Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    If they plan to remove those challenge modes, then they also have to remove titles. Sorry, but it's just stupid to finish them without removing those titles from the game. Why? because challenge modes have been inconsistent through the whole expansion, and if the plan is that the last guys keep the titles forever, then... GG blizzard. What about those who constantly beated their own best realm times when the gear didn't have as many gem slots and there was no title or achievement?
    Remove =/= UnObtainable

Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    What I thought challenge modes would be, and what they ended up being, were totally different.
    If they had been a per realm only thing, it would have been interesting.
    The fact that so many people just got carried through via cross realm arrangements made it pretty pointless.
    The title means nothing to me. No way to tell if the people using it earned it, or just got carried.
    Just my opinion.
    "Undaunted" is full bronze. It takes effort to somehow fail at getting 9/9 bronze.

The realm first titles require 3+ people from the same realm in the group.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Speaking of 3 man.. There is a group of studs out ther -- ele, brewmaster, and disc -- that have 3 manned all challenge modes on gold.. What is that all about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantastically happy about this.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now things are gunna get interesting these last couples months.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    "Undaunted" is full bronze. It takes effort to somehow fail at getting 9/9 bronze.

The realm first titles require 3+ people from the same realm in the group.
    to give you guys an idea of times. bronze shado-pan time to clear is a hour.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Kosirog View Post
    This is contrary to everything else they have removed from the game. I am pretty sure their stance is "If you get it, it is yours to keep".

Think about all the removed mounts, hunter pets, achvs, etc. They are something special that distinguishes you from others who didn't get them.
    Oh, i'm also sure that will be their stance, i simply think they are very wrong with it. My point is that challange modes have been in the game since the first day MoP was released, but titles have only been since 5.3. It is bad that they end up a feature with a competition that is nothing like it was at the begining, but it's even worse when the reward was never given to people who earned it at the begining simply because they didn't have those achievements yet in-game.

I personally had several best realm times before 5.1... all i got left of that is the pride and fun time i had , which is great, but others will have a title forever for doing the same thing in the last moment and with much much better conditions (=easier).
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2014-02-13 at 08:46 PM.

Fantastic news. There has been almost 2 years to get them, so no one should be complaining.

You don't see me complaining about the countless PVP seasons of mounts and Transmog I've missed out on.

And remember, you still have plenty of time until then. So buckle up, find a group, or miss out.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Challenge Mode rewards unlocked.

And I'm pissed at this change, this is just insane. Blizzard is yet again taking another step to wrong direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I have Challenge Mode rewards unlocked.

And I'm pissed at this change, this is just insane. Blizzard is yet again taking another step to wrong direction.
    There's no more challenge in Challenge Modes after 6.0. Is it that hard to understand? Be happy with your raid titles you get get several tiers after it was relevant. CMs became a joke with better optimised gear.

Personally just more surprised. It is weird and kind of off putting how Blizzard keeps flip flopping their stance on various things. I didnt care for the look of the sets anyways. Just wierd to have this expectation placed on the customers that rewards will remain there due to the nature of it. I can agree with the season in relation towards the times remaining locked and giving a separate achievement due to the significant changes, but given the actual challenge or lack there of involved and the ability for players to buy carries to get Gold and get the gear it leaves very little reason to effectively discontinue the rewards for prestige which really isnt there in the first place. The prestige was to be placed in the times and achievements for being the top, not the vanity rewards.

At least this signals that there will be new gear for WoD. Would be nice if there was a few tweaks here and there for the MoP challenge modes going into WoD. Not sure how much game play will change on the character side, but I hope the WoD Challenge modes are more interesting. Than again the "heroics" are supposed to be interesting again so it might translate into more for Challenge modes.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-02-13 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    There's no more challenge in Challenge Modes after 6.0. Is it that hard to understand? Be happy with your raid titles you get get several tiers after it was relevant. CMs became a joke with better optimised gear.
    I'd personally be fine if they'd just change the system from character specific to account-wide unlocks, even who I hate the idea of removing content.

And what's the point at "be happy with your raid titles you get several tiers after"?

Deleted
    And what's the point at "be happy with your raid titles you get several tiers after"?
    He means how this is a new thing as raid titles from previous raid tiers have never been removed after the release of a new tier or expansion and you have always been able to go in and get them with way better gear than intended.

As for this change I love it. It gives the players who played during MoP and did this content something to show that they did it. Even though a lot of people do have 9/9 gold and have the gear it will be more and more rare the longer into WoD we go as old players who did CMs will quit and new players will join making the gear less and less common.

Good. IMO there should have been multiple seasons this expansion (1 for each raid tier, cos balance patches screw with everything) but this is a good start. I wonder if any groups will panic and try to take our realm first titles - hopefully, cos competition is fun.

I'd personally be fine if they'd just change the system from character specific to account-wide unlocks, even who I hate the idea of removing content.

It's been out for a year and a half. They encouraged people to do it on alts for specific rewards like the pheonix mount and Gold Cmode sets. For an entire year and a half. They did that a reason, if it was going to be changed it would have been in MoP beta. But that is too late to switch form Cmode character specific rewards, a year and a half too late. People have gone out and done Gold Cmodes on multiple alts, now you feel their effort should be wasted? That's not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    It's been out for a year and a half.
    Yes, I know but I can't get my friends to re-do them again.

And I don't have extra 900k gold floating anywhere.

I don't think it needs to be removed "in the spirit of fair play", given how many carries were sold for both gold and real life money.

Yes, I know but I can't get my friends to re-do them again.

And I don't have extra 900k gold floating anywhere.
    Try Openraid, groups tend to get people who already have experience so there's that bonus

Deleted
    Does anyone know if the realm 1st tittle will be gone also or is it the trans etc thats is just going?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Try Openraid, groups tend to get people who already have experience so there's that bonus
    I don't think any PuG would want Shadow Priest there as a DPS.

Guess I'll just fight against this and try to "manipulate" them to re-do dungeons for me, meanwhile.