Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Or Mounting at 40 for 80gold and 60 for 600gold
    Pfft, amateur, there was a time where it was 100g at 40, and 1000g at 60 (reputation discounts didn't began immediately)

Or being a mage and having to buy Arcane Powder & runes for teleporting/portals?
    Or being a hunter and having to buy Arrows and bullets?
    These were inconveniences, not fun elements of gameplay. It would be akin to having to refill the gas of your car every 3 minutes on Grand Theft Auto. Would that be a fun feature to have for you?

I'm glad reagents are gone, my bags are cluttered as it is, can you imagine if I also had to carry with me 5 different types of reagents to cast my best spells?

Or the old Talent Tree system?
    Nope, don't miss it, it sucked, thanks to that tree, the best spells for each spec were locked deep down the tree to deter hybrid builds, so you had to wait to like mid 50s before you actually started having any fun with any spec.

Having said that, I do kinda miss the talent trees of Cataclysm, that was a fine compromise between talent customization, and keeping spec bonuses accessible early to maximize fun.

Remember when you had to buy your skills and buy the different rankings of them?
    I don't miss the steep costs associated with them, but I do miss the feeling of being taught my stuff by a trainer, as opposed to magically learning everything instantly. I mean, you still have to go to a trainer to learn all the recipes to your profession, why can't classes be the same? I would had been happier if they had just clipped the costs, rather than make trainers redundant.

Remember when you had to ask Trade and General for dungeons and had to actually WALK there.
    That was the WORST part of the game. Nothing like spending 2 hours asking for a group in trade, get invited, spend 30 minutes going to a dungeon in the middle of nowhere, only to have half the team leave after wiping 3 times on the first pack, and watch how 3 hours went to shit.

No thanks, I prefer my queues thank you very much. At least then I can do something productive while I wait, as opposed to twiddle my thumbs waiting as my life ebbs away trying to find a group only to have none have me because my class didn't had any CCs.

As for things I actually miss that are not simple nostalgia red-tinted goggles:

1: Quests for your most important spells.

I loved the process of getting my pets as a warlock, SPECIALLY the quest to get the mount. Yes the grind was a pain in the ass, and I would had preferred if they had removed that part, but left the rest of the quest in there. The quest to get your resurrection spell as a horde paladin was ABSOLUTELY BADASS. You get the quest from this NPC dude in Silvermoon, then go to this lake in Ghostland, meditate on an altar, and suddenly the questgiver attacks you, and you have to fight him, and kill him, return to silvermoon, and his buddy is there, with the corpse, he teaches you the resurrection spell, and then has you use it to bring the guy you just killed, back to life.

That was fucking awesome. And I miss it. Not all the class quests to get spells were fun though, I still shudder when I remember the totem quests for shamans. But a lot of the quests WERE quite fun, and I miss those the most. Rather than remove them, I would had preferred it if they had taken away the mat grind, and made them more solo-friendly, and then offer you a choice of either learning your best spells from a trainer, or embark on an epic quest to earn them yourself.

2: I miss the Battle for Undercity.

U_U that was one of my most favorite questlines EVER, and its now gone forever.

3: I miss the old Onyxia questline for alliance. One of the very few alliance questlines that I loved the most. Then they removed it, and then they made it non-cannon by having that asshole Varian steal all the credit for the kill all by himself.

Fucking Block-chinned idiot >_<

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    All this thread did was remind me how terrible the game used to be compared to todays wow.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I'd agree it's not the exactly reason. I'm saying a lot of people didn't like how easy the game was becoming. Epics are pretty much handed to you. I am not a fan.
    just because the colour of the writing on the item is purple means nothing . the best gear in the game is still not handed to you . People really get hung up on colour of writing instead of stats for some reason .

On topic : the only thing removed that I even slightly miss is have group, will travel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    All this thread did was remind me how terrible the game used to be compared to todays wow.
    This , gameplay now is far far better

10+ Year Old Account
    Vengeance in PvP, which allowed tanks to be somewhat relevant. Now with all these changes meant to discourage PvP tanks, it makes you wonder why the other two roles haven't gotten hit as hard.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the awesomeness of the first time I logged in and everything was brand new and exciting. I miss the first time I went to Undercity and realized there was whole another continent to explore. I miss all the retarded mistakes I made and the feeling of accomplishment when I found the "right" way to do things. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing Blizzard can do to bring back those feelings I had when WoW was more than a game but an Epic Experience. I think overall they are doing a decent job of trying to maintain some of the wonder that makes the game still a worth while time killer for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling being difficult yet rewarding once you're done.

Classes being completely different.

Less obsession with "balance", and more focus on enjoyment/gameplay.

Fewer raid modes.

More important 5-mans.

No flying mounts.

Fewer bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    The PvP Titles / Ranks from Vanilla
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    The community i used to play with. That's about it.

1. World PvP without flying mounts. I play primarily for world PvP, and flying mounts ruined it more than anything else (except gear of course.)

2. When WoW was new to me. Regardless of any changes to WoW over the years, good or bad, I miss the magic of when it was all new and epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    People not wanting ridiculous entry requirements to join their raid group. Something changed between ICC and Firelands, and now we have LFR in place, but asshats will be asshats and keep doing it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    People not wanting ridiculous entry requirements to join their raid group. Something changed between ICC and Firelands, and now we have LFR in place, but asshats will be asshats and keep doing it.
    You mean like Attunements?

15+ Year Old Account
    pvp ranks/titles without having to do lolrated
    when trap launcher didn't exist(loathe it in pvp)
    you actually had to work for epics
    when the hybrid tax existed(why the heck do certain hybrids do more damage than my equally geared pure dps?!)
    when classes were unique
    when non-raiders would look at a raider's gear and go "whoa"
    clown suits(nuff said :P)
    mana drain/viper sting(takes forever to kill a healer now 1v1)
    HARD raids(IE AQ40/naxx60)
    Had to go to the pvp instance to queue
    Dishonorable Kills
    windfury totem
    no resil or other pvp only stats

The importance of the Summoning Stones. LFD system ruined 'em

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    You mean like Attunements?
    Attunements were only in place so you could skip the arbitrarily long walk to the raid entrance.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss slower paced dungeon teams and CC.
    You used to be able to join a group and it wasn't rush rush rush. People, for the most part, were more polite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss when we didn't know everything about a raid before it went live. I remember just pulling a boss in MC to see what the hell would happen.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I remember back in the days where you could enter a dungeon and fight the mobs inside instead of the other players. The rotten community today makes me play wow in singleplayer mode. And not much to do there alone. They need to add way more solo content

As much as I love exploring, I also miss auto-unlock flight paths :P Some zones I really just hate running to... like desolace. Ugh.

Though I do miss running to the dungeon entrances, fighting off those damn pink mana worms back in wrath was always fun while we were summoning our group :P... I actually don't even know where the cataclysm dungeon entrances are at (except brc).

I also miss the old talent trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I miss WotLK badly. This expansion I truly had a lot of fun. Best expansion thus far.
    This

The game hasn't been nearly as good since.