Page 1 of 2
LastLast

General Nazgrim - H - Execute

Hello,

So last night we got up to General, We all thought it was going to be an easy fight. I was wrong, well no it is an easy fight but I am getting wrecked every time. Just one question. WTF works on Execute.

I was taking 1mil+ hits from it every time. Our Blood DK while being more geared then me was using no CD's at all during it. I was using everything until I run out of them and just die.

This is me

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uvius/advanced

I don't know, it may have just been some bad moves were I had SoR dropping right before it hit but dam that shit hurts.

Thanks

You need to have Shield of the Righteous ACTIVE when the Execute lands. It'll do about 500-600k damage IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post
    I don't know, it may have just been some bad moves were I had SoR dropping right before it hit but dam that shit hurts.
    well thats pretty huge then, it's one really hard hit and you're not having a good chunk of damage reduction up.

the blood dk is most likely getting some Death strikes saved for it and building up a nice blood shield.

Deleted
    You need to have the buff from Shield of the Righteous up when the execute gona hit you

TBH I don't even notice the executes any more as a healer. This is the only thing you have to watch out for as a tank, so it would be stupid not to use some CDs. Here's how our warrior tanks gets hit - they are mostly able to absorb most of the damage with Shield Block, but don't get killed by full hits either.

[22:00:56.342] General Nazgrim Execute Aggrorath Absorb (495753)
    [22:01:15.561] General Nazgrim Execute Realodin 914840
    [22:01:32.830] General Nazgrim Execute Realodin 128286 (A: 538442)
    [22:01:51.004] General Nazgrim Execute Aggrorath 148449 (A: 432511)
    [22:02:10.286] General Nazgrim Execute Realodin 305903 (A: 608938)
    [22:02:27.980] General Nazgrim Execute Aggrorath 600086 (A: 470567)
    [22:02:47.710] General Nazgrim Execute Aggrorath 95074 (A: 524618)
    [22:03:07.101] General Nazgrim Execute Realodin 665816 (A: 147376)
    [22:03:25.136] General Nazgrim Execute Realodin Absorb (1041761)
    [22:03:43.216] General Nazgrim Execute Aggrorath 332263 (A: 394915)
    [22:04:00.999] General Nazgrim Execute Aggrorath 145232 (A: 683437)
    [22:04:18.269] General Nazgrim Execute Realodin 211567 (A: 762613)
    [22:04:36.443] General Nazgrim Execute Aggrorath 222948 (A: 504230)

O well guess it just me being bad. Thank you all, back to Horridon style SoR's

Assuming the worst possible case (3 stacks of sunder armor during berserk stance) you're looking at a 3.75m hit.

With 48146 armor (yours -30%) you're looking at a 45% damage reduction from armor, bringing the damage down to 2062500.

Assuming shield of the righteous is up (25% base + 29% from mastery as you'll have ~12900 raid buffed taking into account thok's trinket) that's another 54% damage reduction bringing the damage down to 948750.

TL;DR (even if it's so short): you're either messing up tank swaps or not using your active mitigation properly if you're constantly being hit for more than 1m since in the worst possible case with no cooldowns, meta procs or windsong procs the damage should be under 1m already.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2014-02-13 at 04:41 PM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Anytime there's a physical nuke your answer is SotR.

Just have Averligh focus on using PWS on you before executes. I did that for our BrM when the damage was a bit spikey and it made it not even noticeable.

Also tell them to dump Cascade for Halo and to get a weak aura to track their CDs. They only used archangel once in your 5 min attempt and it should be used on CD for 2 piece tier bonus. It's only a 30 second CD and buffs your healing for 18 seconds, plus with tier set bonus pretty much guarantees DA on the whole raid with Halo. Inner focus used zero times, spirit shell only once. Derevka has a very nice WA setup located here at Tales of a Priest. Have them check it out.

just remember it's like a 2s cast so make sure sotr is still up when the cast is done (so don't press it immediately when dbm shouts execute)
    plus sometimes he jumps away just as he does execute so need to take also the travel time of him running back to you into account

Another pala tip is the cloak will save you, if it procs you can bubble off the debuff. But otherwise, yeah SoTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Assuming the worst possible case (3 stacks of sunder armor during berserk stance) you're looking at a 3.75m hit.

With 48146 armor (yours -30%) you're looking at a 45% damage reduction from armor, bringing the damage down to 2062500.

Assuming shield of the righteous is up (25% base + 29% from mastery as you'll have ~12900 raid buffed taking into account thok's trinket) that's another 54% damage reduction bringing the damage down to 948750.

TL;DR (even if it's so short): you're either messing up tank swaps or not using your active mitigation properly if you're constantly being hit for more than 1m since in the worst possible case with no cooldowns, meta procs or windsong procs the damage should be under 1m already.
    You forgot to factor in Sanctuary giving you an additional 15% less damage taken and Weakened Blows reducing physical damage done by the target by 10%, which gives us 725793 damage before absorbs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    TBH I don't even notice the executes any more as a healer. This is the only thing you have to watch out for as a tank, so it would be stupid not to use some CDs. Here's how our warrior tanks gets hit - they are mostly able to absorb most of the damage with Shield Block, but don't get killed by full hits either.
    Just a small correction, warriors use Shield Barrier on Execute since it can't be blocked.
    Last edited by Roshar; 2014-02-14 at 08:41 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Another pala tip is the cloak will save you, if it procs you can bubble off the debuff. But otherwise, yeah SoTR.
    Let the cloak proc on Execute, taunt bubble next Execute, cloak is up for another round.
    But the only valuable way is to SoTR it. Feels like it hit like a wet noodle.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You forgot to factor in Sanctuary giving you an additional 15% less damage taken and Weakened Blows reducing physical damage done by the target by 10%, which gives us 725793 damage before absorbs etc.
    Indeed, thanks for throwing up the corrections.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

If you did Madness of Deathwing in 4.3, just think about Impale. Execute is literally the same shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    If you did Madness of Deathwing in 4.3, just think about Impale. Execute is literally the same shit.
    Wrong. Impale needed cooldowns to survive through, Execute does not. Impale was a mechanic requiring tank switches and planning, execute is merely a tank gear check.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Wrong. Impale needed cooldowns to survive through, Execute does not. Impale was a mechanic requiring tank switches and planning, execute is merely a tank gear check.
    Well, splitting hairs you're both wrong. Impale needed cooldowns merely because SoTR didn't exist for palas then. In the pre-patch when they changed it, impales became a doddle as long as SoTR was up.
    Execute isn't a gear check at all. It's a "do you have active mitigation up?" check. No amount of gear will save you sans mitigation and cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Well, splitting hairs you're both wrong. Impale needed cooldowns merely because SoTR didn't exist for palas then. In the pre-patch when they changed it, impales became a doddle as long as SoTR was up.
    Execute isn't a gear check at all. It's a "do you have active mitigation up?" check. No amount of gear will save you sans mitigation and cooldowns.
    The thing is, we all know raid content isn't balanced againist a pre-expansion patch. Heck, assassination rogues with legendaries were doing 70 to 80k single target DPS along with blood death knights in that patch, while everyone was far below. A pre-expansion patch isn't indicative of what the previous content was.

It's on the same line as Garrosh being a massive gear check. Sure, your DPSers need to know which buttons to press in the same way the tank needs to press a button during a two second cast, but that's really nothing difficult and the only real thing separating people from surviving that easily and not is actually gear itself. An ability more suited to being your type of check would be ra-den's fatal strike, but I can see how my wording can be misunderstood as well.

Out of interest would it be worth reforging to Mastery for progression on this fight. Having the HoPo for SoR ready for each Execute shouldn't really be hard even after sacrificing some haste, and presumably as execute is the worry having a bigger SoR for it would be better? Any advice?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Gonna require 2 externals per impale? Methinks it isn't so bad. It doesn't even hit that much harder than impale did ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.