Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    All these people claiming lag on world bosses...............

When what you are realling experiencing is bad frame rate which is on your end.
    there is a known bug, something to do with healing spells and procs at the start of fights with large numbers of people.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week i'm going to Comic Con Australia in beautiful Sydney!

Quote Originally Posted by Jilor View Post
    I don't agree with either of these quotes (including the quotes they quoted). I'd argue especially the second one is even more wrong. I'd argue that you clearly never did a serious 40 man raid. Some of us cleared Naxx in Vanilla and I experienced none of these issues. Recruiting, lag, logistics...Look, I personally know 40 mans are never coming back, that's fine, I got over that in TBC. That being said, it's ridiculous how off base these quotes are. Like saying 15 people were afk.

Yeah, let's see any guild kill Loatheb, Thaddius or Sapph with 15 afk people back in Vanilla (hell, when most guilds hit Thaddius, two dead people meant a wipe because of the dps loss from charges). As for logistics? It was simple actually, you had class channels (or healing channels for the healers). I never once had an issue understanding my role or with any major confusion. Did people make mistakes occasionally? Sure. But it was generally fixed the next pull. 40 mans were a ton of fun. Most people just never got to experience a real guild that was capable of high end raiding back in Vanilla. And this is why 40 mans were removed.
    I didn't say anything about people being afk, I would however point out that we no longer have buff bots like pallies that would just cycle their short buffs all fight and might as well have been afk as far as dmg on the boss, spell effects or log numbers causing lag. If you were clearing or close to clearing Naxx when it was current you were in the top 1% of raiding which by the level of success removes recruiting issues and things that the other 99% of the player base deals with. As I have said the real question is did you lead any of these raids? If you did was it handed to you already established with systems in place or did you start it from scratch? If you answered no to either then you really can't speak to how the issues I mentioned other then lag effecting the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I bet most people couldn't name 10 guild leaders on their server anymore.

I couldn't name 10 raids or guilds that raid on my server. The hemorrhaging of active accounts on many servers is another issue this will never happen. It is next to impossible to get a set 25 running and have a chance at it lasting a full tier of raiding. 40 mans not a chance in hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I thought there was an MMO coming out this year that's doing 40 man raiding again...

Wow could handle 40 man (instanced) raiding if they redid their engine to handle it, but I doubt that's going to happen at this point. The world bosses from this expansion were sufficient for my nostalgia purposes.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, we've crashed the server from world bosses on Area 52, performance issues in regards to world bosses isn't just on the user's end.
    We had a scheduled massive pvp battle on our server that had to be split into separate areas most recently because it was crashing the server having a few hundred ppl go apeshit even in the most out of the way zones.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Nobody I know who raided 40 man liked it.
    The question is, did you know anyone? Nobody I know who raided 40 mans didn't like it, and everyone I know who raided 40 mans was royally pissed off when they removed them from the game.

40 mans werent even that hard. Their mechanics were quite trivial
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

40-man was cool but too much lagg.

If 30 carry 10 came back to WoW then LFR wouldn't be needed anymore.

40 man was certainly cool, but Blizzard have already butchered raiding hard enough. It would be simply too hard to run them in the current situation.

bring on the 40 mans.

Never ever, ever.

It would never work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    If 30 carry 10 came back to WoW then LFR wouldn't be needed anymore.
    I'm not sure why we hear this so often. We're not talking about late Classic where you could PuG MC with a few carriers, while the rest took a break and drank tea whilst masturbating violently.

Some fights were VERY tightly tuned for 40 players, such as Twin Emps, The Four Horsemen etc. Tell me you did those with "30 carrying 10", and I'll laugh and call you a liar.

I'm quite happy that 40 mans are a thing a of the past, they were fun when we had them but the game has simply moved on. If by some twist of fate they returned to wow as an optional raid size I would most likely avoid them.
    "Plz inv for steelsnap"

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    The question is, did you know anyone? Nobody I know who raided 40 mans didn't like it, and everyone I know who raided 40 mans was royally pissed off when they removed them from the game.
    Yes. In my guild, there are some veteran players from the start of the game and they did not enjoy 40 man raiding. Getting 40 people together on a regular basis to raid. Then during the raid getting everyone to be raid, moving to A to B. Then there was the performance issue.

They do not miss it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Yes. In my guild, there are some veteran players from the start of the game and they did not enjoy 40 man raiding. Getting 40 people together on a regular basis to raid. Then during the raid getting everyone to be raid, moving to A to B. Then there was the performance issue.

These are their experiences.

They do not miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Yeah, because Molten Core and Blackwing Lair are complex fights with lots of imagination, and exclusive mechanics....
    you dont know man, you wasnt there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    40 man was certainly cool, but Blizzard have already butchered raiding hard enough. It would be simply too hard to run them in the current situation.
    I'm not so sure. I think if there were a chance at an extremely rare and powerful item, a 40 man raid could make a triumphant return.

I see people claiming 40 mans were more "epic" and I have to protest that. It is not true as the more players the more you feel like a small cog in a big machine and the more limited the set of skills you use becomes. It also allows a lot more people to be carried while at the same time forcing the game designers to be more lenient due to probabilities of losing players due to disconnects.

WESTMORELAND: O that we now had here
    But one ten thousand of those men in England
    That do no work to-day!

HENRY V: What’s he that wishes so?
    My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
    If we are mark’d to die, we are enow
    To do our country loss; and if to live,
    The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
    God’s will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
    I would much rather play the part of a skilled hero, one of but a small few up to the task, utilizing as many of my skills as I can find useful to defeat the enemy that as a cog in a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kookies View Post
    I'm quite happy that 40 mans are a thing a of the past, they were fun when we had them but the game has simply moved on. If by some twist of fate they returned to wow as an optional raid size I would most likely avoid them.
    I'm certain most people would. It seems like 10M flex is the wave of the future.

to make it viable, they would need to remove lookinf for raid
    so it would be a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    [Nostalgia] I wonder if 40 Man raiding will ever return in its glory to an epic scale. It would certainly make 10, 15, 20, and 25 man raids look laughable.[/Nostalgia]
    Yeah, laughable. Like "Hah, hah, what a giant waste of time."

too much lag. not worth the effort
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yhearts/simple alliance main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus, and Age of Extinction(aka the true end time)

They would need make spell effects less flashy, would be unplayable otherwise.