Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What exactly is the problem with letting non-cisgendered people select their appropriate gender? It doesn't affect you at all. If you think it's 'ridiculous' or 'pointless' you clearly don't struggle with gender identity issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So you didn't explain it at all, and still don't grasp why the fundamental difference is actually relevant, and how modern psychiatry hasn't found any such defect for sexual orientation and even removed it as a mental condition. But yet, remarkably, there's a shitload of bigoted doctors out there with a bunch of shit science because you just say so. Handwave harder.
    See contridiction sucks.
    I am just responding to your claim here: These people have a proven brain defect that makes them think they're another gender;

So which is it?

"If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings View Post
    I again, will ask, do you view LGB people as having brain defects as well?
    No, because:

1) There's no proof.
    2) There's no detrimental impact to their daily lives.

It's not only not a mental disorder, it's not a brain defect. GID is both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    These people have a proven brain defect that makes them think they're another gender;

So which is it?

Maybe if you knew which one (psychiatry or psychology) dealt with actual biology/physiology you'd understand. But you said you "got it". Do you not?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think it's unnecessary for 50 but I'm not in charge of Facebook so I'm not going to complain.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    So explain to me the difference between psychiatry and psychology, since you "get it".
    I'm a psychologist and would like to read the same. From you. Saying trans are sick because have "a brain defect" is so 50 years ago and make me sick.

I love how people take one research result and take its results as proven facts; not to mention what you linked suggests (it doesn't prove, it suggests) there is a difference between brain structures, and that's all there is: a difference. Since when does a difference become a sickness?

Reminds me why I don't want to read about serious stuff in a video games forum.

You may add that most of the psychopathology manuals report the so-called gender identity disorder to support your claim, then you would definitely prove you know nothing how about psychiatry and psychology work.

I.T. I am surprised myself they've chosen so many options, I find it just a little overkill, but I don't know much about transgender reality myself.
    Last edited by mmoc17d00b68f9; 2014-02-14 at 01:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I just think it's unnecessary for 50 but I'm not in charge of Facebook so I'm not going to complain.
    I long for the day i'm recognized as a Corgi, i face such daily discrimination as being forced to sign as a human.

This doesn't concern me, so I see no reason to complain.
    If it feels more including for the LBGT community then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    Saying trans are sick because have "a brain defect" is so 50 years ago and make me sick.
    I better not call schizos sick either. Because to pinpoint that their brain is ill/malformed and that their fantasies aren't real must be equally as "sick".

For fucks sake they can even confirm GID through postmortem autopsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I long for the day i'm recognized as a Corgi, i face such daily discrimination as being forced to sign as a human.
    But I can't call you sick, that's just not PC.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2014-02-14 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Freaking Corgis...trying to be special.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my God I'm looking through the list right now and laughing my ass off.

Trans Man or Trans Male? The fuck is the difference?
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    I'm a psychologist and would like to read the same.
    A real psychologist, or someone who's taken a psych class or two and imagines themselves to be an expert?

Deleted
    I thank you all for the support in my endeavors for the Corgi rights movement (CRM)

Now, i have some business to attend to, namely, eating my own shit and waiting to be called a good boy.
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-02-14 at 01:28 AM.

I'm all for tolerance but I think this is just making things much more complicated than they need to be. Heck, I've been given abuse for something as simple as using the term 'ladies and gentlemen' when addressing a group. I've noticed that many of those pushing for this sort of thing tend to be rather aggressive and seem to be offended over almost anything. I'm not saying it's the case in every situation but it's definitely pretty worrying. I suppose the question we need to ask is where do we draw the line?

I better not call schizos sick either. Because to pinpoint that their brain is ill/malformed and that their fantasies aren't real must be equally as "sick".
    You're implying that any difference is bad. Mental illness is defined as mental or behavioral patterns that cause suffering or impaired ability. GID doesn't cause either of those directly, only by outside sources like being told you're a gender you don't identify as.

You're just ignorant and intolerant.

People are absolutely bonkers. I'm all for equal treatment, gender fluid people, they/them as personal pronouns... but come on. Ugh.

You can refer to yourself as whatever you like. Call yourself a two-spirit genderqueer neutrois otherkin, but I'm referring to you as your birth sex, you know, the way evolution designed you.

some folks are just looking for new ways to be special. as they grow up they realize their parents lied. they aren't special and unique like they were told. they're just another person no better than millions of others.

somewhere there's a person looking at those 50 options and not finding the label they think is appropriate for them

What if I am a male, with female sex organs that identifies as a pelican? What is the name for that?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    What if I am a male, with female sex organs that identifies as a pelican? What is the name for that?
    I'm a raptor, I have a cloaca.

WHAT NOW TUMBLR!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    People are absolutely bonkers. I'm all for equal treatment, gender fluid people, they/them as personal pronouns... but come on. Ugh.
    I think a common misconception is that those of us who understand biology and reality despise trans people, which is often not the case. I was with a mtf trans person once and it was just fine, but I'm not going to lie to myself or others. I'll call them women, men, etc out of respect to the person but there are bounds of reason. I'm even fine with them using their preferred restrooms and such, even if it makes me uncomfortable sometimes. I don't really care
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.