Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I wouldn't say they were removed for the better of the game. It made the game too simplistic. When WoW removed all those things, they lost subscribers.
    1. you have no evidence it is the SOLE reason it lost subscribers though i will give you some

2. is everyone roflstomp full heroic 25 man kill garrosh? 'cause if not, then this game is definitely not too simplistic... however i do miss some thing like walking to dungeons (walking in general i hate portals. hate 'em hate 'em hate 'em!!!!!!!1111!!!1)

The new talent system is so much better than the old since for me, i have a hard time picking talents, thinking i might pick the wrong one. old talent system was just copy paste from wowhead, noxxic, thottbot, warcraft hunter's union ect... which you can still do here but it's easier to disagree with them now.

If you hate that ppl are getting "welfare epics" (I know you didn't say anything about that but it's a common complaint) and what not, then is it a simple matter of change the purples to blue and call it a day? or do you hate people doing the same content as you?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    While it would be nice to think that, I've seen nothing to indicate that it's the case. Not only are there huge amounts of toxic players in the cross realm stuff, more so than there were when it first became a thing, but there is a huge amount of them on each of the realms that I have 90s on. People in WoW in general are a lot less friendly to other players than they used to be. Players used to actually be helpful and understanding with newer players and help them to become better players. Now if a player makes a small mistake or admits to not knowing something more often than not I see them get screamed at, called a cancer to the group, made fun of, insulted, and ultimately chased away.

It's not a WoW problem though, it's a gaming in general problem. Gamers in general are a lot less helpful and friendly than they used to be in multiplayer games, and that's pretty scary considering we had a horrible reputation to begin with.
    You know why this is though, right? Because back then you were all sort of in the same boat and people were learning from one another. Now, everything you could possibly need is all over the internet for you to consume. And due to WoW's age, people can't fathom anyone being a new player so you're expected to just know everything already. I've seen people I've played with since Vanilla that are now total assholes to people because they dared show some curiosity as to how something works. You generally get "google is your friend" or "google is that way".

It's the overall community, older and newer players, that are being complete asshats. LFR or LFR didn't create them, age did. It's like how people think because they played in Vanilla, they automatically have a more valid opinion or they feel they're above players who started later. People are people. And people are jerks
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2014-02-14 at 10:36 PM.

Rarely updated...

i miss the times before everyone became so anonymous.

i miss WOTLK. trial of the grand crusade (something) and ICC as disc priest. shieldspam :')
    GPU: Asus DCII 780 @ 1228 / 6700 CPU: i2500k @ 4,7 Ghz Motherboard: P8Z68-VPRO PSU: Corsair TX 850W
    CPU-Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Ram: Corsair 2x 4gb = 8gb CL9 1600mhz

Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27inch 2560x1440 Mouse: QPAD 5K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Headset: QPAD QH-90 SSD: Intel 520, 240gb

I miss real guilds. What the hell happened when I was gone?

Easier raids in WOTLK. Could get to HC progression way faster back then. Also miss 40 player raids.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

icc 25 herioc GDKP is what i miss i use to make so much gold the heroic version of rotface dislodged foreign object one gdkp went for 150k i fell off my chair

Remember when you had to buy your skills and buy the different rankings of them?
    Or being a mage and having to buy Arcane Powder & runes for teleporting/portals?
    Or being a hunter and having to buy Arrows and bullets?
    Or the old Talent Tree system?
    Or Mounting at 40 for 80gold and 60 for 600gold
    Or the key rings

Ugh...So many awesome things...
    Seems like you're nostalgic, since the things you listed are some of the things the community had expressed to blizzard how those things had to go away or be changed. All the features today are just features that have been tweaked and improved over time.
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

I miss being one of two classes with sprint
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

The game is too instanced now. Everything meaningful in the game is locked in an instance. It makes the game world feel small and mostly irrelevant to players. The game doesn't feel like a "World" anymore, just an instance game.

It used to not be like this, but over time it inevitably went down that road due to their "end game is the real game" philosophy and their defining end-game as instanced raiding. Eventually the instances would outnumber the open world activities, players would become top heavy at level cap, and the game would revolve not around being in the "world" of Azeroth, but in instances.

It was a nice era to experience the game when it was more than daily hubs and teleportation to dungeons.

I miss back when the game wasn't dumbed down so much. Now the only difficult thing is heroic raids and even those half of the bosses are pretty much face roll. Now WoW is like kids' sports where everyone gets a trophy and no one has to feel bad.

Remember when you had to buy your skills and buy the different rankings of them?
    Or being a mage and having to buy Arcane Powder & runes for teleporting/portals?
    Or being a hunter and having to buy Arrows and bullets?
    Or the old Talent Tree system?
    Or Mounting at 40 for 80gold and 60 for 600gold
    Or the key rings

Ugh...So many awesome things...
    Remember it all and am glad it's all gone.
    Ex-Rogue; Ex-Paladin
    Mastery will fix it.

playing with my mates.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I started playing in BC and I really liked the idea of attunements for raids. I will agree that some tended to be long and arduous, but I loved the idea of raiding being a reward you worked toward.

On a related note, I liked it when raids only had one difficulty. Raids felt very hard, and I remember the immense joy I felt when I worked together with my guild after long hours of wipes to finally get a boss down. I can definitely understand why there are so many different difficulties now, but IMO raiding feels much less rewarding now than it used to.

<3 Kuragalolz for the signature and avatar

I wouldn't say they were removed for the better of the game. It made the game too simplistic. When WoW removed all those things, they lost subscribers.
    I think I see what you mean. Taking away all those little things kind of took alot of the depth out of the game.

WoW is to theme park style and linear these days. It's like blizz tell us what to do and we can only do that. There is no making your own fun, if you get what I mean.

I also agree with Shadee. Everything outside of heroic raiding is a joke. They've tried to bring back some difficulty with timeless isle, but getting randomly 1-shot by mobs I didn't even engage is not the difficulty I like, but I think we will get more of that in WoD.
    Last edited by Pai Mei; 2014-02-15 at 01:31 AM.

I miss the bear form, aquatic form and cure poison druid chains. Not to even mention Swift Flight Form and summoning Anzu. And that's just one class.

Old AV is the only thing I miss, and the old other BGs which could go on for loooong times.

More things to look forwards too than there are things to miss for me, people are generally confusing "Lack of content" with "Lack of content I want to do" for WoD, (Ashran, and the BG redos they are doing in 6.0 for instance), multiple timeless isles, and solo scenarios, among other things, next expansion will most likely make the new content amazing). I hope they have a rip off of Flappy birds/angry birds in Spires.
    Monk main Casual

people putting quotes in signatures are often retarded according to science.

The complexity of the game. Spell ranks. The fluidity of jumping without getting demomentumed in mid air. Customisable talent trees for PvP.

2H Enh Shaman, that and tanking as a shaman.
    Last edited by Roamingstorm; 2014-02-15 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    WOTLK. That's all i miss.
    Good to see the topic was nailed by the 3rd reply.

As you've probably guessed by this point, I completely agree. WotLK got it right and the game has never been as good since. Alas, it was a better design team that came up with it, so the chances of a repeat are extremely small.