Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    CM gets FoS huge achievmentpointloss... -.-

    Do we really lose all point for CMs, when they get FoS with 6.0? Thats stupid -.-

  2. #2
    That's interesting, that is a shitload of achievement points to lose. I think if anything, only Gold should be a FoS, or perhaps the Meta for the Golds. I guess if this happens we should just look forward to the fact that WoD will release a ton of achievements no doubt.

  3. #3
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,724
    Why does it matter? Everyone will lose them not just you. I have gold CM's and I couldn't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  4. #4
    How do you know they aren't going to still be around?

  5. #5
    The Patient Wiredmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    In the Mountains
    Posts
    276
    I agree that this is preposterous. I wouldn't have even touched Challenge Modes if it were not for the AP reward. To me; the Transmog and Mount really don't mean that much.
    Last edited by Wiredmana; 2014-02-14 at 07:20 PM.

  6. #6
    you know its like, i have a goal i set to get 19k before the exp hits, i am working on it quite a time, and now they take us like over 400 points? wtf i dont care about FoS i wanna keep my points #angry (i am not the one complaining about stuff blizz does, almost never did, but when it come to touching my achievmentpoints, i get angry! )

  7. #7
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,724
    Should all the people who did the old wotlk metas be enraged because they lost some achievement points?
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  8. #8
    That doesn't even qualify as "first world problems"...

  9. #9
    You'll still have a mount and set of gear that no one will be able to obtain anymore... so... take what you get and be happy with it?

  10. #10
    Achievement Points have no in-game or real-world value, so there's no reason to be upset that you're losing them. You're gaining several Feats of Strength, anyway, which should be more than enough consolation.

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk mrgummage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    1,930
    Gonna be sad that I don't get chance to get the CM Gold gear
    mrgummage#2816 | Grand Marshal Hottage | Warlords of Draenor Beta Club
    ASUS N53SM : Intel i7 2.2Ghz (3.1Ghz Turbo) : 16GB DDR3 : Geforce GT 630M : Samsung 840 EVO 1TB : Windows 8.1 Pro
    RETLOL: The Guide

  12. #12
    lol are people really mad about ap point loss ? who cares

  13. #13
    The Patient Wiredmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    In the Mountains
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Should all the people who did the old wotlk metas be enraged because they lost some achievement points?
    ...Yes?
    I feel achievements are achievements and should not be taken away.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Should all the people who did the old wotlk metas be enraged because they lost some achievement points?
    seems legit for me yea, come on, i am really the only one who is angry about that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Achievement Points have no in-game or real-world value, so there's no reason to be upset that you're losing them. You're gaining several Feats of Strength, anyway, which should be more than enough consolation.
    i disagree with you in that point, it comes to the player what they see as a value, for me they are a big one

    but i see, most ppl cant understand me, so i better shut up and mimimi for myself...
    Last edited by JaqenHghar; 2014-02-14 at 07:25 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    ...Yes?
    I feel achievements are achievements and should not be taken away.
    They aren't taken away, they become Feats of Strength. And on top of that, you get the meta-reward mount or whatever it may be that no players will ever be able to get again except rarely on the BMAH for oodles of gold. What's the issue here?

  16. #16
    Mechagnome wholockian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    world's shittiest country
    Posts
    540
    I don't want to say this is fact, because I could be wrong, but I thought that any achievement that grants you AP you keep forever. Meaning, if that achievement becomes a FoS, you can keep those points.

    I am an altoholic, but never got toons past 30. I am trying to refine my ways.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    I don't want to say this is fact, because I could be wrong, but I thought that any achievement that grants you AP you keep forever. Meaning, if that achievement becomes a FoS, you can keep those points.
    nope, anything granting achievement points must be currently obtainable, if its not obtainable then it will become a FoS, if it's like the season 15 achis, that is not yet obtainable but no-one has it so thats fine.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Shedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    I don't want to say this is fact, because I could be wrong, but I thought that any achievement that grants you AP you keep forever. Meaning, if that achievement becomes a FoS, you can keep those points.
    You are wrong.

    <Avalerion> - Top EU 6 hours per week raiding guild (14/14HC) recruiting for Mythic!

  19. #19
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    ...Yes?
    I feel achievements are achievements and should not be taken away.
    They aren't being taken away. They're become feat of strength. It's still an achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  20. #20
    The Patient Wiredmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    In the Mountains
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    They aren't taken away, they become Feats of Strength. And on top of that, you get the meta-reward mount or whatever it may be that no players will ever be able to get again except rarely on the BMAH for oodles of gold. What's the issue here?
    Not all achievements were converted to FoS.

    One I'm upset about most, while not related to the Meta, is [Against the Odds].

    There's also the point of hitting a milestone in Achievement Points, then having that milestone ripped away. Hitting 20k achievement points twice isn't something I'm looking forward to.
    Last edited by Wiredmana; 2014-02-14 at 07:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •