. So yes, I kill them once, and then leave. Just to slow them down a little bit because I know some nerd rage happens behind in computer screen. We all do it, don't deny it.

i like to see them struggle and try so hard even though they don't have a chance, it just makes me laugh so hard!