Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ways to improve for our Mistweaver...

Hey,
    I am looking for a help to evalue our mistweaver monk. We are trying to check out other monks to compare ourselves but i think the best plan is to be checked up b expierenced monks here on MMO Champion. I am looking specificily for ways to improve healing, if you find any flaws in rotation or spells disproportion please write it down. I heard that Uplift usage should lower to renewing mists. But as i said i dont have 90s monk so please be kind to me.
    Posting down wols, as data to check upon our raids. IF you have more question i am going to check this thread asap.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hv1llixlkl59qhb9/
    more current one
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ihuiedg5uflx8n9x/

I don't know why you seem to think some sort of improvement is needed, his healing is fine. The only major flaw seems to be that he's completely ignoring the damage potential of a MW in a 10 man raid, which is why you're seeing abnormally high Uplift values. Most MWs would be spending half of their time just doing damage, not spamming Uplift when it's unnecessary. The fact that there is no Crackling Jade Lightning, Jab, Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, or DPS cloak damage done on any fight is... disturbing.

Can you post a link to their armory?

From a quick glance - I am looking at the Iron Jug fight - MW should shine here.

ReM has good uptime - TfT is being used on CD - only issue i can see here is if ReM is not on 8+ people before they TFT+uplift - cant really tell from the logs

Using spinning Cranekick too much - if they want to use SCK, then need to talent into RJW. (90 talent) they are currently using CHI Torpedo which is a waste since it resulted in only .2% of their healing - for the entire log. If they switch to RJW, they can still heal while using RJW and it will result in loads more healing throughput.

otherwise - from just logs- i dont see anything that i would gasp at.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raain View Post
    Completely meaningless gauge of a healer's ability, clearly there's a fundamental misunderstanding here. I don't think it's this mistweaver that's your issue, it's either one of those discipline priests or just execution in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I don't think it's this mistweaver that's your issue, it's either one of those discipline priests or just execution in general.
    Agreed. I see nothing wrong with the MW. The fact that he's ahead of, and on par with the Disc Priests a majority of the time leads me to believe he deserves a medal. He really could be fistweaving though since it's farm, particularly on Galakras.

Only thing he could be doing is provide dps, but the way i see it his healing output is more then fine.

To add to the fistweaving comments.
    As a MW that went WW because I enjoy DPS, keep in mind that sometimes a healer has no interest in doing damage so while the MW's potential is absolutely increased through damage when healing isn't required it can be a huge put off to expect them to do it, so if you bring that up just make sure you aren't pushing it too hard.

That said it's easy to get caught up in the DPS and slack or even lose skill in your core healing skills. I see it with disc priests all the time that just smite heal and can't do anything else worthy of a raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Most MWs would be spending half of their time just doing damage, not spamming Uplift when it's unnecessary. The fact that there is no Crackling Jade Lightning, Jab, Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, or DPS cloak damage done on any fight is... disturbing.
    Better not check my logs then ;-)
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you seem to think some sort of improvement is needed, his healing is fine. The only major flaw seems to be that he's completely ignoring the damage potential of a MW in a 10 man raid, which is why you're seeing abnormally high Uplift values. Most MWs would be spending half of their time just doing damage, not spamming Uplift when it's unnecessary. The fact that there is no Crackling Jade Lightning, Jab, Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, or DPS cloak damage done on any fight is... disturbing.
    You are easily disturbed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, but I have to heal my ass off (10 / HC - 2Heal). I don't see much fights where I could get in some dps and totally rely on my priest healer. Furthermore, HC farm bosses feel kind of harder to heal as progress ones cause my raids starts to think that staying in shit is no problem anymore

I didn't find myself FW too much in 10 man most the time. On occasion I would, but I wouldn't consider it part of something absolutely necessary unless our DPS just couldn't make the timers. In 25 man monks do it more simply because there are more healers who easily cover the raid without you and you may as well FW. I wouldn't ever consider FW something that you absolutely have to do unless you aren't making enrages.

FW seems to be one of those "forced" play styles that Blizzard just happens to be supporting more and more.

It's a little bit like the ... Smite... Spec... that was popular at one point... it works, but Blizzard didn't intend for that kind of play style I don't think, not fully anyways.

Not sure what all the resistance to doing damage as a MW is, that's literally the only reason why you'd ever take a MW over a Resto Druid. It's a rare ability among healers that is only shared by Disc Priests, everyone should be doing something in some form of damage each fight even if it's just one Jab --> TP or one CJL. It's not like you need to be conserving mana or spamming heals for the entire duration of any fight in SoO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Some healers like to focus on healing, and only on healing.

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Some healers like to focus on healing, and only on healing.
    Those healers would be just as bad as a Shadow Priest that never uses Divine Star for healing purposes or a Druid that never uses Heart of the Wild for its intended purpose. Ignoring a huge part of a spec just makes someone a poor player. Anyone that wants to limit themselves to only using the parts of a spec they like should stick to 5 man dungeons and LFR.

Those healers would be just as bad as a Shadow Priest that never uses Divine Star for healing purposes or a Druid that never uses Heart of the Wild for its intended purpose. Ignoring a huge part of a spec just makes someone a poor player. Anyone that wants to limit themselves to only using the parts of a spec they like should stick to 5 man dungeons and LFR.
    calm down friend zone

tell torn"e" nober says hi lolol
    - Lostep -

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a slight difference between hitting an ability every few minutes, or even possibly every 30s, than changing your complete playstyle.
    On farm fights, my mistweaver isn't really a healer anymore; he is really just a low DPS that does a crazy amount of off-healing.

Equating two significantly different situations to prove an argument is poor form, even for you.

You're just being pedantic because you have a personal problem with me. You know very well that a MW that goes an entire raid without pressing a single damage ability is doing it wrong, saying otherwise just to try to annoy me just wastes everyone else's time.

You're just being pedantic because you have a personal problem with me. You know very well that a MW that goes an entire raid without pressing a single damage ability is doing it wrong, saying otherwise just to try to annoy me just wastes everyone else's time.

wrong is subjective. Its an option to add in damage not a requirement.