10+ Year Old Account

Lost authenticator wait time

So, I finally lost my authenticator. Of course I looked for it everywhere but I finally had to cave and call Blizzard. Except that now you can't call Blizzard anymore actually... so I submitted the ticket with a scanned ID. Has anyone had to deal with removing an authenticator after their customer support overhaul? I'm just wondering if I should expect to be able to play before Monday lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopajoo View Post
    So, I finally lost my authenticator. Of course I looked for it everywhere but I finally had to cave and call Blizzard. Except that now you can't call Blizzard anymore actually... so I submitted the ticket with a scanned ID. Has anyone had to deal with removing an authenticator after their customer support overhaul? I'm just wondering if I should expect to be able to play before Monday lol
    I Havent, but doing it over email it took less than a day.

May be worth moving to the mobile authenticator (it's free!) if you've got a smartphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I Havent, but doing it over email it took less than a day.

May be worth moving to the mobile authenticator (it's free!) if you've got a smartphone.
    That's the first thought that went through my head lol!! Thanks for the info, crossing my fingers because the weather is about to get real nasty again and I won't be able to really leave the house lol

I've done it before (had one of the first batches of Authenticators and the battery finally died), and for some reason I want to say that I had a reply within the hour. I then added the mobile authenticator to my acct and poof. All good.

Deleted
    Do it via email, take a picture of your passport on your phone, send it them and they will remove it. It took hours

10+ Year Old Account
    This won't help you now, but for you in the future and anyone else - turn on the SMS feature in your battle.net account settings. It will allow you to remove an authenticator on your own when it dies or you loose it, by texting you a passcode to your mobile phone.

Our main tank's authenticator was discovered dead 15 minutes before raid one night and he was able to remove it immediately that way. I didn't even know about the feature then; we all went and enabled it immediately. Blizzard should definitely pimp that more.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I reported the issue at 3:20pm EST and approximately 3 hours later it was resolved. I was worried that since it was on a Friday, I wouldn't hear from them till Monday lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    This won't help you now, but for you in the future and anyone else - turn on the SMS feature in your battle.net account settings. It will allow you to remove an authenticator on your own when it dies or you loose it, by texting you a passcode to your mobile phone.

Our main tank's authenticator was discovered dead 15 minutes before raid one night and he was able to remove it immediately that way. I didn't even know about the feature then; we all went and enabled it immediately. Blizzard should definitely pimp that more.
    It won't help me now but it'll save me this kind of frustration later. I mean I wasn't doing anything super serious, I was killing a rare on the timeless isle and then poof I was disconnected. Tried to log back in and it was time to be sad for a bit lol I will definitely be looking into the SMS feature.