Heroic garrosh Warlock tips.

Heroic garrosh tips and tricks for warlocks thread, go.

ok guys, I was wondering if there's a breakpoint in our mastery that makes more valuable fnb + normal rotation when garrosh throws weapon in p1 (since you're hitting both garrosh and the weapon for a % of our single targe dps, like it was a havoc)

the mastery > haste > crit build is better on this boss?

ps: please state if you're on 10 or 25man if you're giving tips.

Deleted
    25m, play aff. bait 1 add out of the group from initial AOE so you can extend dots forevever onto the next pack, make sure there's not too many dotters in your setup so that the weapons dont die so that you can extend dots through all of p1-3. p4 pray for good procs, not much else you can do. If you insist on playing destro, as it's only the first weapon that you need to actually kill in p1, dont touch the boss until you know you'll have your procs for the aoe/weapon landing and everything will melt (assuming you're actually struggling with the dps on it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    25m, play aff. bait 1 add out of the group from initial AOE so you can extend dots forevever onto the next pack, make sure there's not too many dotters in your setup so that the weapons dont die so that you can extend dots through all of p1-3. p4 pray for good procs, not much else you can do. If you insist on playing destro, as it's only the first weapon that you need to actually kill in p1, dont touch the boss until you know you'll have your procs for the aoe/weapon landing and everything will melt (assuming you're actually struggling with the dps on it.)
    I only did 7 tries on HC garrosh, but we had problems with dps on p1, he was summoning the third wave of adds before the transition, I normally did 35m damage on him and 9m on the weapon by the time he reaches 15% health. I was aoeing, but I'm considering single target chaos bolt spamm with FnB immo and rain of fire, ignoring the weapon.

It just came to my mind that if i had enough mastery I could aoe without losing dps on garrosh, killing the weapon faster (we're going to do stacked on p1) I have 107% mastery unbuffed but i'm undergeared, rest of the guild has 575+

I don't think I wanna play affliction to be honest, I didn't touch the spec since patch 5.0. I'm also gearing towards crit/mastery so it wouldn't be optimal IN MY CASE, as I didn't play the spec in a year. I don't "feel" the spec like I do with destro.

I'm on 25man also. lets hope I get some gear on this week's farm.

Heroic Garrosh is the only fight in SoO where I would say destro is for sure better than affliction. Using all your embers to cleave 1 additional target wouldn't be with it. Drop a rain of fire and keep on Garrosh, other people will do enough to the weapon and if they aren't then use havoc to help. I go haste over crit for everything as destro because I play aff on most fights but if it were progression again I would go with mastery > crit > haste for Garrosh. Garrosh doesn't mix things up so for the most part you know when you have to move and there isn't anything unexpected that forces you to cancel the long cast.

Just try and do everything you can to increase damage on to the boss. Don't aoe p1 adds more than you have to, at this point I just fire and brimstone immolate and conflag them, keep rain of fire down, and spam chaos bolts in to the boss. Throw havocs on to weapons and immolate incinerate x2 to get more embers to use on Garrosh. Little changes like this can make you do a lot more boss damage than if you were padding, it's a long fight so it all adds up.

I'm in a 25 man guild but have killed it in 10 man, not much of a difference for you other than killing the whirling adds. For those I would put a rain of fire down my add that was about to spawn to get threat than just incinerate it down. Only chaos bolt it if you are sure nothing else is near because it can nearly one shot them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    I only did 7 tries on HC garrosh, but we had problems with dps on p1, he was summoning the third wave of adds before the transition, I normally did 35m damage on him and 9m on the weapon by the time he reaches 15% health. I was aoeing, but I'm considering single target chaos bolt spamm with FnB immo and rain of fire, ignoring the weapon.

It just came to my mind that if i had enough mastery I could aoe without losing dps on garrosh, killing the weapon faster (we're going to do stacked on p1) I have 107% mastery unbuffed but i'm undergeared, rest of the guild has 575+

I don't think I wanna play affliction to be honest, I didn't touch the spec since patch 5.0. I'm also gearing towards crit/mastery so it wouldn't be optimal IN MY CASE, as I didn't play the spec in a year. I don't "feel" the spec like I do with destro.

I'm on 25man also. lets hope I get some gear on this week's farm.
    Just bait the weapons other than the first away, makes the first phase considerably easier and you need to bait the weapons in the other phases anyways, there is absolutely zero reason to not have a combo of 7 of your ranged dps/healers run on top of the throne/next to the 2nd weapon for the 3rd spawn when weapons spawn, unsure how you could even have enough cooldowns for your raid not to die during the 1st intermission if you blow everything on stacking on the weapon and aoeing it unless your raid is made of 10 paladins and 5 warriors or something equally as silly

Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    I would go with mastery > crit > haste for Garrosh. Garrosh doesn't mix things up so for the most part you know when you have to move and there isn't anything unexpected that forces you to cancel the long cast.
    Is it wrong to reforge mastery > haste = crit for this fight? i really don't wanna reforge all my crit out/ being below gcd, but I don't want long chaos bolt casts either.

I'm trying a new reforge, I made some sims and the best i could get overrall for my gear was the reforge i'm wearing now. which is 7747 haste and 7477 crit.

about the weapons, I don't make the strategies, if it's worse, I'm sure the officers and raid leaders will figure it out, since we're not in a bad position for a guild who raids 2times a week, they must not be that bad "heuheuheuheuhe"

I play 25, so some of these may not apply if you're a 10m guy.

Play destro.

Havoc cleave weapons (the ones that you kill, not the ones you end up baiting, unless you're at the end of p1 or something with havoc up, havoc the one you baited). Immolate has handy bug with havoc where if there is an immo duration on the main target, the havoc'd target will get the pandemic'd duration of immo (eg: 20+ seconds). I abuse this to hell and back to generate a lot more embers on this fight as I near constantly have 2 immolates rolling (I usually immo -> conflag -> incinerate the 3 havoc charges).

Keep at least 1, if not 2 conflag charges for when the MC is coming out. Breaking people out instantly is worth more raid dps than keeping your rotation flawless. This will bite you when you get MC'd, but everyone should hold similar CDs.

I run KJC for this as I am in the baiting group (seriously, if you guys aren't baiting, tell your officers they're idiots, this is such a huge dps gain on Garrosh).

Abuse RoF anytime you are hitting 2+ targets, especially p1. P1 is massive ember generation.

Unless you need to soak Malice, you can sun Soul Link for this fight, which gives me close to 1m hp raid buffed. I NEVER need to grab the 50% dmg reduction orbs in the intermission phases. This allows some flexibility for other raid members to grab it.

Speaking of the first intermission phase - go into it with 4 embers. Also make sure you're on a far group as you can rof the first 3 groups you see while running (2 at the entrance / 1 at the tunnel).

The DPS that matters in the fight is P2 and P3, which is 99% Single target(1% Mind Control) and Destro is the better spec for Single target, adding in being able to use Havoc on CD(on weapons) for ember generation makes Destro jump ahead even more. Aff, since 5.4, only has padding capabilities, you don't gain any single target increase from multi-dotting anymore.

Go Aff since you aren't meeting DPS checks. I usually average 270-280m single target boss damage while most Destro locks can't push past 250m single target. You can extend your dots first phase as you would on fallen protectors by extending them off the desecrated weapon and the wolf rider.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

What about sacrificial pact? My lock friend which downed heroic garry said to me that if you use sacrificial pact while mc'd you not only lose health which helps removing the mc, but the shield wont deplete while your friends hit you, so it's basically instant 25% health damage + a shield that prevents you from dying and stays a while after you get out of mc.

is glyph of unending resolve good here?

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Go Aff since you aren't meeting DPS checks. I usually average 270-280m single target boss damage while most Destro locks can't push past 250m single target. You can extend your dots first phase as you would on fallen protectors by extending them off the desecrated weapon and the wolf rider.
    Phase 1 DPS does not matter in this fight, there is no advantage by doing Phase 1 in 1 minute or 2 minutes since the boss heals to full.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    What about sacrificial pact? My lock friend which downed heroic garry said to me that if you use sacrificial pact while mc'd you not only lose health which helps removing the mc, but the shield wont deplete while your friends hit you, so it's basically instant 25% health damage + a shield that prevents you from dying and stays a while after you get out of mc.

is glyph of unending resolve good here?
    Whirling corruption is on a 50~ second CD, the cast is about 8-10 seconds and sac pact lasts for 20. You want to use sac pact 10 seconds before the first whirling, and the 2nd one will be get perfectly timed. This is mainly for after you get out of the 2nd transition though, since we afk in the 2nd (lol. /ashamed) we get 2 whirlings before we push him to the 3rd phase, and one during it. I have sac pact up for all 3 if I pull this off properly. I wouldn't recommend going any other of the 3 talents for this fight. Using it the way you described could be useful if you struggle to get people out but I'd recommend trying to turn on burning rush, just be careful so you don't kill yourself.

I glyph eternal resolve but I could see unglyphed be good if you use it properly.

Destro should be the go to spec definitely, as it will get you the most consistent damage through phase 3 and 4, which is what matters anyway. I could see affliction being really strong in 1st transition though, if you struggle there.

I find haste better than crit in general, but on this fight it's especially good for the siege engineer soloing (I'm 10m) and for the 1st transition. I find haste better for burst with chaos bolts.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2014-02-15 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Phase 1 DPS does not matter in this fight, there is no advantage by doing Phase 1 in 1 minute or 2 minutes since the boss heals to full.
    You are just obnoxiously wrong. Most strats are based around 2 weapons being dropped in group. When you don't meet the 2 weapon DPS check and a 3rd set of adds come a long with a 3rd weapon causing ranged to run out people start to die. Especially if the weapon is placed improperly and you are 3 healing it.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    You are just obnoxiously wrong. Most strats are based around 2 weapons being dropped in group. When you don't meet the 2 weapon DPS check and a 3rd set of adds come a long with a 3rd weapon causing ranged to run out people start to die. Especially if the weapon is placed improperly and you are 3 healing it.
    we're doing the 2 weapons strat, if the third wave of adds spawn, we wipe, basically the dps requirement is kinda high, even considering that we are out gearing the boss 574.9x raid ilvl

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XQNXs4Ao9gHJQ/

Not saying it is the absolute best method but it should help you achieve optimal performance.

25m locks usually take Soul Link because it is hard to see the benefit of 1 individual not needing healing. But, in a 10m, SacPac is absolutely required. If you are doing 3 EWC in total, then SacPact can soak all 3 and you can use UR on the 3rd in order to bait the desecrate to Africa. This allows you to tell your healers to 100% ignore you during whirlings and intermission 1. As Destro you can EASILY get through intermission 1 without a single heal from an outside source. Always go into burst dmg taken scenarios with 3+ embers so you can emergency ember tap. Regardless of whether or not Aff can pull 5% ish more dps on this fight, Destro's survivability far outweighs it on progression. Especially on 10m where breaking MC's isn't faceroll. Aff is the worst out of all specs for breaking MC's, and Destro is probably one of the better caster specs for breaking them. It's a no brainer, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XQNXs4Ao9gHJQ/

Not saying it is the absolute best method but it should help you achieve optimal performance.
    very helpful, thanks