Thread: Big Love Rocket

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Why do you give people false hope? You can do it 500 times and you still won't have a higher chance to get it than the guy who did it once. Just about no one here will get the mount so I think it's OK to have low expectations.

Funny thing with account wide mounts is that Blizzard reduced some mount drops from rare to imaginary because people farm them with 10 alts.
    Love Rocket was always this ridiculous drop rate. I can't think of a stealth nerf they've done to any mount drop off the top of my head, either. Most have been buffed.

Oh and while it is the same each time you don't seem to understand statistics.

100000 people do 50 runs a day and 100000 people do 1 run a day. Which group will see more mounts? You are improving your chances regardless of the fact it's still 'the same chance each time'. Is bonus loot a complete waste to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    If I ever get the mount, I've resolved myself to level a goblin mage and transmog him to look like a pimp solely so I have a character that makes sense riding it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Going to go super nerd here, but the way you figure the probability is:

P(Getting the Mount) + P(Not Getting the Mount) = 1.00 or 100%

P(Getting the Mount) = 1 - P(Not getting the Mount)
    = 1 - P(not getting the mount 1st time AND not getting it the 2nd AND not getting it the 3rd..... AND not getting it the last, 15th time)
    = 1 - (.9997)(.9997)(.9997)....all the way to the last one (.9997)
    = 1 - (.9997)^15

so for each character you have that can run it, you increase the exponent by 15 (15days for each toon).
    P(1 character): 1 - (.9997)^15 = .00449056 (0.45%)
    P(2 characters): 1 - (.9997)^30 = .00896095 (0.90%)
    P(3 characters): 1 - (.9997)^45 = .01341121 (1.34%)
    P(5 characters): 1 - (.9997)^75 = .02252063 (2.25%)
    P(10 character): 1 - (.9997)^150 = .0440089 (4.40%)

I have 18 90s, so my odds of getting it, if I run all of them everyday of the event are:
    P(18 characters): 1 - (.9997)^270 = .0778175 (7.78%)

So your odds do go up w/ multiple toons.
    But they may not go up AS much as you might hope.

- - - Updated - - -

It may look like your odds double each time, but the truth is that is not the case.
    It only appears that way since the odds are SO low of getting it.

If you looked at it from the approach of something that has a 50/50 chance (like a coin) you will see the numbers look much different.

P(flipping a head)= 1 - P(not flipping a head)
    P= 1 - .5 = .5

Now the probability of flipping at least 1 head on 3 tosses:
    P = 1 - (no head 1st toss AND no head 2nd toss AND no head 3rd toss)
    P = 1 - (.5)^3 = .875 (87.5%)

So you can see that probability does not always look as it did in the previous model.
    Last edited by Neddy; 2014-02-16 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    As a dps, the queue for 1 char usually is longer than it takes to kill the actual boss with 7 chars.
    I que as tank / healer on all characters that have that option and then just dps on all of them. There's really no reason for any of those roles when the bosses die in about 30 seconds. No more need for a tank or healer on Crown chemical company than in a scenario. Faster queue for you and everyone else in the queue doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Wait this thing is still rare? I heard they upped the drop rate...
    Sorry to be a dick, literally logged in and did the run after making this post, and won it.

Last edited by AeneasBK; 2014-02-16 at 04:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade and Soul View Post

And now, let the hate begin!
    Hate began LAST YEAR, after running lots of alts for years. Seeing friends and guildmates running lots of alts for years. AND NONE having it to show. Dang... I haven't seem even half-dozen people showing off this mount in the servers I play.

Trust me the hate is going for quite some time right now. Against the stupid idea of making a mount available in such small window, so rare.
    My guess is that the retarded designer responsible for Hummel encounter asked the loot table guys for that, to show off to the Headless Horseman encounter designer how many more people do his one. What a dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    Going to go super nerd here, but the way you figure the probability is:

P(Getting the Mount) + P(Not Getting the Mount) = 1.00 or 100%
    Try to keep it simple, because those who ignore the increased chance for each character usually are TL : DR.

Thing is it's like rolling a Dice and get a 6 at least once. You can't say the guy rolling it once have the same chance of the guy rolling it 10 times, can you?

Big Love Rocket is the same you need the right RNG ONCE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I que as tank / healer on all characters that have that option and then just dps on all of them. There's really no reason for any of those roles when the bosses die in about 30 seconds. No more need for a tank or healer on Crown chemical company than in a scenario. Faster queue for you and everyone else in the queue doing that.
    I honestly don't like to do this. While I know that the fight basically doesn't require a tank or a healer, I'd feel like a dick for illegitimately skipping the queue. D:

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't like to do this. While I know that the fight basically doesn't require a tank or a healer, I'd feel like a dick for illegitimately skipping the queue. D:
    Depends, I go heals as my ele shaman and I just dps. With heroism the bosses drop so fast, no one gets injured enough that my healing stream totem can't top them off. I heal on my mistweaver monk just because I like the spec and can't stand the other two. Every once in a while I actually get to do some healing, but sometimes I just end up jumping around and tossing out some renewing mists. It's stupid easy.

Gratz man Personally running it on 12 characters guess thats around 5% for whole event though you can't add numbers just like that as doing it 2 times wont be 0.06 chance but still 0.03

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sorry to be a dick, literally logged in and did the run after making this post, and won it.

Grats! You too were bestowed the delicious unique snowflake box of chocolate as well!

=)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    It's done so quick now, the queue is usually longer then it takes to kill the boss.
    The event hasn't been updated in.. 2 years now? So yes, it's over very quickly. I haven't actually done it myself this year (as I have no need to); but, my wife (who is still trying to get the Love Rocket mount to drop) tells me the event is blown through in no time flat.

To the OP: grats on the mount. Now, do a few laps around Trade District and proceed to field incoming whispers of "omg how you get?!"

Last edited by Invictus9001; 2014-02-16 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Picture insert for vanity :P

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    The event hasn't been updated in.. 2 years now? So yes, it's over very quickly. I haven't actually done it myself this year (as I have no need to); but, my wife (who is still trying to get the Love Rocket mount to drop) tells me the event is blown through in no time flat.

To the OP: grats on the mount. Now, do a few laps around Trade District and proceed to field incoming whispers of "omg how you get?!"

Oh believe me I did LOL. The whispers and reactions were priceless.

Atleast you can be guaranteed a mount for the event, it might be a (to some) a crappy pink bird, but it's something!

Doesn't take too long to get 270 tokens.

What if they put the Love Rocket up for tokens? Like something ridiculous, 10,000? Kinda like 100,000 Timeless Coins for the mount, Although it's two weeks, I don't think millions of players would have time to purely grind for two weeks straight to get that many tokens, so it would still be a sub 5% mount, but like the Darkmoon mounts, it would carry over events, so it could still take years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    What if they put the Love Rocket up for tokens? Like something ridiculous, 10,000? Kinda like 100,000 Timeless Coins for the mount, Although it's two weeks, I don't think millions of players would have time to purely grind for two weeks straight to get that many tokens, so it would still be a sub 5% mount, but like the Darkmoon mounts, it would carry over events, so it could still take years.
    Then those who don't have the time would start complaining that it's "a mount for those without a life" etc. Don't think the overall reactions would be any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a dps, the queue for 1 char usually is longer than it takes to kill the actual boss with 7 chars.
    No kidding. These are probably the longest holiday queues I've ever seen.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    It's still the same chance every time, sorry. I've gotten both fiery and baron after a few runs and I would still not recommend over farming those to anyone.
    Never did binomial distribution in school?
    Last edited by Flowsion; 2014-02-17 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    I have one too (got it 2 or 3 years ago?). I used it like once since I dislike it. If I could "cage" (aka battle pet) it and sell it I definately would.

Hey there everyone, for those of you still trying to get Love Tokens, I found a great place to farm Lovely Charms. Not sure if this has been posted before.

Here is the video:

I will update the OP too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine Feb 15th, 2013 so me and my rocket have been together for a year and two days now!! I've been quing with friends and guildies this year, hoping my 'luck' rubs off on 'em.

I love the thing. Its so silly and ridiculous, and then I put a moonkin on it and ...... I laugh a lot with this thing. When people start bringing out the rare mounts to compare epeens, I like whipping it out. Not always a definite win but its nice ammo. Although now when I complain about not getting flametalon yet or Invincible or anything, everyone tells me to shut up because I have it < . >

Also@ the person that mentioned making a pimp goblin and riding this: I'm gonna have to do that now, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP; "you tell us: let the hate begin."
    With making a topic about this, showing it off and rubbing it in other's face, well that's asking for hate.. If the mount did take some skill or time commitment to get then a big gratz to you. But this mount has nothing to do with any of the above, so sorry no gratz for you, just another lucky bastard...
    Kinda offtopic: been doing it on 13 characters for 2 years now and not a sign, a guildie of mine just got his 2nd one...
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".