Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you miss the most about WoW?

Remember when you had to buy your skills and buy the different rankings of them?
    Or being a mage and having to buy Arcane Powder & runes for teleporting/portals?
    Or being a hunter and having to buy Arrows and bullets?
    Or the old Talent Tree system?
    Or Mounting at 40 for 80gold and 60 for 600gold
    Or the key rings

Ugh...So many awesome things...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly shadow priest's ability to be mana battery/ backup healer...was nice feeling special, unique and wanted

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when you had to ask Trade and General for dungeons and had to actually WALK there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    WOTLK. That's all i miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. WOTLK was the last decent expansion IMO

A lot of the things you listed are personally more nostalgic than anything, but those changes were for the good of the game.

What I do miss, above all, is having a villain that I truly dislike and want to tear down. One with a well thought out back story, when I face up against him/her it's capturing, and beyond epic/relieving when I take him out.
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2014-02-14 at 09:49 PM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

A long long list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    A lot of the things you listed are personally more nostalgic than anything, but those changes were for the good of the game.

What I do miss, above all, is having a villain that I truly dislike and want to tear down.

I wouldn't say they were removed for the better of the game. It made the game too simplistic. When WoW removed all those things, they lost subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The community not being filled with absolute toxic players.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have Group, Will Travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I wouldn't say they were removed for the better of the game. It made the game too simplistic. When WoW removed all those things, they lost subscribers.
    Cmon dude, having arrows for a hunter and reagents for classes were just a nuisance, and is most definitely not the reason they lost subs.

They lost subs because of poor story after wrath, balancing, and various other reasons. And anyway, the subs just went up last quarter, I'd say a good portion who joined weren't disappointed they didn't have to go around getting petty reagents

edit: having to choose what mounts you found the most desirable HAD to be in your inventory, with the new system you can mount everything you have. Naw it improved the game removing things like these, and having those things didn't mean you were "skilled"
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2014-02-14 at 09:56 PM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    Or Mounting at 40 for 80gold and 60 for 600gold
    I remember all the people congratulating me for my 100% mount :<

As crazy as this sounds... I miss farming mobs... Oh and I miss that 1st time stepped into molten core where we wiped continuously throughout the trash, those to 1st golems made my mouth drop :<.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Cmon dude, having arrows for a hunter and reagents for classes were just a nuisance, and is most definitely not the reason they lost subs.

They lost subs because of poor story after wrath, balancing, and various other reasons. And anyway, the subs just went up last quarter, I'd say a good portion who joined weren't disappointed they didn't have to go around getting petty reagents

edit: having to choose what mounts you found the most desirable HAD to be in your inventory, with the new system you can mount everything you have. Naw it improved the game removing things like these, and having those things didn't mean you were "skilled"
    I'd agree it's not the exactly reason. I'm saying a lot of people didn't like how easy the game was becoming. Epics are pretty much handed to you. I am not a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when you had to ask Trade and General for dungeons and had to actually WALK there.
    I never got why people spammed the Trade channel instead of the Looking for Group channel for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killzones for hunters. It was so much fun to get right up on them, before they had Disengage and their ranged weapons failed to work within 8 yards. If you stacked on the hunter, he would usually eat it.

Miss the most? Level 60 mounts that had no armour, Palomino and the White Steed were my favorite mounts and still are but I can never get them now. I thought it was 1kg for level 60 mounts? Either way too much for me ha.

I hated having to get reagents. Even though I'd always have 2-3 full stacks of them at a time.

People massively overestimate the effect that minor changes (and even major ones sometimes) have on subscription numbers. I can't imagine anyone saying "What, I don't have to waste one of my bags on arrows anymore? Screw this game!"

Seasonal variance, content release schedules, and the age of the game account for 95% of changes to subscription numbers, positive or negative.

On topic, though:
    I miss when there were "utility"/buffing classes in the game. I enjoyed playing Ele Shaman when its primary purpose was to buff the raid. They moved away from that and started sharing utility around, and probably for good reason - but I kinda wish they had balanced out the role or even made it a proper raid "spot" rather than just turning all they hybrids into DPS classes on par with any other DPS spec.

I guess "specialization" would be a good short form answer.
    Last edited by Shamanberry; 2014-02-14 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I never got why people spammed the Trade channel instead of the Looking for Group channel for that.
    I think LG was zone specific and trade hit all the major cities? or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the community most of all. Now it's pretty horrible, but back in Vanilla/BC it was a lot more friendly. We had jerks yes, but they weren't EVERYWHERE.

I miss Vanilla PvP. Not the honor grind, the PvP itself.

I miss dungeons being decent (So pretty much everything up to Pandaria.)

And oddly enough I miss the gold farmers running around EPL/Burning Steppes. All day every day. They made for some pretty entertaining PvP.

I'd agree it's not the exactly reason. I'm saying a lot of people didn't like how easy the game was becoming. Epics are pretty much handed to you. I am not a fan.
    But the only time that epics weren't handed to you was in Vanilla. From BC onward epics were given out like candy.