10+ Year Old Account

GW2 Theorycrafting?

I'm wondering if anyone has done any work regarding theorycrafting for GW2? This is pointed specifically to the PvE side of things. I just got my first level 80 last night, an Elementalist and I've been having fun trying out different builds. But are there any mathematically based resources out there where people have mathed out highest dps builds?

best places are probably the official forums and possibly GW2Guru

I Know on my server people throw around http://dulfy.net/ like it's godly.. Not what you are looking for tho, i guess.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

dulfy is not a guide on builds or theorycraft though

I'm probably the only theorycrafter you'll find here.

I'll give some advice in general though. The best build heavily depends on what you're doing (what dungeon or fotm).
    For instance the highest DPS build is staff ele, however if you want the highest team DPS you use a scepter/dagger ele.

If you have questions about classes check the specific threads on this forum.

You can find builds on both guru and reddit but I advise you to learn how to do the calculations yourself (it's not hard) so you can double check what's being said.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I'll take a look at Dulfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I'm probably the only theorycrafter you'll find here.

I'll give some advice in general though. The best build heavily depends on what you're doing (what dungeon or fotm).
    For instance the highest DPS build is staff ele, however if you want the highest team DPS you use a scepter/dagger ele.

If you have questions about classes check the specific threads on this forum.

You can find builds on both guru and reddit but I advise you to learn how to do the calculations yourself (it's not hard) so you can double check what's being said.
    I've been doing some napkin math myself, but before I started mathing everything out I wanted to see if someone had already done the work :P

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Thanks, I'll take a look at Dulfy.
    Dulfy is not going to have what you are looking for. That site is for things like achievement guides, jumping puzzle guides, armor and weapon pictures.

Try GW2Hub in addition to guru and the official forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guides and calculators are here:

http://intothemists.com/guides/
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Dulfy is not going to have what you are looking for. That site is for things like achievement guides, jumping puzzle guides, armor and weapon pictures.

Try GW2Hub in addition to guru and the official forums.
    Well I'm also new to the game and it looks like it has a lot of resources in general, so I'm sure it will be helpful; albeit maybe not for theorycrafting.