Deleted

Hunter 4 set question

So i was wondering about the 4 set we get as survival with the extra explosive shots we get from Lock and load. Should i spam Explosive shot until i run out of procs (if i get many in a row) even if my other spells come of cooldown?

Yes, just spam it, if you manage to spam an ES 9 times, reapply Black Arrow then to ensure max uptime. Let Serpent drop but use all of your cooldowns on cooldown (Rapid Fire, Blood Fury/Berserking, Synapse Springs etc).

Keep using Explosive Shot and use Black Arrow once your LnL ICD is ready or you are focus capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Keep using Explosive Shot and use Black Arrow once your LnL ICD is ready or you are focus capped.
    its a dps loss to weave in a focus dump instead of spamming explosive shot when focus capped. you're using your highest dps ability, so it doesn't matter if you're capped. the only exception obviously being to refresh ba after the lnl icd has expired, as you mentioned.
    Last edited by reef; 2014-02-14 at 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling :3

Spam the hell out of it. If SS or black arrow are about to fall off or you are focus capped, let it happen and worry about it after you finish spamming. Spamming explosive shot is top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Spam the hell out of it. If SS or black arrow are about to fall off or you are focus capped, let it happen and worry about it after you finish spamming. Spamming explosive shot is top priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    its a dps loss to weave in a focus dump instead of spamming explosive shot when focus capped. you're using your highest dps ability, so it doesn't matter if you're capped. the only exception obviously being to refresh ba after the lnl icd has expired, as you mentioned.
    Putting Black Arrow at >90 focus above LnL procs in Simcraft is a 1% DPS increase. Unless you have numbers that say otherwise you should stop posting anecdotal crap as facts.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-02-14 at 01:53 PM.

Putting Black Arrow at >90 focus above LnL procs in Simcraft is a 1% DPS increase.
    To anyone wondering why when you've been fed much the opposite from guides etc, Black Arrow DPE is higher than ES.

Putting Black Arrow at >90 focus above LnL procs in Simcraft is a 1% DPS increase. Unless you have numbers that say otherwise you should stop posting anecdotal crap as facts.
    i never post anecdotal information. all of my information has been researched here with the lovely "stop posting anecdotal crap" community and other reputable sources. if it is wrong, then so be it, but it is not information solely based on my personal experiences. i've followed this information for nearly 6 months now based off of multiple threads covering the topic. i went ahead and tried to find some of those threads below. these threads are only a few of the various others i could also dig up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    You do, lost Explosive Shots are a bigger damage loss compared to lost Serpent Sting or Black Arrow ticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I like to make sure that I have BA up on the target whenever L&L is proc-able again or when I have a crap ton of procs to snapshot a BA.
    Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    In fact, perhaps it is better to look at this the other way around; How long a downtime of SrS would you need to have made refreshing it worthwhile? The above example suggests that 4 ticks would be the breakpoint or 12s. That means you would require a highly unlikely lucky streak to make refreshing SrS worthwhile during LnL.

BA of course seems harder to measure as it is the source of our LnL procs but consider the icd of LnL (10s). Our most-likely scenario means we'll be out of LnL long before the icd has expired and thus, due to the low damage of BA, can also ignore refreshing BA while under LnL.
    I'd suggest that it is probably best to refresh BA under LnL if you have cast 8+ consecutive ExS but not less.

tldr; Don't refresh SrS under LnL, don't refresh BA under LnL unless you've had a long (8+ casts) run of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    cant judge SrS and BA uptime with 4pc tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Saying she should have 100% BA uptime isn't really true. If your BA falls off during a LNL string of explosive shots, it is better to keep spamming the explosive shots until the ICD on LNL has reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    As far as I know, you would only stop casting Explosive Shots to get in a Stampede or AMoC (If trinket procs are up) and to reapply Black Arrow if the 10 sec cooldown to trigger Lock & Load is up.

Otherwise just keep spamming Explosive Shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    What some have recommended and what I generally do is to let BA fall during LnL and keep casting explosive shot until you run out of charges or if the LnL internal cooldown is ready (10 consecutive expl) then reapply BA.
    like i said, if these are wrong, then so be it, but what i posted earlier in this thread was not something i made up on the spot.

Most of those posts are anecdotal and/or unsure about BA's status in re: refreshing. And Roger is in the best guild in the world, but he's not really a theorycrafter.

The fact is: BA has a higher priority than ES once the LnL ICD is over (which is very easy to reach with 4pc). That has been shown as true in SimCraft.

What kind of DPS increase % wise do most people see once accumulating their 4 pc bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The fact is: BA has a higher priority than ES once the LnL ICD is over (which is very easy to reach with 4pc). That has been shown as true in SimCraft.
    Quoted for Truth.

OP's question has been answered at last. Cue two pages of arguing and namecalling let's not go there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i never post anecdotal information. all of my information has been researched here with the lovely "stop posting anecdotal crap" community and other reputable sources. if it is wrong, then so be it, but it is not information solely based on my personal experiences. i've followed this information for nearly 6 months now based off of multiple threads covering the topic. i went ahead and tried to find some of those threads below. these threads are only a few of the various others i could also dig up.

*quote snip*

like i said, if these are wrong, then so be it, but what i posted earlier in this thread was not something i made up on the spot.
    Whilst you're backing yourself up by saying it's not your own anecdotal evidence, what you're linking is just other people's, and the only person that I recognise is Rogerbrown. That doesn't exactly prove him wrong, imo.

Personally, I still follow the rule of spamming free ES's until the LNL cd is at 2 seconds (maybe 2.5 if accounting for travel time) and then I refresh BA.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Whilst you're backing yourself up by saying it's not your own anecdotal evidence, what you're linking is just other people's, and the only person that I recognise is Rogerbrown. That doesn't exactly prove him wrong, imo.

Personally, I still follow the rule of spamming free ES's until the LNL cd is at 2 seconds (maybe 2.5 if accounting for travel time) and then I refresh BA.
    i'm not trying to prove them wrong, i'm just linking quotes that i have agreed with since t16 began. if all of them consist of anecdotal evidence, then forgive me.

i do the same thing as you and eschatological, as i mentioned in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is the right answer for max dps