How necessary is an i7 for livestreaming to Twitch?

Is it worth the price to get an i7 4770K vs a similar i5 for streaming on Twitch?
    Dual monitor, if that matters, but is likely more of a GPU problem

I'm concerned about over spending on an i7 and not seeing the performance differences that I could see if I spent that extra money elseware.

Thanks for the help!

15+ Year Old Account
    Usually not. Most games only saturate 2 cores, so you have the other 2 cores for streaming which should be plenty for the encoding. Depending on the resolution you are using, an i7 could bring additional performance but at least for 1080p @30fps the difference should be very small.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

I don't stream very intensive games, Just HS and WoW, So I'm leaning more toward an i5 more and more as I think about it, But I'm still not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth it? No.

Should you get it if you can afford it without sacrificing other parts or putting you into financial problems? Sure. It helps, some.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The top AMD CPU's have actually been proven to be better for livestreaming/recording as you get less frame drops in your games.

I would do more research between an i5 and i7 for livestreaming, or recording gameplay as it's essentially the same thing to see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    The top AMD CPU's have actually been proven to be better for livestreaming/recording as you get less frame drops in your games.

I would do more research between an i5 and i7 for livestreaming, or recording gameplay as it's essentially the same thing to see the difference.
    Except that AMD are miles behind when it comes to WoW performance so that is a really bad idea in this situation.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Thanks for the input, folks!

I can afford it without sacrificing other parts in the build, I'm just questioning if the extra money is better spent on the GPU(i7 + $350 GPU, i5 + $500+ GPU).

If I were to get an i5, Would a Intel Core i5-4670K be the way to go or should I look at another one?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post

Recording and streaming the same thing? Heh, hardly. On a disk you're not bandiwth restricted and can therefore do encoding in a second time, and pure recording is much less stressful on your CPU than recording+encoding (which is what is being done with streaming).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    Thanks for the input, folks!

I can afford it without sacrificing other parts in the build, I'm just questioning if the extra money is better spent on the GPU(i7 + $350 GPU, i5 + $500+ GPU).

If I were to get an i5, Would a Intel Core i5-4670K be the way to go or should I look at another one?

Thanks again
    If you play 1080@60hz even going for more than a 770 doesn't really make sense as far as GPUs are concerned and the money would be better 'spent' by saving up and keeping it for a future upgrade.

Definitely go for the 4670k though.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Thanks,

Going to order an i5 4670K today and hope for the best, I don't think I'll be disappointed as I can OC it quite a bit and save for other goodies.