Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    JUNK food is the main reason for obesity. Stop eating it and your weight won't increase. To reduce fat from your body, exercise regularly.

Best advice that got me where I wanted: Don't eat carbs before dinner. Eat as much carbs as you want after dinner. Also hold on a bit on the candy.

I was 110kgs back in 2012.. I was drinking coke like..eh.. 3LT/day.. I stopped drinking coke and cut the sugar completely. Except sometimes my body wants some sugar, thats another thing. I lost 30kg in 3-4 months (no gym, eating w/e i want). Now I'm sitting at 73-74 kgs all the time.

If you are using sugar, try to reduce it. 192cm / 110kg is not that bad tbh. I'm 177cm :P Imagine 177cm guy with 110kgs. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mcdastar View Post
    I stopped drinking coke and cut the sugar completely... I lost 30kg in 3-4 months (no gym, eating w/e i want)
    I'm pretty sure even if you cut out sugar, you still can't eat whatever you want and lose weight. I'm not sure what it is you ate and it could well have been whatever "you wanted", but I don't think anyone can cut out sugar and eat McDonalds 10 times a day and still lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm pretty sure even if you cut out sugar, you still can't eat whatever you want and lose weight. I'm not sure what it is you ate and it could well have been whatever "you wanted", but I don't think anyone can cut out sugar and eat McDonalds 10 times a day and still lose weight.
    Do you know what sugar is?

@OP
    Depends what suits you.

Going to the gym doesn't work for a lot of people.
    If you like structure go for a beachbody product like Insanity or T25. I fall into the latter and have always benefited from them. If junk food is your problem, then you need to cut it out cold turkey. The first week is difficult, but after that, the cravings start to get milder.

Ohh shit. Dat Necro.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2016-11-17 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Become a chef.

Running about for 14hr shifts. Play 5-a-sides football.

That's my trick anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Become a chef.

Running about for 14hr shifts. Play 5-a-sides football.

That's my trick anyway.
    14 hour shifts?

Fuck. That.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant eat whatever you want when what you want has sugar in it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Do you know what sugar is?

@OP
    Depends what suits you.

Going to the gym doesn't work for a lot of people.
    If you like structure go for a beachbody product like Insanity or T25. I fall into the latter and have always benefited from them. If junk food is your problem, then you need to cut it out cold turkey. The first week is difficult, but after that, the cravings start to get milder.

Ohh shit. Dat Necro.
    The gym is a waste of time if youre trying to lose weight. Its only good for improving cardiovascular stamina and/or building muscle. But running on a treadmill for an hour and burning a measly 350 calories (barely a candy bar worth) isnt going to make you lose weight. Altering your diet is much more effective at losing weight than going to a gym

GO BUSH or Camping for 2 weeks

Go into the bush for 2 weeks. Take survival gear like a Tent , knife, water bottle & even a eperb.
    Maybe take a fishing pole. Take just enough food..probably protein bars & dark chocolate.

First few days will be hard. And you may have to fight a bear .But this is all about survival off the land.

After 2 weeks in the bush you will find that you have lost 15kg or more.

The human body has not changed much physiology, from that of the caveman/ cavelady.
    And us Humans where born to survive as hunting and foraging predators.

With our sedentary and fast food life styles, we are now paying the price of moving away from our ancestral ways.
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2016-11-17 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Cant eat whatever you want when what you want has sugar in it

- - - Updated - - -

The gym is a waste of time if youre trying to lose weight. Its only good for improving cardiovascular stamina and/or building muscle. But running on a treadmill for an hour and burning a measly 350 calories (barely a candy bar worth) isnt going to make you lose weight. Altering your diet is much more effective at losing weight than going to a gym
    I disagree. It works for some people. My dad who is 60 walks on an incline for 40 mins a day and he lost 2 stone in about 5 months Of course you have to consider your diet. If you're eating shit then it's going to be difficult to lose any weight.

Building muscle has an effect on your ability to burn calories too. Weightlifting is an efficient exercise to aid you in losing weight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    14 hour shifts?

Fuck. That.
    14hrs passes by in a mere second compared to watching Greenock Morton for 90mins Lamps.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having been a "big boy" all my life, weight has been something I have always struggled with. A couple of years ago I lost over 60lbs/30kg(I was over 300lbs at this point) through a strict diet plan and towards the end of it I started lifting weights. When I started weight training I felt that since I was adding exercise to my lifestyle that I could go back to eating anything I wanted.... wrong. Fast foward to 3 months ago, I had gained a good portion of the weight lost back.

3 months ago I started following the Ketogenic Diet. Look it up. It works! In 3 months time I have lost 30lbs/15kg and haven't done the first bit of exercise. I did however cut my daily caloric intake down to 1800 cal and try to keep my daily carb intake under 25g.

I'm 6'3" and was very close to 300lbs, I now weigh 260 and don't have plans to stop cutting weight anytime soon.

If you truly want to lose weight then you are going to have to make some drastic changes in the way of your nutrition.

80% of any diet/workout plan takes place in the kitchen.
    Last edited by Druish; 2016-11-17 at 09:19 PM.
    - Rogues do it from behind

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    14hrs passes by in a mere second compared to watching Greenock Morton for 90mins Lamps.
    I did 10 hour shifts at a local all-day restaurant as my first job when I was 16.

Pretty much put me off hard-work for life (hence I work in IT).

Quote Originally Posted by Druish View Post
    80% of any diet/workout plan takes place in the kitchen.
    I would also say that 80% of any diet/workout plan takes place in your head.

You have to be motivated, be strong mentally & have lots of willpower.

If you see a nice Tub of Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in the Supermarket.. You have to say no No its Bad.

by saying anything i want, i didn't mean mcdonalds 10 times a day... I just lost my weight and i'm happy. many friends of mine tried what i did and nothing changed also. cutting out sugar MIGHT work, that's what I'm trying to say. Sugar is so unfriendly for health anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure even if you cut out sugar, you still can't eat whatever you want and lose weight
    Weeeeellllll if we want to get technical here you can eat whatever the hell you want and lose weight. It's all about the calories you consume and burn. So if you want to eat nothing but Twinkies, you can lose weight just fine, only you have to watch how many Twinkies you eat. And that is the problem...sugary foods lack nutrients and are not filling - they are empty calories.

If you want to lose weight and be healthy you need a good diet with all of your nutrients and the right amount of calories. If you only want to lose weight, you can get away with eating whatever you want if you count calories like a fuckin' mathematician. Thing is, doing so would take so much willpower that you are better off just eating healthy, too.

I quit drinking beer and started drinking whiskey. Lost 30kg/66 pounds in 2 years. Virtually no carbs, slightly less calories and the hangovers aren't as bad so you can still cook healthy food and exercise every day. I went from ~30-35 beers a week to 2 bottles of whiskey.

Obviously my liver still doesn't like me but I lost a lot of weight over time, and I look somewhat presentable again

(117kg -> 87kg @191cm / 258lbs -> 192lbs @6'2)

Deleted
    A lot of running, repetitive exercises (low weight, lot of repetition), eating often small portions

10+ Year Old Account
    remove a limb