Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Upcoming Siege of Orgrimmar Changes, Challenge Mode End of Season, Blue Tweets, Art

Wyatt Cheng Playtest With Streamers, More On RoS Beta Invites, Reaper of Souls Fan Art Contest, Happy Valentine's Day!

Jotto's Tournament Review, Legends of Hearthstone - BS3W2

Upcoming Siege of Orgrimmar Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In the upcoming patch 5.4.7, we will be making a few small adjustments to the 10-player Heroic Garrosh encounter. There a few factors that contribute to a disparity between the difficulty of the encounter in 10-player mode versus 25-player mode, and these changes are intended to help correct for those differences.

We are slightly reducing Garrosh's health in all phases (by roughly 5%).

The fight as a whole is a series of hard DPS checks, where failing to meet certain benchmarks makes things tremendously harder if not impossible, but extra DPS above and beyond that threshold doesn't necessarily help all that much. We're seeing some kills (a minority, but some groups nonetheless) feeling the need to single-heal the fight even at this point, and that has a number of negative gameplay and social issues. We can't really prevent single-healing (other than by increasing the outgoing damage, which isn't an option at this point), but this change should at least make it so that no one feels they need to single-heal in order to meet the various checks, without lessening the coordination requirements of the rest of the fight.

We are reducing the health of Minions of Y'Shaarj (by roughly 10%).

Most 25-player groups are able to kite and otherwise control the Minions thanks to the additional available manpower, while 10-player groups generally have to kill them. This change should improve parity between modes by reducing the difficulty of this particular mechanic for 10-player groups.

We are increasing the clump size required to trigger an Iron Star in the final Heroic-only phase of the fight from 3 to 4.

Iron Star detection previously required 3 players on 10, and 8 on 25 (a standard ratio), but this causes a discrepancy when it comes to the overlap between Bombardment and Malice. Malice requires 2 soakers on 10H and 5 on 25H (again, a standard ratio), but this means that the total clump sizes required to handle Malice are actually 3 and 6 respectively, such that a 25-player group could cover soaking Malice #4 (which fully overlaps with Bombardment) without triggering Iron Stars, whereas a 10-player group generally could not. This change should, like the rest, increase parity when it comes to this mechanic.

"Why did you wait this long to make these changes?"

We're very conservative when it comes to reducing the difficulty of a Heroic final boss, since the entire point of such encounters is to represent the pinnacle of raiding challenge. For most of the initial months of the patch, the sample size of players killing Garrosh on each difficulty was too small to draw meaningful conclusions about the relative difficulty on 10 vs. 25, but now we've reached a point where it's clear that there's a problem, so we're taking the above actions.

"Thanks Blizz, way to nerf the only hard fight left in the game..."

Sorry, we do wish we'd gotten the tuning right in the first place. 10-Heroic Garrosh will still be plenty hard -- this is just bringing the encounter in line with its 25-player counterpart.

Challenge Mode End of Season Early Warning
    Keep in mind that Challenge Modes are not going away with Patch 5.4.7, but with another patch before Warlords of Draenor.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Countless adventurers continue to brave the most trying versions of Mists of Pandaria dungeons, but the clock is ticking. This “season” of Challenge Modes will be coming to an end with the upcoming release of a patch prior to the expansion’s release.

Challenge Modes are designed to offer as close to a “normalized” difficulty as possible, and they’re tuned to be tough to master. With Warlords of Draenor’s class changes, itemization changes (e.g. the removal of Hit and Expertise), and—of course—increased level cap on the horizon, the difficulty of Mists of Pandaria’s dungeons will no longer be tuned the same as they were. In the spirit of fair play, when the aforementioned patch is released a little while before the new expansion launches, the current slate of Challenge Mode dungeons will no longer be available, and the achievements they award will be converted to Feats of Strength. The reward items will still be available for purchase by those who qualified prior to the end of the season, but it will not be possible for new players to earn those rewards going forward.

If you still need to earn your Undaunted title, Ancestral Phoenix, or class-specific Transmogrification sets, now’s the time to get out there and prove your worth. In Warlords of Draenor, an entirely new set of Challenge Modes will be available . . . and with them an array of new rewards for you to earn. Until then, stay sharp!

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    The large conquest cap is great, but it's hard to gear up when fighting fully geared people in the 1200 bracket. any fix in future?
    Rating represents your ability to win/lose the match. Gear is a part of that. If you're losing at 1200 regularly, you aren't 1200. (holinka)
    Yes, but it sucks gearing up with a large cap when you fight people who tank their rating down to 1200 by spamming leave que
    in the future, people who leave queue before entering combat will be unable to queue again for a short time (holinka)

Why is there no 'Valor of the Ancients' buff for conquest when you fully cap a toon?
    We don't think it would be good for the game for a number of reasons. First, who has to cap first? Your "main"? Who's that? (holinka)
    Does it matter who caps first?
    Yes since some characters could have lower caps. (holinka)

sure we get a hp increase with new gear, but first few weeks of the new season we wont have that extra HP.
    Neither will the damage dealers, who will be doing less damage due to increase in resilience. (holinka)
    why does bandages get affected by battle fatigue when they are a static number?
    It is a heal and so it was affected by all healing modifiers. Considering ignoring BF but not other mods. (holinka)

Hey btw, just saw a bug where ToK game didn't end after hitting 1600 points. Took another 35sec or so to register.
    I've seen something similar in EotS. We're doing a lot of work on bgs that will fix these problems...in Warlords. (holinka)

any chance rep gains will be modified(warsong and ab)?
    It's on a long long list of things to look at, but not a priority, sorry. (holinka)

PvP very CC frustrating. 1 CC into 2nd then 3rd. When you can do something you're sub 20%hp or dead. Fixes prior to WoD?
    No plans before WoD. Seeing how disruptive the changes we have made can be to balance, I'm glad we're waiting. (holinka)

How do you plan to help specs like ret/spriest and dk ams/conversion when you increase battle f atigue
    By giving them (and everyone else) gear that is 28 ilevels higher. (holinka)
    ret, sp, dk defensive weakens everytime BF getting buffed. unlike warr, rogue, mage, hunter defensives
    That's incorrect (holinka)
    How is that incorrect? Battle fatigue will bring AMS down while damage goes up meaning it will absorb even less
    A lot of classes were named in that tweet. (holinka)

so battle fatigue is shitting disc priest how have they not got anything to compensate to be viable again, holy is so lame
    Care to elaborate on why you think battle fatigue affects Disc more than any other healer spec? (holinka)

Misc
    will characters still auto learn new abilities? or do u have to go to a trainer and learn them? kinda miss that system
    It's an interesting question. Going to the trainer feels more visceral. But going back to a major city is a burden while questing. (Celestalon)

Fan Art Update
    The World of Warcraft Fan Art Section has been updated with one new piece of fan artwork.

Since 10man Garrosh Heroic is significantly harder than the 25 man where you can just Stack and Burn. I agree with these changes.

Firsteth has spoken ^

Also lol at taking out content when WoD is severely lacking in it.

Deleted
    "The large conquest cap is great, but it's hard to gear up when fighting fully geared people in the 1200 bracket. any fix in future?" - seriously what do you want to fix you can beat 1.2k rating players in blue gear no matter if they are fully geared you just have to have some skill and not a retard partner. i ele shamy for the first and i entered in arena with half malevolent and blue gears and did 1800 rating and i'm not a "pro" player

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Firsteth has spoken ^

Also lol at taking out content when WoD is severely lacking in it.
    Firsteth. I like it.

Deleted
    OMG come on!!!!!! we already know this news, WE need something now about beta, etc, getting fed up reading the same things twice

its the occasional blue tweet summary. Not everyone can catch it so mmo-champ summarizes it for us and collates it into one news post. Thus we can link it all together to see the big picture. Not many sites do this and its very helpful.

We've had 2 years to do challenge modes. And theres still time to get them. The rewards will simply be more personally valuable.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-02-15 at 08:52 AM.

I can't say I'm happy with them making what was hands-down the BEST paladin set unobtainable going forward.

Very frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond2 View Post
    I can't say I'm happy with them making what was hands-down the BEST paladin set unobtainable going forward.

Very frustrating.
    I started leveling a pally just cause I wanted the gear, but after 5 mergers my server is still a ghost town so I doubt I'll ever get it now =[
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender.* You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

Deleted
    Really see only one reason for em' doing this. To get ppl subscribe.

I for one will unsub. I wanted to steamroll the challenge mode set on my lock in wod and didn't know they would remove it. Didn't want to pay 200k or real money like everyone to get a boost by heroic players

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I for one will unsub. I wanted to steamroll the challenge mode set on my lock in wod and didn't know they would remove it. Didn't want to pay 200k or real money like everyone to get a boost by heroic players
    It costs 100k or 50€ these days anyway. You were never meant to steamroll through them. Most people thought that blizz would scale your level down or something like that.

What makes you think you would be able to streamroll CMs in WoD? Your gear will get scaled down just like now. If anything, it's easier to get it now because you will have more gems slots than you will have in WoD.

Or you could spend the remaining months doing them, and actually earn it, so you can wear it with some sort of pride.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Unsub cause you cant hax through challenge modes D: i feel sorry for you if thats the game you pay to play.

Deleted
    How about doing them yourself the legit way? You know.. like everyone? That has absolutely nothing to do with "heroic players" it's barely gear-dependent (yes i know about gems but i did it when T14 was current).

Find four more players, and then do it. I am sure there are others out there who want to do it legitimately.

lol! Unsubbing over a transmog set... A transmog set you're not even interested in getting that much, as there are still plenty of groups out there doing CM's (at least on my realm) and if yours is dead, then have a look at openraid.

Personally I'm glad they're removing the current CM's, although I'd been fine with level scaling and keeping them as difficult as they're now.

Deleted
    Very happy about these HC Garrosh changes, we're progressing on him for awhile now and are bashing our heads against these very reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incredible artwork.. greatest villain in wow's history, and the one wow died after he was downed by paragon.