Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Cia is kidnaping drone protesters in Pakistan

UPDATE: We've just been informed that Kareem Khan has now been released after being interrogated, beaten and tortured. This press release from the human rights organisation Reprieve says that Kareem was questioned about his work on drone strikes while in detention and upon his release earlier today was told not to speak to the media: http://www.reprieve.org.uk/press/2014

In the early hours of 5 February, the anti-drone activist Kareem Khan went missing from his home in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, just days before he was due to testify before members of the UK, Dutch and German Parliaments on the US' use of drone strikes in his country. Kareem's lawyer Shahzad Akbar, says his client was kidnapped by a Pakistani government agency, likely in an effort to prevent him from travelling to Europe. We spoke to Mr Akbar to find out more...

From what i understand the Usa has some cia agency in pakistan wich is preventing protests and keeping up a power so they can fire drone strikes when they want. Goverment is probaly bribed and they will do nothing and keep their eyes closed. Sounds like violation of human rights to me.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Of course CIA are there, did you think they werent?

Deleted
    Is this a surprise to you? long live the blood red white and blue!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    Is this a surprise to you? long live the blood red white and blue!
    Nah not realy. But they are pretty good at cowering it up for so long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Nah not realy. But they are pretty good at cowering it up for so long.
    To me it seems they used to really try to hide it. Now they don't give a fuck anymore. Who the hell is going to rise up against the world's superpower and tyrant? The Soviets are gone so the US of A has a free playing field and able to do anything they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm drone protesters?

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it seems they used to really try to hide it. Now they don't give a fuck anymore. Who the hell is going to rise up against the world's superpower and tyrant? The Soviets are gone so the US of A has a free playing field and able to do anything they want.
    Unles the protest starts infront of the white house they will do nothing. If all those pakistan protesters went to america and protest there, then something would probaly happen. (but year cia would try to stop them at all cost, heck they would probaly try to crash down the plane where they were on and blame it on terorists)

Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-02-16 at 10:46 PM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Unles the protest starts infront of the white house they will do nothing. If all those pakistan protesters went to america and protest there, then something would probaly happen. (but year cia would try to stop them at all cost, heck they would probaly try to crash down the plane where they were on and blame it on terorists)
    Well seeing as America has already become a police state, and doesn't even respect their own citizens, how do you think a group of pakistani protesters (in their eyes terrorists) will do in Washington DC

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason why american muslims are a model minority compared to euro muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    This story smells foul. But excusing the ridiculousness of the story, I've always wondered why people (especially those outside of the US) are so afraid of the NSA and not the CIA. The NSA is full of a bunch of technology nerds, no one disagrees that the CIA is America's pitbull which not only collects data but uses it - sometimes according to its own will. There is a reason why the CIA isn't supposed to operate within US borders.

Well seeing as America has already become a police state, and doesn't even respect their own citizens, how do you think a group of pakistani protesters (in their eyes terrorists) will do in Washington DC
    Let me get this right.

We're a police state because our intentionally shady as shit spy agencies do shady-as-shit things to other people in other countries? In other words, they're doing exactly what we created them for?

It was probably the ISI being the ISI. But if it were the CIA, I wouldn't really care.

The Drone War will never end.

I would blame ISI.
    Also, more Hellfires and JDAMs.
    All Talibs must die.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Let me get this right.

We're a police state because our intentionally shady as shit spy agencies do shady-as-shit things to other people in other countries? In other words, they're doing exactly what we created them for?

It was probably the ISI being the ISI. But if it were the CIA, I wouldn't really care.

The Drone War will never end.
    people on this forum love to throw the term police state around, should be its own mmo champ meme

OT no real surprise here, would be more news worthy if they WERENT doing this tbh

Deleted
    Probs the ISI. Pretty bullshit really. Hopefully the guy is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    There is a reason why american muslims are a model minority compared to euro muslims.
    Model of what?

Already forgot?

Deleted
    At least he was released. If someone was captured by THEM, they'd release a video where they cut the victims head off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Model of what?

Already forgot?
    Those two don't represent Muslims at all...

That's like saying

http://i.imgur.com/dG5YSsX.jpg

represents all white people...

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Those two don't represent Muslims at all...
    The Aurora shooter wasn't religiously motivated while the Tsarnaev brothers acted in the name of Islam. There is a huge difference between them and If you cant grasp that I am afraid that no further explanations will be enough for you.

Which was he kidnapped by? A pakistani government agency, or the cia? Because we're not exactly on the best of terms with Pakistan's government after the whole unilateral raid on Bin Laden thing. I'd be pretty surprised if the CIA was actually working with any government agency in Pakistan, when they'd be a lot more likely to just circumvent them if they had to.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2014-02-15 at 02:06 PM.