Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    As someone who had a Rank 11 title back from Vanilla, it rather sucked, but it did happen exactly how I predicted it would happen: people would use the transmogs for 2-3 days, get bored of it, and go back to their normal stuff. The sets themselves aren't good. What made them good was the rarity.

All it really did was make sure the veterans who actually earned their sets in vanilla detracted away from them.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2014-02-16 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    giving the current CM sets some prestige would be nice. i'd like to see in 1-2 years someone rocking mop challenge mode gear and ppl going oo cool wheres that from?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    People will be clamoring for 9/9 sales now. I got 9/9 on my Priest and I have no intention of doing that again on my Paladin so I'm just going to have to buy a run. Maybe on my Mage too. What a stupid decision this is by Blizzard. The point of CMs is to have everyone on a level playing field regardless of gear so you'd think that there'd be no reason to take them out.
    It has been stated why the MoP CM's are being removed, for that very reason you state.
    Because they won't be on a level playing field.
    Those encounters are designed around the behaviour and gearing of each class in MoP, not how they will be come WoD.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-02-16 at 05:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Some of my friends said this a few seconds ago They skipped MoP because "it suck" from their PoV and were planning to do some MoP stuff in WoD but seems they won't even resub good job blizz
    Sounds like they wanted to do it with the thought of "Hey, it's an expansion old, it'll be easy" but then when they found out they couldn't and would have to do it at current content: "WAAAH! I CANT DO IT WHEN ITS EASIER!" Your friends are cheap and easy. Sorry to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how it would work if,

If you would have completed 9/9 Gold during World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria -expansion on at least one of your characters and unlocked the Feat of Strength on your account. And when you complete Warlords of Draenor -expansion's Challenge Modes, you could buy yourself the old set as well in addition of new one.. regardless on which character you completed the MoP one.

I completed MoP CM 9/9 Gold on X class and earned FoS.
    I go and do WoD CM 7/7 Gold on Y class and earn the rewards from it
    -> Game checks if I have older history of similar progress in earlier expansion(s)
    --> Grants me an ability to purchase older sets (and mounts?).

Deleted
    I got my 9/9 last night on my mage and I am so exited. Now I see that this is going away and I am soo glad I did it before it is gone. As I did with all the stuff in cata and WotLK. The more achievs and FoS the better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I wonder how it would work if,

If you would have completed 9/9 Gold during World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria -expansion on at least one of your characters and unlocked the Feat of Strength on your account. And when you complete Warlords of Draenor -expansion's Challenge Modes, you could buy yourself the old set as well in addition of new one.. regardless on which character you completed the MoP one.

I completed MoP CM 9/9 Gold on X class and earned FoS.
    I go and do WoD CM 7/7 Gold on Y class and earn the rewards from it
    -> Game checks if I have older history of similar progress in earlier expansion(s)
    --> Grants me an ability to purchase older sets (and mounts?).
    Don't think they will let you, I understand that is quite shitty for people who might later reroll to a character that didn't exist when MoP was out, but I think they have to be firm about it to retain any prestige at all.

At least now if you see someone in challenge mode gear you can expect them to be at least decent but while I have 9/9 gold, I can only play 3 classes to any sort of standard at all. (DK, Warlock and Monk tank) So in WoD I could take my level 90 boost, give it to my shaman which doesn't yet exist and roll around Draenor in challenge mode gear while learning what flame shock does. It doesn't feel right somehow.

Still, there's plenty of time left before WoD for people to get these done and at this point there is a TON of information and guides out there to help you. I don't care because I'm only in it for the achievement points but people should have more than enough time to level a new character and get some runs going if they think they will want the set on it in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    At least now if you see someone in challenge mode gear you can expect them to be at least decent but while I have 9/9 gold, I can only play 3 classes to any sort of standard at all. (DK, Warlock and Monk tank) So in WoD I could take my level 90 boost, give it to my shaman which doesn't yet exist and roll around Draenor in challenge mode gear while learning what flame shock does. It doesn't feel right somehow.
    Well, the alt which was created after Mists of Pandaria -expansion would need to clear out Warlords of Draenor -CM's first before he could purchase the MoP set. You would still need to complete the Challenges on that class, but if your account would have Feat of Strength from previous expansion(s), it would allow you access to older sets as well.

Player X cleared MoP CM's on Hunter and earns FoS.
    Player X re-rolls and creates Warrior and clears WoD CM's on it and (s)he would have access to new and old sets.

On both cases the player would have already proof'd the class knowledge, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mephalia View Post
    I got my 9/9 last night on my mage and I am so exited. Now I see that this is going away and I am soo glad I did it before it is gone. As I did with all the stuff in cata and WotLK. The more achievs and FoS the better for me.
    Congrats man! Join the ranks of the completed Challenge Modes. Enjoy your mount, title and sexy tmog.

I went into my first CM ever two days ago and managed to get 4/9 gold that day, and then 6/9 gold the day after. I just need my final 3 and then I'm more than happy to hear they're removing the rewards as these will be the only things I have that got removed, which is awesome. Also, tanking these has been the most fun I've had in this game in a very long time. I'm looking forward to the WoD CMs.
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque21 View Post
    I went into my first CM ever two days ago and managed to get 4/9 gold that day, and then 6/9 gold the day after. I just need my final 3 and then I'm more than happy to hear they're removing the rewards as these will be the only things I have that got removed, which is awesome. Also, tanking these has been the most fun I've had in this game in a very long time. I'm looking forward to the WoD CMs.
    welcome to the did cmodes and enjoyed them club. They really are fun tho, ive done over 100 and still enjoy them and I encourage everyone else to try them out.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Hopefully they don't remove them till the big MoP end patch so more people can get them one. i haven't even done them myself.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got it on Three Chars so far. Working on Prot Warrior then Ele Shammy. Then Hunter/Monk and others If I'm lucky I should get most sets (for my Alliance Chars at least).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )