Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This thread is the reason.

People want to cause others to react, just like the countless amount of hate messages I've gotten from working on my fire-watching title.

Well, some people would like to wage a war in a certain region. Yet, I do believe that this kind of behaviour is very rare. - But in most cases, a high level is bullying low levels around a certain region. and, yes, it could be adressed as "bullying" because they corpse-camp their victims; They're there to camp only low levels, not a fair pvp. Also, I've came across many low-level campers with pve gear only. - We could say that they are extremely bored and has nothing to do. But when you see some of these people in Battle.Net Forums, harassing everyone that has an opinion on a debate about possible solutions against low-level camping, you understand that there's a person other side of the internet that is eager to bully people.

Of course, keep in mind that not all the people are the same and a few rotten eggs should not become the general identification. Who knows what happens when you politely ask for not to be camped? Maybe you would come across a sincere person who is really bored. - Not all the people are using these characters as their alter egos.

Yet, I don't see the point of killing a low level character. I've done it once and I was trying to type "/hug"; I've pressed "7" instead of typing "/".

Ganking the same 4-5 lowbies in Hellfire is the only reason to log on.
    You don't remember the moment you grew up..It happened while you were sleeping,
    one night between the day we played and the day we never played again.

Riding an Asteroid about to collide with Earth
    I make a sport out of it. I'll only kill lowbies if they are outside cities while a bunch of high levels are hanging out around them dueling and what not. The trick is getting away or not being seen at all.

Generally two things. They just want to make your lives miserable. An easy one shot kill to ruin someone else's time is a big ego boost for them. Other times they just are there to bait your "main" or other 90s. I suppose the third option could just be, "if it's red, it's dead". Also damn this thread necro'd from '13. (Though I think I've seen it all the time since 04)
    I tend to post primarily in Recent Forum Posts from the main page.
    If I don't reply back to you in a thread, don't get overly offended as it is solely a consequence of my laziness and not out of spite.

Fact: The very same people that gank lowbies are the very same people that run away when faced with a level 90 opponent.
    It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR!

Field Marshal Romantic Novelist's Avatar
    internet forums: where hyperbole and opinion become fact

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    First of all..

These kinds of people are the worst kinds of gamers. It's sad that this attitude is something people take pride in flaunting, when in reality you've already lost if this is how you think.

Second, Killing an enemy is fine, but when you keep killing them every time they rez when they're just trying to do their dailies or whatever then it's too far. Especially when they're under-geared or it's 2+ on 1(which seems to be the only time people attack).
    You see they have under-developed brains, which causes them to have this behavior. At least thats my theory.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

I feel as though with the introduction to CRZ it doesn't give world PvP any breathing room.

For instance I remember battles in Hillsbrad and when a side gets pushed enough it's over, people will wait out and move on because you felt you won the day. With CRZ it just piles players on top of players which then you have this constant battle going on nonstop.

I have leveled many characters before and after the CRZ and I can say it does get incredibly old having a quest hub constantly under attack barring off progression of a character. Even back on my original server which was a balanced Horde and Alliance server I never ran into the continues wave after wave of players.

I LOVED PvP servers back before the CRZ was put into the game, it made leveling feel fun and exciting. Not knowing if the Alliance or Horde player would make a move on you, and I had my fair share of ganks by high level toons, but most of the time I shrugged it off and just kept on going. Now though I feel it's a mixed bag for me, that if I could call things now world PvP, or shooting fish in a barrel.

I'm on a realm that has a vast disparity between Horde and Alliance, with myself playing the much lower Alliance, as much as I like to think I am discouraging people from continuing on, they have hit level 85+ and thus will likely not reroll elsewhere, but I am doing my part to show that the Alliance PvP as well, playing on the Timeless Isle and initiating wars frequently.

Overall, unless I am in CRZ and they aren't on on my server, if it's red and I can kill it, it's dead.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
    Sane people are boring. Or else I've been around insane people so long that I can't tell the difference anymore. Either way, chase away those silly notions of linear thought: they have never done anyone good.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Other times they just are there to bait your "main" or other 90s.
    This does not work due to CRZ.

I never respond to them if they kill me. Just get back up and try again. If they camp me I log onto another character and do stuff on that char, though I do enjoy them image of them camping my char's corpse, uselessly wasting their time.

Now, if I am on a level 50 alt and a level 90 is dancing around trying to get me to accidentally flag when I am on a PvE server I just do the chicken dance at them as any level 90 trying to trick a level 50 into being flagged is a coward.

Back in Vanilla I had the constant fear of feeling exposed and being vulnerable when out leveling. I had to be on my toes because at any second a lvl 60 could roll by and plow my face in. I learned to adapt -- stay off main roads, go back roads, use NPCs to advantage, if ganked spawn behind hills/etc.

Ganking was fun though, at least when you were trying to stir up the hornets nest. My friend and I use to gank everyone in WPL in the middle of the night and next thing we knew we'd have 10 people chasing us around. lol Sometimes we'd sit in front of the Undercity.

It's funny. It's a feeling of power, although it's cheap. It's like back in the day when I was questing in Silverpine, and that bastard, Son Of Arugal would bump into me and rip me a new one.

Blademaster
    They play the opposing faction and its a PvP server (mostly), so why shouldn't we kill them ? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Aetolos View Post
    They play the opposing faction and its a PvP server (mostly), so why shouldn't we kill them ? :3
    For people with your mindset they should implement "dishonorable kills" that removes honor/conquest-points instead of rewarding it.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

I leave them alone till they start it, then its ON!

Quote Originally Posted by ComeAndSee View Post
    Back in Vanilla I had the constant fear of feeling exposed and being vulnerable when out leveling. I had to be on my toes because at any second a lvl 60 could roll by and plow my face in. I learned to adapt -- stay off main roads, go back roads, use NPCs to advantage, if ganked spawn behind hills/etc.

Ganking was fun though, at least when you were trying to stir up the hornets nest. My friend and I use to gank everyone in WPL in the middle of the night and next thing we knew we'd have 10 people chasing us around. lol Sometimes we'd sit in front of the Undercity.
    This, I personally thought the "war" part of warcraft was always a lot of fun. Ganking for the most part is avoidable if you know what you're doing, just don't creep in wide open areas where you're visible from the road and don't stir up trouble unless you're ready for it.

Ganking lowbies is popular at Outland and the entrance in particular because the goal is to get the other guy to hop on his main, and get some of his buddies, and then you get a good amount of world pvp without guards really being a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    This, I personally thought the "war" part of warcraft was always a lot of fun. Ganking for the most part is avoidable if you know what you're doing, just don't creep in wide open areas where you're visible from the road and don't stir up trouble unless you're ready for it.

Ganking lowbies is popular at Outland and the entrance in particular because the goal is to get the other guy to hop on his main, and get some of his buddies, and then you get a good amount of world pvp without guards really being a factor.
    The problem is though that with the CRZ I think I've ran into more 90s killing people then I have people of the same level. There's nothing more entertaining then getting into a random fight with someone on the opposing side, issue is it feels incredibly rare now, at least on my experience of leveling two recent characters both Horde and Alliance.

The other problem is the assumption that every player who is leveling has a main. For instance, my friend who started the game a month ago decided to make a character on my server, which is a PvP server. Now I warned her of what a PvP server is like, and even said how it is. Problem is, with the CRZ introduced it changed world PvP, and hearing how many times she got jumped baffled me, since even back on my old server which at the time was a high populated server on peak hours and even Horde and Alliance I don't remember being jumped constantly by high levels. Now fighting other people my level, happened a lot, but that was the fun of a PvP server. I feel as though the CRZ paved a way more for people to attack low Lv questing hubs, more then make it feel as though world PvP was back.

Then again I always firmly believed world PvP died out with the introduction of flying mounts and that PvP servers became more of a gank fest, then actual high level world PvP. Hell the only place it feels you actually get that now is the Timeless Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainistal View Post
    Obviously their tears and I like to imagine the person infront of the computer raging and swearing, it makes me feel happy
    So you're happiness results from making others unhappy? Showing 'a lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another' isn't a sign of good mental health and certainly isn't something to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Because it's funny to make someone so mad at a video game that they get onto a forum and bitch about it.
    You're responding as if the OP was complaining about how mean Hogger is. When someone gets mad at being ganked, they are mad at the person ganking them not "a video game." When we pvp we interacting with other people not simply pixels on a screen.

I gank lowbies just so people will make these threads or rage whisper me.