Page 1 of 2
LastLast

no feral buffs this patch

looking at the class representation now, ferals/moonkins, rets, ww monks are all underperforming, do blizzard not care about pvp at all until WOD?
    its a little annoying having to either reroll or play an underperforming class for an entire patch. what do you guys think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrirx View Post
    looking at the class representation now, ferals/moonkins, rets, ww monks are all underperforming, do blizzard not care about pvp at all until WOD?
    its a little annoying having to either reroll or play an underperforming class for an entire patch. what do you guys think
    They havent cared about pvp balance since pvp was implemented in the game. The next season will be worse of than the current one.
    No nerfs to retardedly overpowered classes and no buffs to underperforming classes.

Pvp is shit balance-wise and thats why all the great pvpers started playing other stuff or left the game completely.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrirx View Post
    I don't recall feral being underpowered... feral is fine.. spriests/boomkin I would call underpowered.. and specs like feral/ret seem to be on the good line.

War/rogue/hunters/mage/warlock need adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I don't recall feral being underpowered... feral is fine.. spriests/boomkin I would call underpowered.. and specs like feral/ret seem to be on the good line.

War/rogue/hunters/mage/warlock need adjustments.
    It is funny cause you have a shadow priest on your sig. Shadows have the same representation of ferals and ret combined.

Rets are terrible right now, they absolutely lack defensives and their damage outside cooldowns is very, very low. They are getting even worse next season since their main defensive ability is self healing and that is getting nerfed.
    Ferals lack controll right now, next season they might also lack defensives as they nerfed HotW and healing scale will go down.

Monks are really hard to compare, they have never been popular, so it is hard to tell if they need some buffs or just very few people are playing them. They do hit like a truck in their burst (140k SRK anyone?), probably paralysis should last longer at longer CD or have a different DR.

I would almost say ferals are balanced atm, its just a whole lot of other classes are not.

thats because ferals are madness in pve dps, so giving them anything that could be used in pve like control/utility etc is rather an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    I would almost say ferals are balanced atm, its just a whole lot of other classes are not.
    Considering that ferals compete with those broken classes, they are not balanced =p
    Even so, their lack of CC is ridiculous anoying, you basically have two modes, run for your life and dps bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    thats because ferals are madness in pve dps, so giving them anything that could be used in pve like control/utility etc is rather an insult.
    How so? As far as I am concerned every mob in SoO is immune to cyclone.

Ferals are so-so balance wise. They aren't weak weak, but they just can't compete with warriors/hunters/mages/rogues. The most annoying part for me is that they've taken an awesome spec with a large toolkit of CC and playstyles and forced Ferals into a boring one-dimensional train playstyle. You literally have 0 CC, so the only thing you can do is train 1 target and hope your partners play the game for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral is just lower then normal because of Warriors. Warriors are easier to play (by a mile), take no skill and deal retarded amounts of damage that it outshines anything skillwise ferals can do. When Warriors go back to dogshit status with the launch of the new season, feral will move up but will be inferior to Rogues.

Rets are terrible right now, they absolutely lack defensives and their damage outside cooldowns is very, very low. They are getting even worse next season since their main defensive ability is self healing and that is getting nerfed.
    Yes poor Ret. Did you know that the entire DK class has lower Rep than Ret paladins? I'm surprised nobody on these forums has even talked about how terrible DK's are at high mmr. The class itself just reeks of "same old shit" because that's literally what it is.

It's okay though, the unholy might buff + the new gear should bring DK's over Warriors very soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Feral is just lower then normal because of Warriors. Warriors are easier to play (by a mile), take no skill and deal retarded amounts of damage that it outshines anything skillwise ferals can do. When Warriors go back to dogshit status with the launch of the new season, feral will move up but will be inferior to Rogues.
    Surely you must mean launch of the new expansion?

There are no changes at all on the PTR indicating that warrior/rogue/mage/hunter-dominance will even change the slightest.
    If anything they will be even more overpowered due to higher stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the ptr i often see ferals wrecking people, pretty fast too, also dk`s seem to scale very well with the new gear, i see UH dks beating warriors pretty often, i am more concerned about Spriest and Ret, you would think the increase in stats would make them better? well since blizz dont like hybrids they decide to buff Battle fatigue, silly me thinking healing with FoL for 25k was bad, shame on me! also, as long as Hunter/rouge/warr/mage stay like this you will see pretty much the same comps in 2`s and 3`s

as a ww monk, i really like the class and think we are pretty good as we are just some other classes are out of wack and we lack the swifty 1 shot ability out of the gate. Monk can be frustrating with bad ping/latency since skillshots miss when they appear to be within range. Would be nice if para had a longer cd with a longer duration. Healing without cooldowns seems to be lackluster, but could just be a result of battle fatigue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are specs not classes, and fuck em. Blizzard is not good at balancing, they are not good at dealing with PVE's influence, trying to get all 34 specs PVP rank 1 competitive is a retarded pipe dream and we all know it. So fuck ret, feral, ww, fury, combat, arcane, demo... Take 1 spec per class, which is healing if the class has that role, and balance it out dam well.

Feral has always been a rogue rip off, just play a rogue already.
    WW monks as well, play a rogue.
    Ret Pally, yeah time to lose the safety bubble and pick one of the other 2 2h dps classes.
    Moonkin-ele, roll a mage.
    Shadow - Lock
    and so on and so forth.

They are giving out free 90s, take advantage of it and pick a class with a mainspec thats the role you want to play.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-02-16 at 04:28 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Those are specs not classes, and fuck em. Blizzard is not good at balancing, they are not good at dealing with PVE's influence, trying to get all 34 specs PVP rank 1 competitive is a retarded pipe dream and we all know it. So fuck ret, feral, ww, fury, combat, arcane, demo... Take 1 spec per class, which is healing if the class has that role, and balance it out dam well.

Ret Pally, yeah time to lose the safety bubble and pick one of the other 2 2h dps classes.
    Shadow - Lock
    and so on and so forth.

They are giving out free 90s, take advantage of it and pick a class with a mainspec thats the role you want to play.

This might be the most ignorant post ive read so far this year. "hurr durr your spec is dumb. pick another one!".

Why not just have 4 classes. Mage, Rogue, Warrior and Priest and be done with it? That would be so fun. Not...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post

Shadow - Lock
    and so on and so forth.

PVP has been reaching over and messing up PVE many times then vice versa. besides your class is doing pretty damn well in PVP(Warriors).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    This might be the most ignorant post ive read so far this year. "hurr durr your spec is dumb. pick another one!".
    You don't read many of his posts!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    It is funny cause you have a shadow priest on your sig. Shadows have the same representation of ferals and ret combined.

Ferals lack controll right now, next season they might also lack defensives as they nerfed HotW and healing scale will go down.

Monks are really hard to compare, they have never been popular, so it is hard to tell if they need some buffs or just very few people are playing them. They do hit like a truck in their burst (140k SRK anyone?), probably paralysis should last longer at longer CD or have a different DR.
    I tend to also only look at rep.. but that's just no longer the case.. rets aren't terrible.. same counts for feral.. spriests at this point are in a weird spot to say if it's balanced compared to some others. Just saying that feral is in a good spot just others aren't.

ferals are still valiable as flagcarrier on RBG, arena yes lacking cc hurt to play high ratings, I would be glad to get back berserk's fear immunity as compenstation of taking away cyclone...
    ww monks are fine with their absorbs\stuns\movements and that retarded op Touch of Karma...
    rest underrepresented, but that cause other people building bad reputation for them, it all depends on the person playing class well, timing cds and roll out ccs
    I don't play arena much, but do rbg alot - and people just want exactly setups which mentioned in guides and stayed from start of expansion..
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-02-16 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    ferals are still valiable as flagcarrier on RBG, arena yes lacking cc hurt to play high ratings, I would be glad to get back berserk's fear immunity as compenstation of taking away cyclone...
    ww monks are fine with their absorbs\stuns\movements and that retarded op Touch of Karma...
    rest underrepresented, but that cause other people building bad reputation for them, it all depends on the person playing class well, timing cds and roll out ccs
    I don't play arena much, but do rbg alot - and people just want exactly setups which mentioned in guides and stayed from start of expansion..

YES, YES, YES.

It blows when you use Berserk and you get some combination of horrified, feared, and stunned for like 10-15 seconds, and that's with using your trinket. It's really riveting game play!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    YES, YES, YES.

It blows when you use Berserk and you get some combination of horrified, feared, and stunned for like 10-15 seconds, and that's with using your trinket. It's really riveting game play!
    It's no different than a Shaman popping Ascendance then getting Disarmed and stunned twice, or a War popping all his CDs and getting disarmed or stunned. A rogue's dance can be disarmed for nearly the full duration as well.

Every classes big CDs can be locked down, that's kind of the point. Remember when Warrior Avatar gave immunity to roots for 24 seconds? Yeah, that was dumb. Big CDs are supposed to be manageable, otherwise the game would devolve into running in and blowing all your CDs and killing someone in 5 seconds.

That being said, Feral needs something, but I'm really not sure what. They aren't exactly bad, it's kind of more like other classes are just too good. Why take a Feral over a Rogue? There's no reason to, Rogues are better in every situation. So it kind of makes it awkward, cause if you buff ferals they'll just be another overpowered class people complain about.