Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Just a friendly reminder that this isn't a 10 vs 25 debate thread and that topic will get threads closed pretty quickly around here.
    Sorry about that. And will keep in mind for the future

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Now with this being said that your dps should be at around 300k, after looking at epeenbot this looks like it was your first kill of Garrosh on 25 so it may just be a comfort with the fight issue, I know my first Garrosh kill was sketchy as well since I had no clue what I was doing for the most part, so my advice would be to just run a whole lot of Flex/LFR Garrosh to get comfortable with the fight, the timings, using your cooldowns, moving, multidotting etc. Sorry that your guild were jerks but you can use this as an opportunity to find a new guild and grow and improve with them, best of luck.
    So true. The more you do the fight, the smoother it gets. Hopefully the OP will find a new and better home.

Imho, the lowest <insert something here> gets kicked, is retarded..

For example:-

Person1: Does 10 dmg

Person2: does 9 dmg

Person3: does 8 dmg

Person4: does 7 dmg

Clearly person4 gets kicked, but it will get replaced and will look like this

Person1: 10 dmg

Person5: 9 dmg

Person2:~9 dmg

Person3: 7 dmg

3 will get kicked and it will go like a cycle, someone will always get kicked, retarded..

Never really took apart in this conversation, but am sad about what happened to you Kolx. It seems they cherry picked their dream team and went with it, leaving everybody else in the dust. And with Mages being as "great" as they are right now, they chose from the other classes. It's not fair to those left outside, but the people who left probably didn't care at that moment.

My friend experienced the same fate not too long ago. Though it was more towards her guild shutting down and 11 people creating their own branch from that guild. Well long story short, they ditched all the Mages and went with the "strong" classes in their mind. And then came the Mythic raid difficulty announcement.. And they started looking for Mages, but they previously pissed of the best Mages on the server who were in the guild they left and pretty much ruined their rep on the server as a whole, so they had to migrate server to find enough good people to join their ranks.

In the end all I can say is that these things happen in WoW. Happen a lot even. Guilds break and form and break again. With bad leadership you are on a trainwreck from the start. And you might have just benefited from not being picked into their 10 man group. They think you don't fit their team. But you should think they don't deserve you.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldaryne View Post
    Imho, the lowest <insert something here> gets kicked, is retarded..
    Just wanted to point out that in your example the average raised to 8.75 from 8.5 so.. yeah not the best of examples maybe

In the end it is near impossible for us to determine anything about someone getting kicked. There are so many variables that come to raiding. You might do bad dps, have a bad attitude, make mistakes, tick leaders box the wrong way, leaders might have a friend wanting to take your spot.. pretty much anything can happen as it's a game that for the most of us is supposed to be fun. Guild leaders are under no contract to keep anyone in their guild. Sadly in the worst cases it turns to someone getting kicked with no words said why this happened.

Deleted
    Link a picture of your UI.

3 thing that will help you improve your dps:

1- Information: You need to know exactly what you need to know, buffs, abilities, boss mechanic etc.
    2- Execution: You must be able to use an ability or not or just move asap. This is determined by macros, keybindings and their location on keyboard or mouse. For example try a main proc based ability on the mouse wheel.
    3- knowledge: Your knowledge of your class will determine how effectively you are going to make use of 1 and 2, MMoC is a good place to start.

1. I use weak auras to track procs and abilities.
    2. Just recently started to learn more about keybindings especially on my mouse
    3. My class I know it fairly well it is all I have ever played so far in wow.

As Voltaa said earlier as an arcane mage I need to improve my rune uptime and arcane power buff. Hopefully this will help increase my dps some on certain fights like Garrosh. Gonna try some heroics this weekend with a new guild so I'm sure everything will go well as I practise my keybindings more.

Thanks for all the comments!!

Kolx

Theres defo more behind it than your dps. I have no read all posts till now, so my reply is to your initial post.
    That being said; Your dps, with your gear is low. Not patheticly low, but low. I have 1 ilvl higher, yet i average around 400k at worst.
    Helped out too many mages in my server, atleast considering how well guides on mmo and other sites actually are.
    What seems to be the biggest flaw mages do most frequent, is the rotation. They think they're doing it right, but they're not.
    After i went over rotation properly with a mage in our guild his dps went from what you're doing to just under what i'm doing.
    That's how important rotation is, so i'd read over it again, and have a mage whos got it under controll check you out. it's hard to explain the rotation in detail.

- Equ, Draenor.
    GL!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    With that gear level you should be able to pull 300k+ dps in every fight expect Immerseus.
    glyphed arcane explosion disagrees with your exception

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Ok you got kicked from so no name guild on your server. There are like almost 260 other guilds that are starting or finishing heroic progress to apply to? I'd rejoice and find a stable 20-25m guild for WoD if you want to continue raiding. 10 mans are cancer anyway and are dead as of WoD if you want to do real progress. Waste of time for you to even join that group.
    ^Exactly this. Wish you the best in finding a guild that appreciates you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kolx View Post
    1. I use weak auras to track procs and abilities.
    2. Just recently started to learn more about keybindings especially on my mouse
    3. My class I know it fairly well it is all I have ever played so far in wow.

As Voltaa said earlier as an arcane mage I need to improve my rune uptime and arcane power buff. Hopefully this will help increase my dps some on certain fights like Garrosh. Gonna try some heroics this weekend with a new guild so I'm sure everything will go well as I practise my keybindings more.

Thanks for all the comments!!

Kolx
    With WA addon you can also track RoP, it's uptime, combat but off and just off warning. Here is an example:

HTML Code:
    d4ZujaGEPGonj7cezBQcY(OskntQKI5sLA2s1HjCtvrEmOUnv5BQcTtISx0Ub2Ve(jvvnmrX4ar9xfmurPblQgUu6qsb8CvoMQQZrLKfQqlvISyqYYj1dbbpfAzQkTovb1LPmvjnzfnDHlsuCvPa9mPqxxKnsvPptfBwvA7uj(OQO6RQcmnqQVtunsQKQglvsLrlrnEIsNKQk3svuUgi05vvCqPOFR0RPQy(ZkrbRmiEe)cPmqcIe9iojozL4z93SRceeh9Vw9)jxJm(wjQnh1cQFAnIo6n1seK8QALJJPpk9tunjkJRlR)LQf5L2Sf5MScV2UrSVIjRe1B3yLOxQhkwzWGbrt2wbyAtoYGimRu6NvIc4qTGJvIxi0bReN7GtFLZrIo9v(GaoulG4vELt0PVYhE1cpJ4dmHpntAX9WLsaRiFFlYZUYnDrU)(6BroewpOerrUjB7QdI3MatI(bct)kGn3nNt)bN7hycFAM0IZ9t2ujCJBcmp3JRSkGttTbe4Mati512iX5oCBcm5idgefaLNiulGvIEcfGvIXNwJyR2oli2QTZcIqTjaSXGbXqRCCmnRetNnalUO(P1iueVwR3jwkbSI89Tip7k30etaZfdeefPyjAUyGGieexqmD2qcOcosubCX0NXrIaHNDSsPFILsaRiFFlYZUYnndIPZgUwR35ir40fR3qz10igkpBYG47ccIn1ERUSAAelBkNYbLGodX(kMSsmD2aWCX0ekIHOBGGs)pseUlUJvINc40nIp185YWGy6SHq0nqWrIPZgG7I74ir92nwj6L6HIvgmiMoBaE9GseCK41AWSs8uaNUrPFIEPEOyLs)CKbdgeFxqGQgAu6hYeNQRTl(GHa2NJyPgusMgGO2CulO(P1iQGxarXCQc1ce9HqRCCm9XkdIWBF1SsPVukdLAK(cne)()9HYa5mFB8rx9OR(Y3NbriZGOC1mktjOZqeK8QALJJPpk9tunjwkbSI89Tip7k30f5(7RVf5qy9Gsef5MSTRoioTtejTimosCQU2U4JFWlGOFGW0VcyZTFWl4CxkbSI89Tip7k30eVqa7ZLDvGGieKrQktjgu6lRedTYXX0SsmD2aS4I6NwJqr8ATENyPeWkY33I8SRCttmbmxmqquKILO5IbcIqqCbrGWZowP0pXsjGvKVVf5zx5MMbrfWftFghjMoBibubhjMoB4ATENJeHtxSEdLvtJyO8SjdIt7erslcJJeFxqqSP2B1LvtJyzt5uoOe0zi2xXKvIPZgaMlMMqrmeDdeu6)rIWDXDSs8uaNUr8PMpxggetNneIUbcosmD2aCxChhjQ3UXkrVupuSYGbX0zdWRhuIGqr8AnywjEkGt3O0prVupuSsPFoYGbdIVliqvdnk9dzIt112fFWqa7ZrSudkjtdquBoQfu)0AevWlGOyovHAbI(qOvooM(yLbr5QzuMsqNHi82xnRu6lLYqPgPVqdXV)FFOmqoZ3gF0vp6QV89zqeYmicsEvTYXX0hL(jQMelLawr((wKNDLB6IC)913ICt22vheNQRTl(4h8ci6him9Ra2C7h8co3LsaRiFFlYZUYnnXleW(CzxfiicbzKQYuIbLAKvIVliqvdnk9fAIAZrTG6NwJOcEbedTYXX0SseEtGW)wtlIvt01sei8SJvk9tSucyf57BrE2vUPzqeEtGGiejcNUy9gkRMgXq5ztgefZPkulq0hcTYXX0hRmi2WD9Ougi1irbq5jc1cyL4fcDWkXpu6zUkdX4tRreoDX6ruwk9dDgIPZgoyr34iX0zdHwaUUimos8GfDtwkLHbdIQjXsjGvKVVf5zx5MUi3KTD1br5QzuMsqNH47ccIJRwDf5JDbSpf5J9vwzjcsEvTYXX0hL(jw2uoLdkbDgIc4qTGJvIxi0bReVnbMe9deM(vaBUBoN(do3pWe(0mPfN7NSPs4g3eyEUBQ0U(vdGKxBJeN7WTjWKqXG4RcOUYSs82eys0pqy6xbS5U5CUGZ9dmHpntAX5o7k30ntAX9Knvc34MaZZTCvVS19G064qCUd3MatoYGbX(kMSsmD2aCxChhjQ3UXkrVupuSYGbX0zdaZfttOigIUbck9)iX0zdHOBGGJeVwdMvINc40nk9t0l1dfRu6NJmyqeUlUJvINc40nIp185YWGbdgeDHs)q)NHbj

Deleted
    First of all, you probably shouldn't have been kicked. Second, ur probably doing a lot of stuff wrong. As a mage, you should easily achieve 260k+ dps on garrosh, even if you use living bomb. With nether tempest, you should get around 280k+, but with nether tempest a lot of dps is useless. Even so, 564 arcane, you indeed should pull even 300k+, depends what trinkets you have. Anyway, if you think you should be doing more dps, you should switch to frost, its a lot more reliable. And about damage on garrosh, im an 562 ilvl frost mage, and i pull around 280k with living bomb, and i still need to improve. However, i do have BiS trinket(from garrosh)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad, in our guild you won't get kicked but your raid spot will get replaced until you can prove your worth again in the alt runs.