Computer problems with updates.

Okay so here it goes;

Day 1
    I startup the computer normally like I would. Start Rift, notice that I am having FPS drops... Weird I think to myself and go to see if there are any updates available, and there was. I shutdown the computer to let it update them all (129 of them) and then I boot up the computer again and the fps problems were gone. I play all day and shut down the computer at the end of the day.

Day 2
    I startup the computer and start my Rift again, noticing the same bad fps as last day before I did the updates... Thinking this is really weird I go to see if there any updates available, and yes there is. "Hmm strange" I think to myself as I just updated it the day before, "oh well let's just get that overwith then" I shut down the computer and I get the same amount of updates (129) and it takes forever. Isn't this really weird? It happens everytime I restart the computer...
    Any thoughts? I'm thinking it might be because I'm having my ssd set as my C: drive(main) and my HDD set as E:, and somehow it puts the updates in E and it isn't recognizing that I already have the updates in there.
    Much appreciation for help.

what if you installed the updates during windows and not in the shut down procedure? if something goes wrong it should give you an error message

I tried that now, and got that 1 out of the 131 updates was failing! I'll try to sort it out now, closed the update down as I'm stupid, and now I can't find it...

just search up windows update in the start menu and you will find it

if an update fails it should give you an error code, to which you can search up on the microsoft site!