Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Prestigious things that stayed when the content was current.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I wouldn't say they were removed for the better of the game. It made the game too simplistic. When WoW removed all those things, they lost subscribers.
    You are adding 1 and 1 together and getting 5.... A lot of those things are nostalgia..i missed old shadow priests but i see why they aren't here now...why would anyone pick a mage/warlock for raids if shadow priest provided equal dps, healing and infinite mana for healers?

Having to spam trade/ world chat for groups was just that tons and tons of spam, then you had to fly from sw to strat followed by having to wait 40minutes for the rest of the group and god forbid if anyone left you just had to quit and try again another day.

Then if the group was going ahead i had to spend 5minutes making food/water for everyone(yay 4 food per 5second cast), i even had to pay from my own money just to buff random strangers -.-

It's so obviously nostalgia yet you seem to be obvious to it 0o
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-02-14 at 10:11 PM.

I miss Arthas the most

There should be a way to bring him back.... it is Blizzard after all....

I miss class quests like the one for the Paladin Charger/ Warlock Dreadsteed. Hell, even the smaller ones like the shaman totem quests or warrior berserker stance.

I miss not loosing faith in humanity whenever I tank lfr.

I miss walking to a dungeon to do it, and the elites outside essentially an extension of the instance. Now half the people in a dungeon don't know where the hell the portal is if they die.

I miss Holy Shield

I miss the pre 3.3 lfg tool and lfg chat channel

I miss gearing up through heroics to do raids

I miss "take the player" mentality and not putting ridiculous gearing requirements on pug, the other day in trade chat, I saw someone forming normal MSV group requiring ilvl of 500....

I miss being able to level in cat form then tank a dungeon in bear form

Just to name a few. That being said, there is even more I DON'T miss.

Oh man, sweet. A list of things I don't miss at all.

Know what I miss? The feeling of an expansion coming out.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

As stated in all the 83843758374 topics Before this one, i still only miss attunement quests

And AV taking Days to complete
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2014-02-14 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    The community not being filled with absolute toxic players.
    This, above all else. The community affects almost every corner of the game (imagine that hur hur). While I don't miss sitting in trade for 2 hours trying to find a daily heroic group, at least the community was good. So good, even.

Otherwise...

Class and group quests. I hope the green fire thing is a gateway to some kind of class-specific questing / challenges, but I suspect it's not.

Attunements and other things like them that (I felt) added some depth to the world.

Things like that. Everything is too streamlined, now.

Deleted
    I miss the old raiding in 25 man as a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    What I do miss, above all, is having a villain that I truly dislike and want to tear down. One with a well thought out back story, when I face up against him/her it's capturing, and beyond epic/relieving when I take him out.
    Yeah this is what I miss the most as well. Fighting Garrosh didn't feel anywhere near as epic as Arthas and Illidan.

I also miss city raids before flying mounts where added. Riding in a huge mounted army through Stormwind really felt special even if it ended badly most times.

I'd agree it's not the exactly reason. I'm saying a lot of people didn't like how easy the game was becoming. Epics are pretty much handed to you. I am not a fan.
    Agree with the epics. I do miss the day feeling accomplished just having all epics. But then again being max level was a pretty big deal, and I think I'm in between with the way leveling is designed to be easier now. It's good that people can get to max level quicker and not be demoralized by such a thing, but at the same time soft environments like easy leveling breeds not only soft players, but soft entitled players.

And that could be the biggest thing that is wrong with WoW is the community. It is rampant population of bad, yet entitled players ruining the experience for others.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

To be able to log into the game

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    But the only time that epics weren't handed to you was in Vanilla. From BC onward epics were given out like candy.
    Epics were pretty common in vanilla too =P Just not pre MC vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

I'd agree it's not the exactly reason. I'm saying a lot of people didn't like how easy the game was becoming. Epics are pretty much handed to you. I am not a fan.
    so what people left to find a game that was more time consuming? like what exactly. I wouldn't have come back to the game if the current improvements were not in the game. Right now you can make the game as hard as you want it to be. Hell I could stop at LFR if i wanted to. Want more? Go to Flex/Normal. What was it like before? Have to be in an active guild and stay up for hours on end just to experience content.

The reason timeless isle exists so you dont have to go to the old pre ToT raids that no one does anymore besides for sigils, chimera, etc. It would not worth it to come back to the game to drudge through all that. Even the epic cape quest is setup to get high gear leveled people back into older content to get their runestones. Without this it would be horrible to get back into the game, or even making an alt unless you joined it at the beginning of the xpac because everyone is way past you.

BTW ive played since release, quit before ulduar, came back before cata, quit before firelands, came back in Dec '13. There are a lot of things that are gone that I dont miss.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 2014-02-14 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I think LG was zone specific and trade hit all the major cities? or something like that.
    Yep you are correct, as well as they only introduced it later in Classic. I believe sometime close to Naxx. Trade was changed to be able to be seen in all major cities so it was easier to spam in Trade than going to a zone and spamming it there. In most cases the zones had very few people in it that wanted to do the dungeon (I.E. DM [Dire Maul]).

Plus if I remember correctly LFG channel was done very weirdly. They had it implemented then removed it and then implemented it again. I might be remembering it wrong though.

I miss Hunters having mana.

I miss raids being exciting and challenging and the sense of accomplishment that raiding used to give.

I miss knowing loads of people on the server because of realm only PvP, and the community feel the game used to have.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They're not everywhere now. They're in the same place they've always been. You're just exposed to more of them through random grouping with other servers. It's no worse than it was in Vanilla/TBC. It's just our exposure to more people.
    While it would be nice to think that, I've seen nothing to indicate that it's the case. Not only are there huge amounts of toxic players in the cross realm stuff, more so than there were when it first became a thing, but there is a huge amount of them on each of the realms that I have 90s on. People in WoW in general are a lot less friendly to other players than they used to be. Players used to actually be helpful and understanding with newer players and help them to become better players. Now if a player makes a small mistake or admits to not knowing something more often than not I see them get screamed at, called a cancer to the group, made fun of, insulted, and ultimately chased away.

It's not a WoW problem though, it's a gaming in general problem. Gamers in general are a lot less helpful and friendly than they used to be in multiplayer games, and that's pretty scary considering we had a horrible reputation to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    so what people left to find a game that was more time consuming? like what exactly. I wouldn't have come back to the game if the current improvements were not in the game. Right now you can make the game as hard as you want it to be. Hell I could stop at LFR if i wanted to. Want more? Go to Flex/Normal. What was it like before? Have to be in an active guild and stay up for hours on end just to experience content.

The reason timeless isle exists so you dont have to go to the old pre ToT raids that no one does anymore besides for sigils, chimera, etc. It would not worth it to come back to the game to drudge through all that. Even the epic cape quest is setup to get high gear leveled people back into older content to get their runestones. Without this it would be horrible to get back into the game, or even making an alt unless you joined it at the beginning of the xpac because everyone is way past you.

BTW ive played since release, quit before ulduar, came back before cata, quit before firelands, came back in Dec '13. There are a lot of things that are gone that I dont miss.

There's someone with a realistic grasp. Congratulations.

A big part of WoW's charm is the fact that you can get back in it easy. That's why so many people leave and come back.

And yes, I played since Vanilla and honestly, looking back at it, Vanilla sucked. You might decide to select memories of the good times in Vanilla, we all had those, while ignoring the rest of the crap, but don't use that to form an opinion because that opinion would be biased.

Class uniqueness. Mana battery spriests, MS warriors, tank/raid healers, so on and so fourth.

I wouldn't say they were removed for the better of the game. It made the game too simplistic. When WoW removed all those things, they lost subscribers.
    1. you have no evidence it is the SOLE reason it lost subscribers though i will give you some

2. is everyone roflstomp full heroic 25 man kill garrosh? 'cause if not, then this game is definitely not too simplistic... however i do miss some thing like walking to dungeons (walking in general i hate portals. hate 'em hate 'em hate 'em!!!!!!!1111!!!1)

The new talent system is so much better than the old since for me, i have a hard time picking talents, thinking i might pick the wrong one. old talent system was just copy paste from wowhead, noxxic, thottbot, warcraft hunter's union ect... which you can still do here but it's easier to disagree with them now.

If you hate that ppl are getting "welfare epics" (I know you didn't say anything about that but it's a common complaint) and what not, then is it a simple matter of change the purples to blue and call it a day? or do you hate people doing the same content as you?

i miss the times before everyone became so anonymous.