Cool Ele Armory Audits and Log Analysis

I've been getting a lot of PMs here, on Totemspot, Twitch, and elsewhere lately, and I've seen at least a few threads pop up recently (one on the official forums even had my name in the title!) asking for this kind of help, so I'm going to just put this out there:

If you want an audit of your (or your guildie's) armory, or an analysis of your logs, send me an email with all relevant links (armory, logs, epeen) at tickletotem@gmail.com (no, it's not my battlenet email, don't freak out). You can also follow me on twitter @tickletotem and tweet me that you want an audit, but email is probably best.

For those of you who aren't as familiar with me and want to know why people ask me for help, I'm the current manager of Totemspot and I updated the ele guide with 5.4 updates (I'll be working on 6.0 updates when the PTR/beta come out for it - anyone want to collaborate, btw?). I worked with AMR to update their build profiles, and was featured with Leeds on the 25th episode of Finalboss.tv. I currently raid 25m in Pure on Antonidas - we finished T16 24th in the US and 89th world, while only raiding 16hrs/wk. I am also as of right now (it changes frequently) ranked on Proraiders as the 4th highest 25m ele in the US, 12th world (and yes, I recognize how unreliable Proraiders can be when you want to compare at high levels, but for those needing help at lower levels, that still says a lot).

As always, of course, you can PM me on the different sites, but I'd like to start consolidating to make it easier on myself, and email would be the best way to do that.

Deleted
    rank 4 proraider. tehee

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    rank 4 proraider. tehee
    High five! You wanna do some audits too?

Deleted
    nah, u go ahead.

If I get into the beta ( and thats a big if), then I can share some thoughts about the state of elemental in WoD. Im no big theory crafter or anything and only been playing shaman for one year. Let me rephrase that... Been playing WoW for one year. But still...

Hey guys, if you've sent me an audit, don't worry, I got it. Been doing valentine stuff the last two days, but I should get to you all tomorrow or Monday. Thanks!

Quick question before I email you, why do you reforge mastery from haste instead of crit on your shoulders?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Quick question before I email you, why do you reforge mastery from haste instead of crit on your shoulders?
    Probably because she is going for the 35% haste softcap

Not necessarily because I'm going for the FS breakpoint that he's referring to, but because I am comfortable at 35% haste - otherwise I find casts feel too slow for my liking. Since I'm simming with mastery far ahead on cleave, it would make sense to drop more haste for those fights, but I'm no longer swapping my gems between single target and cleave fights (too lazy at this point in farm - though haste would be better on single target if I were switching them), and again, the comfort thing. It does also help that you do get a FS tick at 35%, but it's mostly for the comfort thing, for me. So essentially, I've decided that I've reached an acceptable balance there, and I'm going for more mastery and crit after that.

Also, for cleave, crit is actually really valuable, so I try to preserve as much as I can. In fact, I briefly tried out a crit build on a few cleave fights and really liked it, but obviously it makes single target suffer too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I have a question. What is up with the haste=mastery build on AMR. For a while now I have been going the mastery route, and when I went to check some stuff for my resto OS, i noticed that it was the default build for ele.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Ok I have a question. What is up with the haste=mastery build on AMR. For a while now I have been going the mastery route, and when I went to check some stuff for my resto OS, i noticed that it was the default build for ele.
    I worked with AMR to add some additional builds, because all they had for a while was the mastery one, which is not great for everyone, as it's really gear and fight dependent. The haste=mastery build will actually be better for most people for more fight styles, but you can still select the other builds if you prefer more mastery. But in my sims, a balanced build (mastery=haste) actually is stronger on more fights than either focused build, especially at lower gear levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle View Post
    I worked with AMR to add some additional builds, because all they had for a while was the mastery one, which is not great for everyone, as it's really gear and fight dependent. The haste=mastery build will actually be better for most people for more fight styles, but you can still select the other builds if you prefer more mastery. But in my sims, a balanced build (mastery=haste) actually is stronger on more fights than either focused build, especially at lower gear levels.

Ok thanks for that lol. i'm still going with my mastery ways (I still have 33% haste I think it is at 562ilvl)

Edit: and grats on your damn near perfect amount of hit lol.