1. #1

    Question How fun is it to be a Hunter if you never do PvP?

    How fun is it to be a Hunter if you never do PvP

  2. #2
    Pros:

    You're the 2nd best old raid solo'ing class in the game which can be fun if you're in to trying out some cutting edge solo stuff.
    You destroy questing/daily type content.
    Disengage out of combat is awesome quality of life stuff.
    Raid DPS is adequate.

    Cons:

    You have the worst raid utility in the game and aren't very desirable.
    All three specs are so similar that once familiar they are practically indifferent.

    Just some basic bullet points.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Pros:

    You're the 2nd best old raid solo'ing class in the game which can be fun if you're in to trying out some cutting edge solo stuff.
    You destroy questing/daily type content.
    Disengage out of combat is awesome quality of life stuff.
    Raid DPS is adequate.

    Cons:

    You have the worst raid utility in the game and aren't very desirable.
    All three specs are so similar that once familiar they are practically indifferent.

    Just some basic bullet points.
    If all the three specs are so similiar that once familiar they are practically indifferent, then that is very sad. Oh well.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Huntermyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    orgrimmar
    Posts
    689
    do not try to rationalize your love of hunter.

    either you love your toon or you don't.

    hell, going bm and chasing those spirit beasts / rares is an adventure of its own.

  5. #5
    That's okay, just asking.. I feel it's important specs are a little different.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Elmow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    724
    Because PVE is fun, PVP isn't

  7. #7
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Galten, Denmark
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Because PVE is fun, PVP isn't

    Where do i sign on that?

  8. #8
    I think the "concept" behind hunters is fun.

    You get all of the advantages of being a ranged dps with NONE of the downsides including but not limited to full dps potential while moving the entire time, immunity to silence and interrupt mechanics, and so on. Makes you very powerful.

    While it's true hunters don't bring much in the way of utility like say how an elemental shaman can drop a healing tide or say a DK's AMZ, hunters have the unique feature of being able to bring any single buff or debuff to a raid, which means you can always plug a hole and provide a buff where it is needed for your raid group. Hunters most commonly seem to need sporebats to bring spellhaste because that's pretty rare to get relative to the other buffs. But you can also bring debuff pets like armor redux raptors, physical damage increase pigs, and so on. BM spec can also bring Battle Res as well as Blood Lust.

    Hunters have a unique little quirk where their bows tend to break retardedly fast, much faster than any other weapon for any class. The theory was when you used multi-shot it calculated the damage done to your weapon as if you manually attacked each individual mob hit by multi-shot. Not sure if that is true or not, but anyone who has ever played a hunter can tell you the bow breaks really fast. I've personally had to repair my weapon several times in a raid and that is without ever dying once.

    Plenty of unique pet skins to collect.

    Ultimately, hunters are pretty great. I tinker with one once in a while, I always level one to the level cap in every expansion just because it's so ridiculously fast and easy to do, but once there I tend to not do much with it just because I find their DPS rotations rather boring and lackluster. They were always kind of dull, but bloating up your action bar with nonsense they have added lately like murder of crows, lynx rush, and the like it just feels like they're desperate to try to add new things for hunters to push but it just feels awkward and forced to me, I don't enjoy it at all.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

  9. #9
    I disagree that hunters don't have raid utility, their pet can give any buff missing in the raid. Last night we did spoils with only 1 bloodlust. The hunter just took his BL pet out and helped us a great deal! Maybe not the best, but certainly not the worst raid utility.

  10. #10
    imo questions like "is class X fun to play?" should never be asked. as u wil always get personal opnion. just try urself and u can tell

  11. #11
    It's amazing - high-middle DPS capability, and we can do it all on the move.

    Azortharion#2528 - Skype: azortharion - Stream - Hunter F.A.Q - YT - Hunter IRC - Twitter

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Because PVE is fun, PVP isn't
    nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  13. #13
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Because PVE is fun, PVP isn't
    Answer found, close thread.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiziana View Post
    Where do i sign on that?
    seconded, where do i sign?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •