Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_...the_Third_Army

Patton's speech to the Third Army is my favorite. George C. Scott did a pretty good version of it in the movie, but it was too 'cleaned up' I thought.

Last edited by Naxere; 2014-02-14 at 01:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

No music version here of the Charlie Chaplin speech

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    No doubt about it. The speeches this guy had, amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna post the OP video... but he did it already.

damn you trevor.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    His drill is the drill that creates the heavens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

This is more of a talk than a speech, but something about it really resonated with me when I first it and I have watched it so many times again.

Not sure if this link work, Im tablet.
    This is not the greatest speech ever, but its a great movie and a great little speech. Michael Douglas is boss.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9mWAxHpeew
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    No doubt about it. The speeches this guy had, amazing.

Hitler's speeches were empty of content, his voice scratchy and his charisma non-existent. In many ways he was the ultimate demagogue.

"I immediately disliked him because of his scratchy voice," says Herbert Richter, a German veteran of WWI who encountered Hitler in Munich in the early 1920s.

"He shouted out really, really simple political ideas. I thought he wasn't quite normal."

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    Hitler's speeches were empty of content, his voice scratchy and his charisma non-existent. In many ways he was the ultimate demagogue.

"I immediately disliked him because of his scratchy voice," says Herbert Richter, a German veteran of WWI who encountered Hitler in Munich in the early 1920s.

"He shouted out really, really simple political ideas. I thought he wasn't quite normal."
    I'm not trying to praise Hitler, but there's a reason why he rose to power and was even voted Times magazine person of the year back then before the holocaust began, and it was mainly because he was such a great speech giver. When people look back at that time and Hitler of course they're biased because of the horrors he did and therefore try to diminish his skills giving a speech

But you don't need content for a great speech.

Hitler was a populist. His manner, appearance, composure and aggression was absolutely spot on to attract the disenfranchised, uneducated, masses of the lower classes.

Of course anyone who can at least think critically and is not hate-bound by insecurity can easily see through his speeches. Unfortunately, most people don't. I'm not trying to elevate myself in saying this, and I feel rather bad about admitting it, but this is how populism works.

Gotta be this awesome adlib from Patton........Oswalt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    Figures, Hans Zimmer backing the speech. I would have loved to listen to Chaplins performance but that music. But it further shows how we all need a damn hollywood production to value something or learn.
    It's one of Hans Zimmer's best pieces and fits the speech perfectly.
    Putin khuliyo

I guess you guys have never seen Nelson Mandela's trial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Su6d6X8rn4

Deleted
    https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/selassie.htm

Appeal To The League of Nations.
    Haile Selassie
    June 1936

The first one is long but well worth it and really is one of the better things I have ever watched. The 2nd one is just funny and a little levity is needed sometimes.

"Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

One of my favorites. Sure to piss off a lot of people here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    One of my favorites. Sure to piss off a lot of people here though.
    Mostly because the words "I'm sorry for fucking over this country for the foreseeable future." weren't present.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I was prepared to say the same thing as soon as I read the title of this thread. Such an incredible, moving speech that it still sends chills down the spine all these years later.
    Pretty much what I came here to say.

Again, not a speech:

Last edited by AeneasBK; 2014-02-14 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.