Deleted

giving up online games

sry for the incoming rant

I am really thinking into quitting online games. The reason is the amount of frustration they provide. The better you get the more angrier you get. There is no such thing in single player games. Also I hav the sensation that I am stagnating. I never get good I am just aveage

should I continue and try to improve or give up and switch to single player

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck with that. Many games now has some aspect of online. Might be better just to moderate the emotional attachment.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post

I am really thinking into quitting online games. The reason is the amount of frustration they provide. The better you get the more angrier you get. There is no such thing in single player games. Also I hav the sensation that I am stagnating. I never get good I am just aveage

I've never had this issue. Normally as I got better I got mad less, as I could see the mistakes I was making and how to correct them.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I've never had this issue. Normally as I got better I got mad less, as I could see the mistakes I was making and how to correct them.
    that sadly doesn't apply to team based games.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    that sadly doesn't apply to team based games.

Raiding in wow and playing BF3/BF4 with a clan/squad aren't team based games?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Part of the problem sounds like while you may like the game you aren't thoroughly enjoying it? Maybe there's a different genre that fits your tastes better or a different game completely. I'd say keep trying out different games till you find one that clicks for you.

Hahaha I know how you feel. Back when I was competitive with Quake 3 I used to RAGE all the time playing on public servers. It's just damn frustrating when you carry an entire team of 8-16 human players and are getting rocked by the other team. Nearly blood boiling. I think I went through quite a few keyboards from slamming my fist down so hard a few times.

/sigh

I'm a lot calmer now but I still throw a few expletives once in awhile. Online play makes me grumpy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Raiding in wow and playing BF3/BF4 with a clan/squad aren't team based games?
    you do have a point but then again i wasn't refering to wow or bf3

let's take some examples so you can understand what was i refering to

WoW - pvp and pve is somewhat team dependent. If let's say a dps fucks up it's not such a big deal. If a tank fucks up it can mean team wipe.
    Bf3 - i only played bfbc2 but i think that bf3 is somewhat the same. You need teamwork but you can easily win with random ppl.
    LoL - played it for a short period. Didn't like it. And yes you desperately need your team's supporting. Even if you got many kills and items in the end you cannot carry the team to victory without them helping you.
    Dota 2 - a hardcore version of LoL. I played it for 1 year(not consistently tho). In dota everything is SO relative. I mean if one person makes 1 mistake it can lead to a lost match. BUT those mistakes can mean nothing IF the team that you're playing with can make up for them. The team dependency through the game is enormous. Let me give you an insight: we have a 50 mins game. Both teams are kind of equal. A teamfight starts 5v5. But wait...we aren't 5v5... because the support/carry/pusher etc. decided that farming/going to base with full hp/etc. is better. The hard carry dies. 90 sec respawn time and no buyback gold. GG

or a 5v5 fight, the disablers can't properly stack stuns/ can't coordinate/can't react. The carry gets focused. GG

my point here is that most online games(well except hearthstone and starcraft) are based on a team. Which can be either good or bad. But the frustration comes when you try to win a ranked match that you're playing for 50 MINUTES, you're trying your best and then because of one dude that screwed up you easily lose.

And now here comes the good part. The community. Usually most ppl know that game communities are full of assholes. When you're asking things like:"hey why did i lost this match?" or :"why do i get teammates that are far below my level" you get answers like:" nub l2p", "because you're bad" etc.
    That's were single players game shine. You fuck up and die? no problem. Load save or restart from checkpoint and shazam you're good to go.

Deleted
    Sounds like you simply need to find a community that suits your skill level and makes you feel that it's worth sticking to it.

I never play Online games without a group of people to accompany me.

Before I played online games I played on a console mostly by myself and had more fun. The only time I had fun playing games online was with my friends. They are all gone now and so is the fun of online games.

No idea what you're talking about really,. but i can see some of it - mostly it's called elitism,.

just join the casual club - most of us do eventually
    It's a lot more relaxing, and still enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    No idea what you're talking about really,. but i can see some of it - mostly it's called elitism,.

just join the casual club - most of us do eventually
    It's a lot more relaxing, and still enjoyable.
    update: just discovered hearthstone and my soul is sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only form of competitive play I actively do is a few Starcraft 2 custom maps. I am really good in them, and, since these are custom maps and don't have any ladder attached to them, people there generally just have fun and rage very rare; of course sometimes they do, they are humans after all, but I learned to just ignore it.

If you play really competitively on some ladder system, like Starcraft 2 or League of Legends, or if you do serious team play, like WoW or SWTOR raiding - then, yes, you will be frustrated, so, if you are not into it, it is better to quit such games.