Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

5 months since the release of Siege of Ogrimmar..

Yes, you read correctly. It's been over 5 months already and not even a Beta for WoD in sight. Doesn't this concern people? At this rate, SoO will probably have been out 8-9 months at least before we see WoD, with no new substantial new content in-between. What happened to getting content out faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patience. We've dealt with longer times before.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You can cancel your subscription until WoD/beta if you'd like.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesn't concern me. WoD won't be released until at least September-October. Why do people fall for time and time again when Blizzard says that they are releasing faster expansions.

They are releasing the content faster in the sense that they are trying to put more effort and content into it; releasing a better expansion. More content in almost same time = faster development

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no huge rush for me. Have to finish up Garrosh, farm everyone a mount, and get some playtime in RoS before I start to worry about WoD, which I haven't been expecting until August at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    SoO will probably have been out 8-9 months at least before we see WoD
    Still a shorter time than the last 2 expansions.
    Even if it is 1 week quicker than previously, it is still faster, and Blizzard won't have reneged on their promise.

Since apparently CMs are getting shut down they can take as long as they freaking well want, fine by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The real question is why does this concern you?

This happens every time in the end of an expansion. You'd be the first in line to complain if the expansion shipped early and had major bugs / sucked overall.

Patience is a virtue, and like someone else already said you can cancel your subscription and play something else until WoD if you'd like, many do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Yes, you read correctly. It's been over 5 months already and not even a Beta for WoD in sight. Doesn't this concern people? At this rate, SoO will probably have been out 8-9 months at least before we see WoD, with no new substantial new content in-between. What happened to getting content out faster.
    Getting content out faster doesn't mean getting content out when you want it. Content has still been released faster when you consider the pacing and amounts of past expansions.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I don't expect to see WoD out before September. That may be bad. 6 more months of SOO is ..well..probably pushing most peoples patience. I expected / hoped that WoD would be out about the same time as TESO / Wildfire.

In a way WoD out in September of 2014 at least lets me play TESO and Widstar to see if I like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    The real question is why does this concern you?

This happens every time in the end of an expansion. You'd be the first in line to complain if the expansion shipped early and had major bugs / sucked overall.

Patience is a virtue, and like someone else already said you can cancel your subscription and play something else until WoD if you'd like, many do.
    It should concern people. WoW is a relatively expensive game and when they don't put out content for 10-12 months it is kind of pathetic on blizzard's part. Best thing to do is unsub.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love people who confuse 'release content faster' with 'I do not get things when I want them'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It should concern people. WoW is a relatively expensive game and when they don't put out content for 10-12 months it is kind of pathetic on blizzard's part. Best thing to do is unsub.
    You'd be the first to complain if the content was buggy as shit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Millions of people spend more on Candy Crush daily, WoW is far from expensive in the game industry, it's actually pretty damn cheap, the current sub price and the current price of cigarettes, it costs me the spare change I'd find on the floor more than a packet of cigarettes for a day, for an entire month of access.

It's also not been 10-12 months, though it's happened before, sort of.

Beta is close, and it doesn't have to be 6 months long, just wait and see before you judge, or unsub like you said, see you in WoD.

Deleted
    I've....I've got the shakes!

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Its box cost is cheaper then most new console games. And its subscription is only 4-5 cents a day. That is hardly expensive. Even more so when that 5 cents a day gives you 24/7 access (minus down time) and free updates with potentially a lot of new stuff. You essentially get an expansion worth of content for free over the life cycle of the expansion.

Most people spend more going to the Movie theater, dinner, and drinks in one night. then they will on WoW.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard must have been high when they said they wanted to give us faster expansions. They strive for perfection and while they do that we will never get faster expansions. It is either Quality or Quantity not both. They were stupid to make that statement to begin with.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    We had Dragon Soul for 9 months, do some heroic progression and make alts to pvp on, thatll keep u busy, my guilds only 5/14H so im ok with quite a while till beta/release

If enough people unsub, Blizzard will get the point and make Sunwell or Ruby Sanctum.
    Unfortunately, not enough people so far.