Windows 8.1 Stuck at Startup

So i came home and turned on my pc with the "Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" screen. So i waited and it restarted and did this about 8 times so far. I have no idea what to do. i'm able to hit the delete key to get into the bios and f11 to get into the boot menu. but thats it. I don't wanna do a system restore because that happened about 8 months ago on a different computer and lost everything and on this computer I have over 500gb of items I had to download

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I had this same problem yesterday, my pc randomly crashed while playing hearthstone and when I tried to turn it on again it got stuck in an updating infinite loop. What I did was to turn it off when it said not to turn it off and then turned it back on reverting the unfinished update. And then latere yesterday night I restarted it to see if the problem persisted and it performed a single update and booted normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I had this same problem yesterday, my pc randomly crashed while playing hearthstone and when I tried to turn it on again it got stuck in an updating infinite loop. What I did was to turn it off when it said not to turn it off and then turned it back on reverting the unfinished update. And then latere yesterday night I restarted it to see if the problem persisted and it performed a single update and booted normally.
    I actually just fixed it.. I restarted it when it said not to(a few times now) and this time i went into the bios to see what I can find. I just mindlessly spam clicked the "OC Genie" button. I didn't know what else to do so I restarted it and it booted normal. Hopefully it doesn't happen again..