Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You can cancel your subscription until WoD/beta if you'd like.
    The perfect option. He'd probably still come here and whine about how he's not getting his way.

  2. #162
    The Lightbringer The Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I was done when I saw Garrosh led off in chains in-game.
    That's cool, I daresay a lot of people view it the same way. Then again, I know lots of people (including myself) who aren't done and who don't bother raiding at all... Though I've seen Garrosh polished off in LFR. My "not done", if you can believe it, is based on archaeology!

    That's my point, which may have been unclear; it's up to each individual to decide when they're done with content. The reason I think the WoD announcement is what did it for most is because that's when we know "what's next". It sort of concluded the MoP story by telling us the next part, and caused players to just look forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

  3. #163
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,709
    Looks like beta won't come till the summer, therefore WoD won't be coming till September or so. Unless the Beta comes within the next two months, still the game is not going to be released while we are in the summer, that's a fact.

  4. #164
    The Lightbringer The Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So all you have is an overly long ad hominem, argument of semantics, with generally nothing of value? Ooook.
    *Blinks*

    That's your response? Seriously?

    Have I spoken to you in this way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Let me be as simple as possible for you: People complaining about the time to put out content will be the first people to complain when it isn't perfect. That's all the original poster implied. I have to agree that it is likely.

    In regards to you thinking there is some epiphany of a discussion to be had from why the expansion isn't out sooner, after a decade of the same pattern of development, let me refer you to this simple point: You are not forced to continue paying for the game during this time. Much like you are not forced to pay movie tickets while waiting on a sequel, why you don't have to spend extra money on books waiting for part 2, and generally how this works across the board on every product ever.

    Simply put, there is absolutely no value from a bunch of armchair game developers complaining that Blizzard takes to long to do x. None at all. Edit: Forgot passive aggressive smiley apology to match your posting style -
    Saying I'm adding nothing, when you repeat what's already been discussed (a lot of which I've agreed with), is a bit silly. I'm sorry, but it is. I'm now going to leave this discussion where it is because you seem to want an argument when I don't, and are willing to circle in order to get it when I'm not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    PS I'm sorry if this sounds angry, it's just my style and not at all how you should read my words. You will likely think I'm a jerk. I can't please everyone and have nothing personal against you. Unless you are somehow my arch, in which case the Guild of Calamitous Intent has not notified me.
    I don't take it personally at all, I just dislike this aggressive method of posting because you wouldn't approach a discussion with me in this fashion were we sat at a table having dinner. Equally, I wouldn't say you're a jerk; I don't know you and it'd be bigoted to judge you from your views on a video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

  5. #165
    I love how everybody pulls out their crystl balls of delusion and says, "THE SKY IS FALLING THE GAME IS DEAD, ANOTHER 13 MONTH TIER OMG BLIZZ UNSUB NAO" or "It'll be out in two months... Cause Blizz is #1!"

    Fact is, none of us really know what the heck we are talking about. We're all basing it on historical precedence. This same historical precedence indicates that things are moving faster at the end of the expansion this time, when compared to WOTLK and Cataclysm.

    Now BC was a different animal because of the Sunwell Raid, but that's clearly the outlier in this.

    I think, we can all just sit back, and watch as the usual arguments take place on the forums. If anything, it makes my breaks at work more interesting

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The time they use to make a filler is time wasted on the new expansion. They've said that's why it hasn't been done yet.

    Same with holiday events.
    That is not the consumers problem.

    Why do people accept "sorry guys, we didn't plan" so easily and then go on to actively defend this utterly dubious position?
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is no way in hell Siege will last more than 6 months. It just isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Anti-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is detrimental to the game as a whole.
    Pro-flying: I like flying.

  7. #167
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,208
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    That is not the consumers problem.

    Why do people accept "sorry guys, we didn't plan" so easily and then go on to actively defend this utterly dubious position?
    This. THIS. THIS!

    Remember when WoW had 12million players and the sky seemed the limit. Why then didn't Blizz create a second team of modelers and coders to work exclusively on patches? And if they know they cannot push an expansion out in less than two years, stop promising yearly expansions!

    This isn't dev idiocy, this is a PR campaign now.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Looks like beta won't come till the summer, therefore WoD won't be coming till September or so. Unless the Beta comes within the next two months, still the game is not going to be released while we are in the summer, that's a fact.
    Why do you think that the beta won't come till summer? The launch of the beta is already near; 5.4.7 and the new arts for the pre-order shows it.

  9. #169
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Why do you think that the beta won't come till summer? The launch of the beta is already near; 5.4.7 and the new arts for the pre-order shows it.
    Look, if you want real facts for why 5.4.7 means nothing, check my sig. Look at facts, not pretty pictures designed to distract you.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    That is not the consumers problem.

    Why do people accept "sorry guys, we didn't plan" so easily and then go on to actively defend this utterly dubious position?
    So much truth in that statement it hurts.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It should concern people. WoW is a relatively expensive game and when they don't put out content for 10-12 months it is kind of pathetic on blizzard's part. Best thing to do is unsub.
    Good point, $150 dollars to keep playing the same thing -_-

  12. #172
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Good point, $150 dollars to keep playing the same thing -_-
    If you got that kinda disposable income, go ahead. But I think WoW's target age group doesn't.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Why do people accept "sorry guys, we didn't plan" so easily
    Because we're enjoying ourselves?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  14. #174
    Stood in the Fire ArchmageAllayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    381
    you know that you don't have to sub all them time right? just unsub like everyone else (or don't add more game time like me )

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Expensive?

    I have roughly (rounded down) 1200 days (28,800 hours) played on my account over the past 8ish years with no break in subs. This equates to:

    $220ish spent on Vanilla + expansions and 102 months of subscription totaling $1,528 for a total of approximately $1,748. This comes out to $0.061 cents an hour.

    Take any typical 10 hour game these days for 59.99 and you get $5.99 an hour.

    Let's be generous and say you put 100 hours in to Skyrim completing all its bells and whistles for funzies. $0.59 an hour.

    WoW is frankly one of the absolute least expensive games to play that there are for the amount of content available. A normal employed human can stay subbed to this game forever and never ever feel it for this kind of efficiency.

    First of all, wow. Youre going to throw insignificant information like that around to back up what exactly? And what does that prove?


    Yes, it does bother me that we are possibly looking at 9-12months in a raid before an expansion. Is it a big deal? Nah, but still, this game is my hobby and i would like for it to stay fresh. This website is designed specifically to debate your opinions on matters within games like this.

    Also.. youre seriously tell me that you have spent 1200 days (played time) on WoW? Thats insane. So let me get this straight, you have literally sat behind a computer and physically played this game for almost 4 years of time? Even if you split that up over 8 years, that is literally doing nothing but playing wow for half of every year.

    I thought i was crazy for having 400 days played since 2004.

  16. #176
    Banned Superman-BladesEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Yes, you read correctly. It's been over 5 months already and not even a Beta for WoD in sight. Doesn't this concern people?
    Not really. WoW is a hobby, not a lifestyle.

  17. #177
    The beta is going to be released around the end of March as a spoiler for TESO.

  18. #178
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Look, if you want real facts for why 5.4.7 means nothing, check my sig. Look at facts, not pretty pictures designed to distract you.
    Your speculations aren't fact.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  19. #179
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Malefic View Post
    *Blinks*

    That's your response? Seriously?
    No. My response was a lot of sarcasm and poorly construed joking, which is admittedly a fault that I let slip still too often. My true response is what I kept repeating in between all the retorts. I simply disagree with your initial response to the other poster and think you are looking at it entirely wrong. We think about it fundamentally different, which is no fault of anyone, but I would hope that you and many posters (especially the OP) can realize how their production time isn't really something that needs to be harped about on the forums.

    While I'm not going to go so far as to join the 'your subscription only covers server access' crowd, because I disagree, I think there is an understandable relationship between the players and developers and an already in place time table for how new expansions are released. I also factually acknowledge that no one is required to continue subscribing and the best course of action if they are unsatisfied with the current product is to stop paying for it.

    I mean there's honestly no reason why anyone should be complaining, even if they said WoD would release two years from now. WoD isn't a bug fixing patch. It doesn't correct some flaw that affects the consumer's already spent money. It's a new product. Where we largely deviate in opinion is that you think there is a valuable discussion in asking 'Why?' when there's really no value. It doesn't matter why it isn't out by your expectations because you should have no expectations.

    Would it be a better service if they had some form of content patches to carry the space between the expansion? Yes. Does it mean that they are doing something wrong or there is a value to whining about it now? No. We'll have to agree to disagree. Once I discovered the world of other MMOs, I too rode the wave of wanting to angrily complain about everything. I gave BiowarEA a forum earful of angry typing before I realized there's just no point. A game is a game and a company is a company. They are going to do whatever they are going to do.

    It's my personal observation that enjoying what you enjoy and not worrying about the rest is much more valuable than any amount of complaining will ever be. This isn't politics. It's not changing the laws that determine how our lives operate. It's a game. Having it take longer than expected when you can stop paying for the current product and nothing in your life depends on it is probably a -5 on a scale of 1-100 of consumer affronts.
    BAD WOLF

  20. #180
    I love how blizz said they don't want to leave us with content lull before an xpac like they have in the past. Yet that is exactly what they are doing.. again lol.
    Mymm <Encore> - Retired
    Mal'Ganis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •