Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe i am from pakistan; Nice excuse D: ME INC!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Hehe i am from pakistan; Nice excuse D: ME INC!
    Be sure to contact the swedish media to cover you aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Realy? I am pretty sure that you do not think of this as sad story. xD
    I'm sure on this aswell.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I have nothing against foreign people. I just draw a clear line when it comes to people thinking it's OK to set their daughters on fire because she kissed a guy.
    Those are the exact people that this girl is trying to save herself from.

no person below the age of adulthood should have their genitals mutilated. girl or boy. if you become an adult and decide to do it that's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unf View Post
    Can't she avoid this by going to Israel rather than the Pakistan parts?
    Pakistan is not Palestine. One is a small region present in the Holy Land (that's Palestine) and the other is a country next to India (that'd be Pakistan)

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Not everyone who has it bad at least.
    So who? Give us some clear rules before you would deny somebody, please.

And then an asylum application. Which made no mention of those things, instead of correcting the application she went to media. Why? Why not just tell the migration board about it instead of going to media? I don't like "mediedrev" one bit.
    Maybe she thought she couldn't? Maybe she didn't think she could trust the people in those places alone? Think about where she's from.

And then an asylum application. Which made no mention of those things, instead of correcting the application she went to media. Why? Why not just tell the migration board about it instead of going to media? I don't like "mediedrev" one bit.
    If you thought you were going to be pushed into a life of mutilation and rape, wouldn't you use every bit of leverage you possibly could find? I sure would.

One illegal immigrant more, one illegal immigrant less... does it change anything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If you thought you were going to be pushed into a life of mutilation and rape, wouldn't you use every bit of leverage you possibly could find? I sure would.
    I wouldn't withhold such information from the initial asylum application and then run to media when the migration board finds there to be no reason for asylum. That's what makes me suspicious.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-02-16 at 05:28 PM.

Nevermind the fact that we don't let everyone in.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/Engli...gulations.html
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Why not just take the whole world then, get rid of the regulations?
    I would honestly love to hear your reasoning as to why a world in which people are free to settle wherever they choose is inherently a bad thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I would honestly love to hear your reasoning as to why a world in which people are free to settle wherever they choose is inherently a bad thing
    Do you know how welfare states work? High immigration to a welfare state will kill the welfare state, unless they meet the employment rate that's needed. It needs to be regulated until then.

Do you know how welfare states work? High immigration to a welfare state will kill the welfare state, unless they meet the employment rate that's needed. It needs to be regulated until then.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-of-brats.html

To be fair, welfare states create a culture of lack of responsibility and motivation. Sheltering people will make them dependent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    To be fair, welfare states create a culture of lack of responsibility and motivation.
    No, they don't.

Deleted

To be fair, welfare states create a culture of lack of responsibility and motivation. Sheltering people will make them dependent.
    So first of all, what does your link have to do with anything? It's about irresponsible parenting. Stupidly written at that.

Secondly, it doesn't create a culture where there's a lack of responsibility, that's assuming that people are consent with slightly getting by without ever doing anything, but that's just not how human biology works.

I'm actually curious, but I couldn't find any studies he had performed. He seems to draw his conclusions based on correlations, (e.g. that anxiety disorders are on the rise because of parenting failures, when it just as easily can be because mental illness is becoming more accepted and people dare to speak out, or any other myriad of reasons etc).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm actually curious, but I couldn't find any studies he had performed. He seems to draw his conclusions based on correlations, (e.g. that anxiety disorders are on the rise because of parenting failures, when it just as easily can be because mental illness is becoming more accepted and people dare to speak out, or any other myriad of reasons etc).
    Yeah, and there are scientific studies that show that physical punishment is bad, which the author of the article seem to imply is not and is actually good for children.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/04/spanking.aspx