Thread: Gnome Hunters

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Gnome Hunters

So in the 9 year gnomish demand for hunters, I felt I need to make my argument for Gnome Hunters.

1. Engineering, Gnomes have the Engineering racial. Engineering is the profession to make Hunter weapons. As an engineer we make Guns and Crossbows. Being as only one class is now able to use guns, this means every gnome NPC with a gun is a Marksmen Hunter.

2. “Your pet will eat you” the common gnome disrespectful insult. Well what’s stopping the large beast from eating anyone, also Goblins and Dwarves are not really much bigger than a gnome. This also brings to point that as a pet collector my gnome can ride most animals which are common hunter pets, ie big cats, wolves, raptors, turtles and scorpions.

3. By adding gnome hunters, blizzard can introduce cool new skins for hunter pets. Clockwork animals. Also with that they can add cool engineering hunter pets, which cost as much resources as the current epic mounts to make.

4. Gnomes would be the most epic hunter race ever.

edit: Well I guess my post of this on the WOW forums hit a nerve with Blizzard, they took it down. I wish they would at least send us a PM letting us know why.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2014-02-15 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

I support Gnome Hunters being added. I don't think it has to go so far as to adding anything extra to them that any other hunter doesn't already have. The Feign Death alone is worth it!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they go with that one guy's idea, and the gnomes get baby-pet versions of all the mobs as their hunter-pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    As long as they go with that one guy's idea, and the gnomes get baby-pet versions of all the mobs as their hunter-pet.
    No need for any thing different. Gnomes should start with a Mechanical Beast pet, ie a Cat with a Clockwork skin. Then they should add Clockwork skins in various areas where it makes sense. Titan areas, Gnome areas, and Goblin Areas. Then add 2-3 pets for engineers to make, which basically you summon a equal level "yellow" (neutral aggro) mechanical beast which can be tamed. That is all I would suggest to blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanical Hunter pets? LoL!

Seriously, just wait for the eventually Tinker/technology class to drop. It's pretty inevitable at this point, and it solves the issue with the lack of decent Gnome classes outside of Mage.

If Gazlowe from HotS is anything to go by, they got some very cool ideas lined up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Hey, if a goblin can tame a T-Rex, no reason a gnome can't.

edit: Also worth pointing out, gnome infantry and S.A.F.E. Agents use laser rifles to make up for their generally-not-very-powerful bodies. I'd argue gnome hunters, with hunters presented as crack marksmen, makes perfect sense. The beast-taming thing could be handwaved as a game mechanic, much like tauren paladins not technically being paladins back in early Cata.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    i really don `t like gnomes, but hunter fit gnomes more than tauren / undead in my opineon.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I support Gnome Hunters being added. The Feign Death alone is worth it!
    ^^ This, so much this

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I fully support gnome hunters. Anyone who dedicates his/her life to exterminating these little pests deserve a respect.

i support it. its bs they cant be hunters when 90% of their NPCs use guns.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    gnomes are too small to control fierce jungle animals. their pets would step on them and squash them dead.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    gnomes are too small to control fierce jungle animals. their pets would step on them and squash them dead.
    Wouldn't the same happen to goblins?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    goblins blow up.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    i believe they are slightly taller than gnomes, therefore completely justifiable to be hunters.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome hunters make 0 lore sense, gnomes don't "hunt" anything

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Gnome hunters make 0 lore sense
    neither do goblin shammies, lore can be made up.

bring on gnome hunters!

10+ Year Old Account
    Marksman hunters fit the S.A.F.E Agents perfectly.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

I'm going to quote myself here, and inform you that you are a part of the problem with why WOW is failing, this type of elitist attitude turns people off of the game.

2. “Your pet will eat you” the common gnome disrespectful insult. Well what’s stopping the large beast from eating anyone, also Goblins and Dwarves are not really much bigger than a gnome. This also brings to point that as a pet collector my gnome can ride most animals which are common hunter pets, ie big cats, wolves, raptors, turtles and scorpions.
    - - - Updated - - -

Hunter is a bad name for the class, since in reality it is the Ranger Class, which in lore the vast majority of Gnome 'Warriors' are actually Rangers with Riffles.

The reality is Gnomes make the Best hunters in the game, the racial for engineering, which provides the player made guns and scopes, and 'escape artist' which frees the movement of the player when held.

The truth is many hunters in the game would race swap gnome if the option became a reality.

I would love a gnome hunter. Bring it on!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    you that you are a part of the problem with why WOW is failing.
    Cheer up mate. There was 200k new subs this quarter. I think people are starting to realise theres no place like gnome.
    Hi