Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    If enough people unsub, Blizzard will get the point and make Sunwell or Ruby Sanctum.
    Unfortunately, not enough people so far.
    Exactly, sub numbers dropping would actually be the best thing for this game right now. People enable blizzard by staying subbed with no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Yes, you read correctly. It's been over 5 months already and not even a Beta for WoD in sight. Doesn't this concern people? At this rate, SoO will probably have been out 8-9 months at least before we see WoD, with no new substantial new content in-between. What happened to getting content out faster.
    8-9 months of SoO would be faster.

If we go past April without a release date announcement, then we can say "what happened to getting content out faster?"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Patience. We've dealt with longer times before.
    We shouldn't have to deal with 6 months of nothing every expansion. Blizz should have made the Patches and Expansions teams seperate back when the game had 12 million subs.

- - - Updated - - -

If enough people unsub, Blizzard will get the point and make Sunwell or Ruby Sanctum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Exactly, sub numbers dropping would actually be the best thing for this game right now. People enable blizzard by staying subbed with no new content.
    I think it's because raiding is dying out. We get a new season but not tier? It looks like there's more "casuals" and arenaers than raiders these days.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

With Garrisons and how big a deal those are supposed to be, I expect there to be a LOT of testing and iterations on that.

As well, if they really are returning to casters as turrets, then that will require some different thinking then they've used over the last few expacs when the idea for ranged has been RUN!!!! and the better you can dps on the run as ranged, the better you do for the most part. Multiple times, the devs have stated that movement was one of the only ways to keep things fresh for ranged. So, if casters are losing their "cast while moving" spells, then unless they're okay with gimping ranged to that degree and the subsequent howling (somehow, I can't see that), then somehow, the mechanics will have to give and that, also will require iterating.

Crafting will require iterating since item squish will be decimating some professions like Jewelcrafting.

Frankly, I think a 6 month Beta is about right...it's aggressive, but not overly so and takes into account that one or two parts will require much more work than they anticipated.

With the earliest Beta in March, we could see launch in August, but I think that's a bit optimistic. But... I said that when they announced WoD and folks though the game would be out by now...silly rabbits...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you read correctly. It's been over 5 months already and not even a Beta for WoD in sight. Doesn't this concern people? At this rate, SoO will probably have been out 8-9 months at least before we see WoD, with no new substantial new content in-between. What happened to getting content out faster.
    Considering only a small fraction have defeated Garrosh on Normal let alone Heroic...........no it really doesn't concern me at all.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

What do you mean unfortunately? I for one don't want another RS.

And leading up to Sunwell subs were still increasing.

- - - Updated - - -

You think they're going to stop making WoD to release a filler raid based on a dip in subs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Right, let's delay the expansion so Blizzard can create another raid tier.

You, sirs, are bloody brilliant. Have you ever thought of applying to Blizzard?

Even if sub numbers dropped, you wouldn't get anything, the content pipeline is far longer than the time we have from now to beta, or release, of WoD.

some of us plebs are still working on heroic SoO. not everyone cleared it the first week it was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We shouldn't have to deal with 6 months of nothing every expansion. Blizz should have made the Patches and Expansions teams seperate back when the game had 12 million subs.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's because raiding is dying out. We get a new season but not tier? It looks like there's more "casuals" and arenaers than raiders these days.
    Raiding isn't dying out. You can't really say that at the end of an expansion. Not to mention you already think WoD is delayed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Because resetting the arena-ladder is as much work as creating a new raid tier...

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was only 6 months it wouldn't be bad but it is more around twice that long. Paying $180 ($15x12) for one raid tier is pretty shitty.

Stop whining people remember raiders are the minority of WoW players. The majority log in a couple times a week do some dailies and that's it and are fine with no new content. Good for you that you blew through the content and are "done" now let the rest of us do what we want at the pace we enjoy without having to worry about new content to do. Stop playing WoW so much and get a frigging life.

If you want rushed out content and stuff released with a gazillion bugs, EA supplies plenty of that, if in doubt just check BF4 BugFest 4 as we prefer to call it today. Things are on pace and i think we will see a very short beta this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Or because a pvp season is much easier to make versus a whole new raid and gear. Time spend developing a raid takes away from Wod.

There's lots of evidence for a beta starting extremely soon. Just because you don't care to look for it and want it handed to you on the front page doesn't mean it isn't there.

Deleted
    Perhaps because there IS enough content for them?
    Only the most elite players have finished the current raid content, and that also still leaves a shit-load of other things to do in the game, if they aren't one-track minded individuals.

People will unsub if it makes sense for them to do so. Apparantly it doesn't.

If it was only 6 months it wouldn't be bad but it is more around twice that long. Paying $180 ($15x12) for one raid tier is pretty shitty.
    Unless you've accomplished everything in the game besides 5.4 content, then you aren't paying $180 for it.
    You pay to play the game as a whole. If you're completely uninterested in the other things to do in the game besides the current raid tier, then yeah... for YOU it's probably a poor purchase. So unsub and go do something else, no reason to whine about it.

I don't like baseball, so I don't watch it. I don't then go to baseball forums and complain about how baseball is boring and they should really improve the sport.

Deleted
    8-9 months is perfectly acceptable in my eyes. If it hits 11+ months, I'll be annoyed.. 8-9 months would be faster if you look at Dragon Soul length for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    People QQ like this at the end of EVERY expansion. I actually kind of like having an off-season kind of. I don't have it this time because we got a late start into heroics because of attendance issues, but in the past I have enjoyed the leisurely downtime to farm gold for the next expac and dick around a little.