[SUB]haste point for opener, and shadow blades+ shadow dance

Helo

i want to go back to play as sub in pve i reaaallyyy loved that spec from all these years, so...

Garrote -> Ambush -> Ambush <- much much haste i need to this opener i changed 2 gems for 80 agi + 160 and i hit 12k haste and still cant do it

Garrote -> Ambush -> Ambush or Ambush -> Hemorrhage -> Ambush, i prefer to go with garote, but hemorr is tempting, and im little confused about with opener is better.

Second thing. Shadow Dance and Shadow Blades.

So SD give us FW debuff (100% right now, agree?) and SB deals shadow damage with ignore armor (right?). SB to burst and stack CP, then SD -> FW and we use those CP for Eviscerates, or use them together? or first SD - when it ends use SB [personaly i think its worst scenario]

ps. im little bit rusty in sub because of my break from wow and i'm starting to raid now again (i quit in late DS)

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Asey/advanced (i changed gems few minutes ago in gloves, pure agi to agi+haste to get 12k haste)

Are you doing Premed+SnD before you open? SnD restores 8 energy / 2 seconds (or 4 per second; I'm pretty sure it's smooth regen and not just a big energy tick). That helps you get the Garrote > Amb > Amb opener off.

Garrote > Amb > Amb is the better opener if you have the haste to do it. I don't think you need a lot of gear to do it; should be fine with yours. I thought Hemo > Amb > Amb was the alternative opener, but I guess I could be wrong. The opener discussion is buried somewhere in EJ's Subt thread.

You should combine SD+SB when their CDs line up (that is, SD+SB > SD > SD > SD+SB). This is a gain because SB is a big increase on your Evisc frequency and puts more of them within your FW uptime, which outweighs auto attacks ignoring armor (which is wasted when using SB in this way).

You should change your gems back. Agi is far more valuable than haste even if you can't do the best opener because Subt has a passive, Sinister Calling, that gives you 30% additional agi.

You are right, Squirl. The second optimal opener is Hemo > Amb > Amb. That way you have SV up for the 2 Ambs. Other than that, I think Squirl covered everything else pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Are you doing Premed+SnD before you open? SnD restores 8 energy / 2 seconds (or 4 per second; I'm pretty sure it's smooth regen and not just a big energy tick). That helps you get the Garrote > Amb > Amb opener off.
    yeah.... just like i think im little rusty, and i dint use it.

I have 11812 haste and i can fill Garrote>Amb>Amb during those 3 sec from Subterfuge

ok, so all my questions are covered Thanks Guys!

little update.

i was able to use garr>amb>am due to silient blades (when i was testing on dummy). On fresh opener i can't make it with 11,8k haste.

hemmo>amb>amb is doable with my amount of haste and SnD before opener

So, still dont know much much haste i need for it on fresh opener
    Last edited by AseyBL; 2014-02-16 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AseyBL View Post
    little update.

i was able to use garr>amb>am due to silient blades (when i was testing on dummy). On fresh opener i can't make it with 11,8k haste.

hemmo>amb>amb is doable with my amount of haste and SnD before opener

So, still dont know much much haste i need for it on fresh opener
    It's really not a big deal. You miss out on 1 FW Amb.

Deleted
    thanks for the hemmo>garotte

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei2457 View Post
    thanks for the hemmo>garotte
    Keep in mind that ms plays a factor in what opener you can use. If your ms is high, you'll never be able to garrote>ambush>ambush no matter what your haste is. It has something to due with the way melee spell que's work.