Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    It would be cool if Flexi could scale to 40.

Quote Originally Posted by P12Slayer View Post
    From a player that started playing in ICC times, why would it lag more now than it dit in vanilla? I mean computer hardware is alot better now than then. Just curious!
    spell effects on the ground + smart heals + procs on pull = lag times. Even in 25man raiding guilds today this happens.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week a man is born with a face on the back of his head, and it whispers demonic messages to him at night

I do play since the end of wow vanilla and i'd trully look forward 40 players raids. That is, if the game can handle it.

Indeed, before the 3.0 update there were fewer mobility spells, AOE spells, instant and the cycles of the classes were much more simple than what we have now. Additionally, boss scripts are much more complex nowadays. So I don't really think the game as it is now could handle 40 man raids.

However, gathering enough players for this size of raid isn't the issue as in MMORPG guilds size tends to be a function of the required amount of players for a given content. Indeed, in games like Eve online (where pvp raids of hundreds of players can occur) you can find guilds which number of players amount to thousands.

The question is, did you know anyone? Nobody I know who raided 40 mans didn't like it, and everyone I know who raided 40 mans was royally pissed off when they removed them from the game.
    Actually, people who truly enjoyed 40 man raiding (and were pissed off by the downsize of BC) aren't likely to be currently playing the current wow (on official servers).
    Last edited by Stanelis; 2014-03-08 at 04:38 PM.

Doesn't wildstar come with 40 mans or at least a 40-man? If a) the game is popular and b) 40-mans in that game are popular, I wouldn't be surprised if other MMOs follow the trend. a) and b) happening is probably less likely than c) we all being abducted by aliens; but yeah this forum's esteemed audience will certainly be watching that game with bated breath.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Doesn't wildstar come with 40 mans or at least a 40-man? If a) the game is popular and b) 40-mans in that game are popular, I wouldn't be surprised if other MMOs follow the trend. a) and b) happening is probably less likely than c) we all being abducted by aliens; but yeah this forum's esteemed audience will certainly be watching that game with bated breath.
    WildStar is offering 40man and 20man raiding AFAIK, if 40 man in WildStar takes off (which I think is unlikely) then I could see WoW expanding its flex to accommodate 40 players.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.