Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    OK, let's see here:
    "(idiomatic, intransitive) To become simpler in expression or content; to become unacceptably simplistic."
    This is exactly what "simplify" means.
    You really don't understand such a basic concept of natural language communication as usual meaning? Now, that's depressing.

Ruleset has nothing to do with complexity/simplicity. Complexity is much better described in terms of the number of different positions happening in games.
    Good! Checkers have about 10^24, Chess 10^48 and Go 10^100 combinations. Go have 1 type of figures and really simple rules, yet the game is more complex. So, how your "mtg have more rules and mtg cards are more complex" shows the prove of it having larger number of positions than Hearthstone, assuming card pools of the same size?

Again, the dissimilarities between MtG and Hearthstone are really crucial. to the point you CAN'T compare them "part by part", ignoring the structural integrity, as you can't do the same to Chess and Checkers or Chess and Go, as the results would be meaningless.
    Last edited by Mithfin; 2014-02-21 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Implacable View Post
    I started winning like 50-60% of the matches but eventually I got my ass handed in in most of the matches, frustration got the best of me and i quit a few months ago.
    The above sums it up of what I have been saying for 2 months now and why these idiotic mods keep banning me for saying so.

It makes me sad. Hearthstone had it all: the Art, the Graphs, the Interface, but the fact is ... they neglected the PVE part of the game completely.

Beta takes for ages, iPad conversion takes for ages. ... And couple this with the bugged match making and monthly ladder resets and - like I predicted - FRUSTRATION - takes the upper hand.

The first signs of losing interest is showing in huge red flags already: far lesser players viewing Twitch, losing ground on Xfire. I am quite convinced Blizzard already noticed these signs.

IF it had a perfect introduction, limited beta period, iPad launch by now and some great PVE stuff with perfected PvP seeding per level, the game could have reached epic massive popularity. It could have been used to put the WoW franchise back on the HOT map again.

As it stands now it is just another game, lackluster supported and more for the Geeks than for Mrs Casual. Blizzard already has that Geek Market and HoS will just add another game to the Geek stable.

But Hearthstone fails to grab the long term casual markets. A pity as it could have meant dozens of millions of players and a really huge market.

Sad. HS could have been a financial savior after the D3 debacle of the upcoming D3 expansion. It ALL depends on WoD now ... or Irvine could find itself in a real bloodbath. Let's hope for Blizzard the lvl 90's in WoD will work out, but all we can say for now: Hearthstone as such did not "change the world" at all.

(as their marketing slogan mentioned)

Stop derailing with game bashing
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-21 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I agree with you OP.

One day i decide to play 1 game of hearthstone, i was versing a warrior. He drops a 2 mana legendary unit, ok no big deal (but, keep in mind he has a FULL hand all the time, assuming he is trolling me). Then another turn comes by he puts down another legendary (5 mana), ok i am getting kinda pissed now. Then he drops the DREAM DRAGON, then i was really about to rage quit, but i decided to man up and keep trying. Then he drops ragnaros the firelord, so at this point "OK, I AM GOING TO WIN!!! HAHA" (sarcasm), then when my health pool got low his final card was grommash hellscream golden card, drops an inner rage on him and just finishes me off.

At this point. i thought this game is completely fair (HAHA, not) so overall legendaries are kinda required.
    the same happened to me :/

used all of my removal and silence stuff on things like ragnaros and ysera just to get eaten alive by an enraged Hellscream. ^^" And this guy throw like 10 legendarys in my face till that point.

Legendaries in this game remind me of the legendary staff from FL and Shadowmourne in arena. If you have them, You don't have to be good to win or even get a good title. Like I said in a previous post, To me, HS is frustrating because you aren't playing hundreds or even thousands of different players. You are only playing maybe 4 to 5. The 4 to 5 people who thought up certain decks and the rest of HS population copied and plays the same. To me, Thats no fun. I like the thought of building my own deck and working towards getting my card without using money. I know going out on a limb here but people can't possibly think they are brilliant or intelligent or even good at this game when you are doing something that someone else thought of can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    You really don't understand such a basic concept of natural language communication as usual meaning? Now, that's depressing.
    This insult is irrelevant to the discussion. I won't talk to you until you learn such a basic concept as respect to other people, but hopefully you will get to talk to one of the moderators?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This insult is irrelevant to the discussion. I won't talk to you until you learn such a basic concept as respect to other people, but hopefully you will get to talk to one of the moderators?
    Well, discussion was pointless anyways. You can't talk to a demagogue who purposefully ignores your reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The above sums it up of what I have been saying for 2 months now and why these idiotic mods keep banning me for saying so.

It makes me sad. Hearthstone had it all: the Art, the Graphs, the Interface, but the fact is ... they neglected the PVE part of the game completely.

Beta takes for ages, iPad conversion takes for ages. ... And couple this with the bugged match making and monthly ladder resets and - like I predicted - FRUSTRATION - takes the upper hand.

The first signs of losing interest is showing in huge red flags already: far lesser players viewing Twitch, losing ground on Xfire. I am quite convinced Blizzard already noticed these signs.

IF it had a perfect introduction, limited beta period, iPad launch by now and some great PVE stuff with perfected PvP seeding per level, the game could have reached epic massive popularity. It could have been used to put the WoW franchise back on the HOT map again.

As it stands now it is just another game, lackluster supported and more for the Geeks than for Mrs Casual. Blizzard already has that Geek Market and HoS will just add another game to the Geek stable.

But Hearthstone fails to grab the long term casual markets. A pity as it could have meant dozens of millions of players and a really huge market.

Sad. HS could have been a financial savior after the D3 debacle of the upcoming D3 expansion. It ALL depends on WoD now ... or Irvine could find itself in a real bloodbath. Let's hope for Blizzard the lvl 90's in WoD will work out, but all we can say for now: Hearthstone as such did not "change the world" at all.

(as their marketing slogan mentioned)
    So basically you quit because you lost a few times?...

Yes you are going to face opponents who can have multiple legendaries in their deck, and yes you might even lose against them or you might get a bit lucky and even beat the crap out of them. It can go either way.

Maybe you know Twitch views decreased because of how everyone can join in now for free instead of watching Miracle Rogue vXXX or some random dude with a 6-7 legendary carded deck...
    And I dont know what you exactly mean with financial savior. I'm pretty sure that they had quite a nice income from all the boosters people have bought...

Oh shut up, mr tough/talk-shit behind your monitor underneath your parents basement

Deleted
    Game is worse than lol and utterly rng based.. I remember watching the first world finals at blizzcon and thinking every game came down to who got ragnaros down first and if ragnaros fireballs would do well.. Every match ended like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Game is worse than lol and utterly rng based.. I remember watching the first world finals at blizzcon and thinking every game came down to who got ragnaros down first and if ragnaros fireballs would do well.. Every match ended like that.
    Pretty much. There's a reason why the "championships" for Hearthstone are a pretty big joke that only Blizzard takes seriously.